Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- voidy - 2012-01-02

i like that aswell (would be even more awesome if there would be an option to switch the background to the regular background or the framed on in the original metropolis)

- Bkam - 2012-01-02

Stoli, are you planing on doing anything to Recently added ? It look to plain. Perhaps something like cover flow or someting else to make it stick out little more Smile ?

- stoli - 2012-01-02

Bkam Wrote:Stoli, are you planing on doing anything to Recently added ? It look to plain. Perhaps something like cover flow or someting else to make it stick out little more Smile ?

Yeah just can't figure out what - I also want to include the next watched script. There's just not a lot of real estate to work with.

- Shinu - 2012-01-03

stoli Wrote:Yeah just can't figure out what - I also want to include the next watched script. There's just not a lot of real estate to work with.

maybe just add something to the bottom?

- sialivi - 2012-01-03

Personally I'm not very interested in having the watchlist stuff on the home screen, I'm more interested in having it in the submenu and make it use whatever viewtype I like. Is this possible?

- sialivi - 2012-01-03

Request
An optional alternate 24h clock, flipclock style:

- Baswazz - 2012-01-03

sialivi Wrote:Personally I'm not very interested in having the watchlist stuff on the home screen, I'm more interested in having it in the submenu and make it use whatever viewtype I like. Is this possible?

I agree with you. It does not fit with the homescreen of this skin.

- sialivi - 2012-01-03

@Amra
If you have time, could you create a new moviegenres\3d.jpg with a couple of 3d glasses? I couldn't find anything suitable that matches the look of the rest.

- Amra - 2012-01-03

sialivi Wrote:@Amra
If you have time, could you create a new moviegenres\3d.jpg with a couple of 3d glasses? I couldn't find anything suitable that matches the look of the rest.
Here ya go...
My Favorite. With & Without title text.
Image.Image

And here is an alternate
Image.Image

Save the image with title text in the "media\moviegenres" folder and then the plain image (without the title text) in the "media\moviegenres\NoLabels" folder.

Hope that helps.

[EDIT] PS: In case anyone wants to make any more Genre posters for themselves & keep with the style I used, then here are some simple instructions.

1. Find an image you like and crop it to 250x500 pixels. I usually just do a google image search for "minimalist poster" or just "minimalist + [whatever you want]". If that doesn't work, then try the search terms "retro" or "art deco". Anyway, you get the idea.

2. Make two versions of poster as I did above. Use the "Hill House" font (freeware) at 28pt (white text with a 1 pixel black border) and then center the text 20 pixels up from the bottom. I also add a 2 pixel dark shadow to the text to make it stand out a little better.

3. Save as a jpeg as I explained above with the 3D image.

- stoli - 2012-01-03

sialivi Wrote:Request
An optional alternate 24h clock, flipclock style:

The only problem I have with that is time period. This skin is 20's-50's and the flip clock screams 70's....

- zepfan - 2012-01-03

Amra Wrote:Here ya go...
My Favorite. With & Without title text.
Image.

Oh hell yeah! Nice choice!

- homerjs - 2012-01-04

stoli Wrote:The only problem I have with that is time period. This skin is 20's-50's and the flip clock screams 70's....

Agreed.

- Amra - 2012-01-04

zepfan Wrote:Oh hell yeah! Nice choice!
Thought you'd like that. Laugh

- sialivi - 2012-01-04

Amra Wrote:Here ya go...

Thanks, much appreciated.

stoli Wrote:The only problem I have with that is time period. This skin is 20's-50's and the flip clock screams 70's....

Yeah, I figured some would have a problem with that. I'll just mod my own at some point. For the record though, the first flip clocks were released in the 50s. I think I was thinking of the wrong type of clocks anyway, I think it was art deco digital clocks where the numbers are written on cylinders.

- sialivi - 2012-01-04

Since there was some interest in my wip viewtype I'll try to finish it. Here's it's current state. The Aspect Ratio on the non focused items are incorrect at the moment and the animations suck (might have to leave that to someone else). Feel free to come with suggestions (but I'm a total newbie so it'll have to be simple suggestions)