Need help with how to exit a frozen xbmc instance so it will write to the log.
I have a python plugin I am having issues with since updating. I am trying to get logs to the developer so he can help me but it seems that it stops writing to the log about the time the error happens.

I am running 10.1 live on a mag, I start the plugin and it begins to do its thing (populate channels), once getting to a certain spot it just stops any progress. the log file at that point shows it writes a footer then nothing till I press a button on the remote. I can click the cancel button on the plugin window, but once doing that I get no response from xbmc though I can still ctrl alt f2 and have tried both a sudo reboot and restart with hopes the data we need would be written to xbmc.old but so far it has not. I am pretty clueless when it comes to linux but I am a fast learner so I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction to correctly back out of this and get xbmc to continue to write debug data to the log so I can pass it along and get back to enjoying my media center and not cursing it.

Thanks in advance!
Bob
turn on debug logging in xbmc and you should be set. Should be under system--debug logging.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with how to exit a frozen xbmc instance so it will write to the log.0