[RELEASE] mFlow (UK free streaming music service/Spotify alternative)
Just gave 0.3 a try, and it certainly seems to have got rid of the artwork bug. Cheers!

BTW I did sign up using the link that you've provided, but I didn't get £1 added to my account. I hope you got one in yours. I might fire off an e-mail and try and find out what's happened later this week.

Thanks again. Have a good holiday!
Hmm.. sorry to hear you didn't get your credit procrastinator.

Just checked and the page with the referrer URL says "For every friend who joins mflow we'll give you both £1.00 in mflow credit.", so would be worth e-mailing them about that.
To be honest I'm not that bothered about it for myself. It's just a nice little way of saying thank you - and if enough people download your addon it could become quite a big way of saying thank you Wink
Wait!
I've a german IP and can listen songs on the website without registration. But i can't register (because of my ip).
Will this XBMC Addon work for me?

It it already available in the official Addon-Repository?
Can it scrobble to last.fm with the buildin xbmc scrobbler?

----
Edit:
Strange, i really could register with my german ip via the sign up on main page.
I only got the message, that i can't sign up with my german ip, once when i tried to sign up with your invite code.
pred Wrote:Wait!
I've a german IP and can listen songs on the website without registration. But i can't register (because of my ip).
Will this XBMC Addon work for me?

It it already available in the official Addon-Repository?
Can it scrobble to last.fm with the buildin xbmc scrobbler?

----
Edit:
Strange, i really could register with my german ip via the sign up on main page.
I only got the message, that i can't sign up with my german ip, once when i tried to sign up with your invite code.

Feedback from other users suggests that they have had success using the plugin from outside the UK. The plugin uses mflow's own api to access the music, so I can only presume it is working as intended until such time as they restrict access further.

The plugin's not in the official repo as yet.

I don't know for sure whether the last.fm scrobbler works, but my guess is that it should work fine as the tracks are ultimately being played by xbmc's builtin player in the same way they would if they were in your own library. Let me know if you have any problems.

I'll hopefully get a new version of the plugin up in the next day or so with the ability to "flow" tracks.

Cheers
wow top addon thanks Smile !!
lefty420 Wrote:wow top addon thanks Smile !!

You're welcome, thanks mate. Smile

I've just uploaded version 0.4 which adds the ability to "flow" songs for logged in users.

cheers
Wow, great Add-on. Very glad I looked at this thread. Had been ignoring it since based on the title, thought it was UK only.

EDIT: Also thrilled to find out that it works with XBMC Commander on the iPad - showing the correct song playing with album art. Now I don't have to keep my TV on to see what's playing.
Hey,

Is there any chance this can be added to the unofficial repo installer? Looking forward to trying it out, the Feedback seems great Smile
Hi,

Firstly great to see a plugin for mflow. I have just put 0.4 onto my ATV2 that is not long JBd. I am getting an error:

Visualization: OpenGL Spectrum

Add-on could not be loaded.
An unknown error has occurred.

This happens after it has loaded the selections and I select a song to play.

Is this something that I am doing wrong or installing incorrectly? I have transferred it across to the ATV and selected to install a ZIP.

Also I can't find a way of editing the settings so that I can enter my username and password. I am probably being dumb and the settings are really obvious but I just can't seem to find them.

Cheers,

8bit
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Is there any chance this can be added to the unofficial repo installer? Looking forward to trying it out, the Feedback seems great Smile

Thanks Smile Yes, I'm planning to get a repo set up soon.
8bit Wrote:Hi,

Firstly great to see a plugin for mflow. I have just put 0.4 onto my ATV2 that is not long JBd. I am getting an error:

Visualization: OpenGL Spectrum

Add-on could not be loaded.
An unknown error has occurred.

This happens after it has loaded the selections and I select a song to play.

Is this something that I am doing wrong or installing incorrectly? I have transferred it across to the ATV and selected to install a ZIP.

Also I can't find a way of editing the settings so that I can enter my username and password. I am probably being dumb and the settings are really obvious but I just can't seem to find them.

Cheers,

8bit

Hi 8bit,

Thanks for your interest in the plugin!

The username & password settings are configurable via the addon settings menu, which can be accessed from the context menu with the mflow plugin selected, or via the system/addons/ section for the mflow plugin, if you go to "configure".

As far as the error goes, it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, but I'm afraid I can't tell you much more without a debug log
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84162

procrastinator has reported having the addon working on ATV earlier in the thread, so I don't think it can be a general issue with that platform. If he sees this, hopefully he might be able to chip in any suggestions...
Last time I checked it was still working for me on ATV2. I am might be using a different build of XBMC than 8bit though (my version is the last official release: 10.0-7 on iOS 4.2.1). None-the-less this bit is curious:
Quote:Visualization: OpenGL Spectrum
Music visualisations should be disabled on XBMC for iOS because iOS uses OpenGL ES rather than OpenGL. Maybe the error is to do with this??

P.S. more iOS specific info on getting your debug log available here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Proteusplum and procrastinator,

Guys thanks for your help. As you can probably tell I am a noob to XBMC. I have now found the settings for the plugin and learnt something new about XBMC at the same time.

It also looks like the visualisation error message was not connected to the plugin but due to the issue procrastinator mentioned. I have turned that off now and all is well.

I now look forward to having a good delve around the forums.
This addon is now available via mortstar's repo. Many thanks to him for hosting and setting this up. Revised install instructions are at the top of the thread.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] mFlow (UK free streaming music service/Spotify alternative)1