Kodi Community Forum
Convergence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Convergence (/showthread.php?tid=99839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Mudislander - 2012-02-20

hdmax Wrote:I do believe that I have found the skin I will be using on all my HTPC's!

One thing I did notice, (I believe it is a bug) on the home screen when music is highlighted it shows albums list twice instead of Artist, then Albums.

Albums 1259
Albums 1259
Songs 18562

Found your bug Smile shown below. Sorry for some unknown reason when I read this the first time, submenu was on my mind so I looked in the wrong place. Anyway will be fixed in next version.

@Mrmills - the list of buttons is getting bigger, have now included a "goto full screen" button and made some better volume buttons. I'm working on the click action for the volume and have had an idea that each click could change the volume by say 10%, this would make it much more user friendly to change volume, just have to get the jump right.

Also last night I was doodeling "That sounds wrong Wink " anyway thought I'd try out some info labels on the main menu, which I actually quite like although haven't made up my mind what info they should show, so if anyone has any ideas or preferences - let me know. Not that much room there but could do newest movie or album, move the library stats there maybe?

- Mrmills - 2012-02-20

I love buttons.. ! Sounds great with the jump 10%.. I have an idea for the main menu.

And again this is just a suggestion. A "suggested" menu.. With all the suggested from music, video and so on.. Would it be difficult to make like a wall with covers or like the favorites menu, but with 3 rows?

I like the way the covers are shown in suggested so if it is possible 3 suggested windows side by side? Maybe favorites sorted the same way if possible ?

- Mudislander - 2012-02-22

Yeh, we'll do something with suggested info, but I'd like to try and get the update out first, keep getting side tracked as now have added support for Random and Latest Items for a Playlist works well Smile

- Mrmills - 2012-02-22

hehe.. sounds great..im just glad you added the buttons.. the rest can wait Smile easy for me to say im not putting in any work Smile
we will see what happens.. thanks again

- Mrmills - 2012-02-23

found this on the forum.. not what i suggested but the idea of getting to your media with fewer clicks is.. like the screenshot in the link but with maybe 3 or 4 rows and a toggle option between favorites and suggested or newly added ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113702

- mad-max - 2012-02-24

Hey mudislander,

we had a request for German strings for Convergence in our German community...
I translated the missing strings into German...see here:
http://pastebin.com/gBYSXLYN

cheers,
mad-max

- Mudislander - 2012-02-24

mad-max Wrote:Hey mudislander,

we had a request for German strings for Convergence in our German community...
I translated the missing strings into German...see here:
http://pastebin.com/gBYSXLYN

cheers,
mad-max

Cheers mate, was thinking of asking for your help in translations Smile

Might still have to as have been goning through the lang file in the last couple of days to tidy it up

- mad-max - 2012-02-24

Mudislander Wrote:Might still have to as have been goning through the lang file in the last couple of days to tidy it up

No problem...
BTW: Some strings seem to be redundant...
Saw children twice and think some more...
You might check it...

cheers

- Mudislander - 2012-02-24

mad-max Wrote:No problem...
BTW: Some strings seem to be redundant...
Saw children twice and think some more...
You might check it...

cheers

Yep, that's what I've been doing Big Grin

svn update 4.0.3 - Mudislander - 2012-02-29

svn version updated to 4.0.3. Released a bit early as am still working on it, but laptop is giving problems Sad

Change log
PHP Code:
Bugfix Mainmenu Addons 5 6 Not working
Added Support for Advanced Launcher
Added Support for Livestreams
Added New System Settings for Various Artwork Paths
Increased Bottom Scroller Text size
ReIntroduced Live TV 
Bugfix PDAStyle Forecast icon not always displayed
Added ability to offset initial focus of home menu on startup
Bugfix Only played first of suggested albums
Added Media buttons to Home Screen and Removed Logo
Bugfix Weather widget came up even if no locations
Added Home button to Music Viz and Video OSD
Changed Media Info and Codec images
Added support for script.RandomAndLastItems
Removed auto search for external genre icon now must be set
Added Home Menu Info Labels
Reintroduced Favourites Widget
Added Support for script.metadata.actors (ATM Limited)
Reintroduced media Views EpisodesAnimated Case, FullWallWideList
Sorted Lang File [WIP

Support added for

Bug Reports Requested

- Mrmills - 2012-02-29

Have to check it out.. Thanks for the buttons, Smile cant try them out now cause im at the hospital with my 5 month old son, he just had hartsurgery so everything else in on standby..

- Angelscry - 2012-03-01

Mudislander, I have just test your skin support for Advanced Launcher. You make a good job, but I have few remarks and suggestions to improve the corresponding views. Take them as you want... that are just my opinion.

For the wide list views :

The launchers view (screen 1) is referring to a games list, but Advanced Launcher is not only dedicated to games but could also be used to manage comics, videos, magazines, websites, applications, etc... This view could also be used by other program add-ons. So I think using the "Items" term instead of "games" will be more appropriate. Strangely the items view is correct (screen 2).

The idea of displaying a list of fanarts instead of thumbs is great. But I think that the list miss to display some informations. For example on screen 2, you can only guess that this list is related to Nintendo 64 games by the games title. It think I will be a good idea to display somewhere on the screen the items (maybe on the bottom bar). Also, I do not know if it will possible to add more information for each item (like release year, genre, ans studio) on this list. It will give more complete information.

I do not know if you have also planning to add similar views displaying thumbs (tall, wide and square) instead of fanarts? For example on the (screen 3) is displaying my Iron Man comics list... A similar list this tall thumbs, will be perfect in this case.

Image Image Image

For the media info 2 views :

Only tall covers are displayed correctly. There is no correct views for square covers (ex: icons, PSX games) or wide covers (ex : Nintendo 64, SNES). Also same remark than for the wide list view, it miss some useful item information (platform, genre and studio).

Image Image Image

- Mudislander - 2012-03-01

@Angelscry - Thanks, that's brilliant. I'll work on your suggestions. I only had a few dummy applications that I'd made up to work on, and your remarks will go a long way in helping Smile

- mikebzh44 - 2012-03-01

Hello.

With RandomAndLastItems script, the way you have code it into Convergence, you can manage only Movie playlist because you don't specifie type= parameter :

XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=4,method=$VAR[RandomOrLastAction],playlist=$INFO[Skin.String(UsrHomeButtonOnePlayList)],menu=UsrAddOnOne,unwatched=$VAR[RandomOrLastUnWatched])

So Movie will be use as default.

If a user want to use custom menu to display TV-Shows playlist, you have to call my script this way :

XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,limit=4,method=$VAR[RandomOrLastAction],playlist=$INFO[Skin.String(UsrHomeButtonOnePlayList)],type=Episode,menu=UsrAddOnOne,unwatched=$VAR[RandomOrLastUnWatched])

So you have to set up a new option in your skin to define if custom menu is for TV shows (type=Episode) or for Movies (type=Movie)

- Mudislander - 2012-03-01

@mikebzh44 - Hi, Thanks. It will get changed. I wrote that code when the script was first released and have not yet implemented the "type=Episode" yet.