Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - thewarm - 2012-09-06

Having a problem with Music Videos. I am using the "ConcertDB" scraper for metadata. I see the information when I use the "i" key. But when I select Music Videos from the Home Screen, I do not see the titles listed (I do see the "folder.jpg").
When I go back to the stock Metropolis skin, all is well. Any ideas please?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 16:39)thewarm Wrote: Having a problem with Music Videos. I am using the "ConcertDB" scraper for metadata. I see the information when I use the "i" key. But when I select Music Videos from the Home Screen, I do not see the titles listed (I do see the "folder.jpg").
When I go back to the stock Metropolis skin, all is well. Any ideas please?

Are you pulling straight from github or using the RC1 I posted yesterday?

If you're pulling from github, it might be that you had previously set the view type to Gallery, which is no longer supported for Music Videos and was thus removed (yesterday, actually). Try switching to Files view in the version that works for you and then update.

If you're getting it from Passion it may have been updated with that change too (haven't checked).

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - thewarm - 2012-09-07

Files view is all I can use.
I've tried both the 1.91 zip and the GIT download. Same problem.
Here's what it looks like...

Note that I am also missing the Blu-ray logo on the left which does appear when I hit the info key!

Metropolis Version

BTW, I'm running Eden on Windows 7 (x86).

Thanks for a great skin!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 04:54)thewarm Wrote: Files view is all I can use.
I've tried both the 1.91 zip and the GIT download. Same problem.

I just installed a copy of Eden from scratch and used the skin archive from the link I provided in the first post. I still cannot reproduce this...

However, I did not use the ConcertDB scraper as I don't have any concert videos.

I'll keep looking, but right now, I have no idea why that's happening for you. Is anyone else seeing this?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - thewarm - 2012-09-07

I found the problem (and solution). It is a bug in the ConcertDB add-on. The "work-around" is to export the Video Library as single files, then edit the NFO in each concert's folder, adding the title (which is blank), then hit Info and refresh (but NOT from the internet). I'm still missing the Blu-ray flag on the Music Video page though...just an empty box. It does show when I select the info for the concert.
Happy, happy...

Strange that I don't encounter this problem with the official Metropolis skin.

BTW, I am running the official Metropolis on my main HTPC and testing the Metropolis GIT upstairs on my work system (both running on 32bit Windows 7 Intel boxes)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 14:49)thewarm Wrote: I found the problem (and solution). It is a bug in the ConcertDB add-on. The "work-around" is to export the Video Library as single files, then edit the NFO in each concert's folder, adding the title (which is blank), then hit Info and refresh (but NOT from the internet). Works...
Happy, happy...

Strange that I don't encounter this problem with the official Metropolis skin.

Very strange indeed.. that part shouldn't have changed between the versions. If the title is missing, well.. it won't show the title Tongue

I've also found and fixed the issue where the source Media Flag doesn't show.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - prynn - 2012-09-08

Just installed this skin and its run reeeeally smooth on the Apple tv 2.
Just one thing, Im running the eden 11.0 the stable one, and want to upgrade to the monthly builds, is this skin compatible with the monthly versions? Cheers!

[WIP] Metropolis skin - stoli - 2012-09-08

I'm using it on monthlies for both windows and Atv2 without any issues.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - thewarm - 2012-09-08

Stoli, thanks for fixing the missing media flag. I discovered one last thing stopping me from upgrading my main HTPC to the GIT. When I go to Settings/Metropolis/Home Items and add favorites to the TV Shows they don't launch! Just shows a blank screen and "Image Not Available". Any ideas please?

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Oh, and one last thing... Is there a way to show the "Realistic Weather Icons" by the clock? I do get them with the stock skin.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 03:56)thewarm Wrote: When I go to Settings/Metropolis/Home Items and add favorites to the TV Shows they don't launch! Just shows a blank screen and "Image Not Available". Any ideas please?

I had a typo in the settings right around that area. Wait until tomorrow morning and I'll post RC2 -- I think that will fix your problem. If it doesn't, post back here then and let me know.

(2012-09-08, 03:56)thewarm Wrote: Oh, and one last thing... Is there a way to show the "Realistic Weather Icons" by the clock? I do get them with the stock skin.

Don't really know what you mean here. I didn't change this. Does selecting "Use Realistic Weather Icons" not work?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - bandelguy - 2012-09-08

Any plans to make the skin 1080p hd?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - vishek - 2012-09-08

Only one thing if it can be possible:
In Videos - Files I use view type as "Files" as it fits best to me with all required information. It would be really great if Movie Genres can also be shown in the files view mode as shown in other modes such as Low List, Gallary, Poster, Fanart. As of now I need to go into the movie information to see the movie genres..

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - prynn - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 00:10)stoli Wrote: I'm using it on monthlies for both windows and Atv2 without any issues.

Thanks man, just installed the latest monthly build, and it's working like a charm.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - thewarm - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 03:56)thewarm Wrote: Oh, and one last thing... Is there a way to show the "Realistic Weather Icons" by the clock? I do get them with the stock skin.

Don't really know what you mean here. I didn't change this. Does selecting "Use Realistic Weather Icons" not work?
[/quote]

When I check Use Realistic Weather icons in the stock Metropolis skin, I get the cool looking icons in the weather display and on the Home page. But with the GIT only the default icons show on the Home page (down on the bottom right by the time).

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 14:15)thewarm Wrote: When I check Use Realistic Weather icons in the stock Metropolis skin, I get the cool looking icons in the weather display and on the Home page. But with the GIT only the default icons show on the Home page (down on the bottom right by the time).

They're showing on both for me. Have you tried restarting XBMC after checking the option? It shouldn't be needed, but it's worth a shot.