Night 2.0 - Eden Development
mcborzu Wrote:Sorry busy pwning in call of duty, busy at work, managing 2-3 other skins really eats up the time...

One day/weekend soon I'm going to sit down finish up what I got and upload all my skins to the repo. Though the buggy Eden versions really have me contemplating going back to Dharma...

Exactly what i did went back to Dharma after playing with showmix just couldn't get my head around some of the bugs i was having with my Eden build drove me insane
Under both "Movies" and "TV Shows", there is a Files Menu. Here is the complete Source, as well as the return command.

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick>

Currently, I am working on a current bug I found in eden that I cannot go to the Albums menu after selecting an artist.

Using the Confluence Skin as a basis to fully update the night skin on my own machines. I will give some help as I go.

And NO, I am NOT taking over the skin. Just giving some assistance where possible.

My Branch (Trying to do some work for Eden)
https://github.com/IsamuDragon/skin.night
hth0923 Wrote:Hi Mcborzu

I have changed to other skins periodically since Night fontset's structure has been changed. Seriously, just feel not the same and not right. Finally I have changed the default skin back to Night again and give a try to amend the fontset manually.

I have noticed the care that you have put into the skin. You have categorised 8 of the fonts (~/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/fonts/) in font.xml file, and make it really easy to amend that will eventually suit for everyone.

For my case, I need to display simplified and traditional chinese in most of the Viewtype. Instead of change the font.xml, I just download and rename the arialuni.ttf to LiberationSans-Regular.ttf, then copy and overwrite at ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/fonts/. restart the xbmc. Hooray!!!! chinese characters back on!!!!

For anyone who has the similar situation as mine, just do the same as above, you will basically get any of the language works like charm!

Many thanks mcborzu LaughLaugh

Regards,
hth0923

nice! I was in your same situation but with Japanese, your solution worked great Smile
I don't know if you're taking feature requests at the moment, but I thought I'd ask!

I would love to see another skin utilize the disc.png feature of Transparency!'s Icon View its by far one of my favorite parts of that theme and yet no one else seems to be implementing it. would it be possible to get this feature in Night?

Thanks for all your hard work! Night is amazing, deffinetly my favorite Theme!
Does anyone know of a way to speed this skin up a little on atv2? General browsing is fairly quick, but when I access Movies or TV Shows via the Home Screen, it takes about 8-10 secs to load the next screen. Is this a bug, or mere limitations of the atv2 hardware? Any advise would be appreciated
I'm using the Nightly build from yesterday.

I can't find "Night" as an installable skin in the addons / skin section...

What am I doin' wrong?

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
ix400 Wrote:I'm using the Nightly build from yesterday.

I can't find "Night" as an installable skin in the addons / skin section...

What am I doin' wrong?

Chris

Nothing. Night is has not been submitted to the official repo. You must install it manually
Little question:

the bugs reports here, do we have to repost them in this topic?

By the way, waiting impatiently for night to be in the official repo Wink
hi Smile I am new in forum ,i read about this skin and I instaled but i dont have movie info like on this Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7oQova9cA ,do I have to import pictures and something like that to have movie info like that
Excellent skin!...thank you for your hard work!
Hi there,

I am new to this forum, and first-off, want to say that I am blown away by how awesome NIGHT was on my ATV2. It is by far, the most elegant and fastest running skin I have tested.

I do want to echo the question someone else asked a little bit earlier, i.e. whenever I load TV SHOWS or MOVIES from the main menu, the it takes about 10 seconds for the menu to load up. But when switching between menus in other screens, things are very fluid and there is no delay. Can someone please tell me whether this is a bug w/ ATV2 or is there a way I can fix this?

I would really really appreciate if someone (developer) can post a response. Thanks so much again for this great piece of work.

Rasi
I've got no text showing up at all on the XBMCSetup-20111002-43f00d2 nightly build (windows)

I have gone back a few nightly versions of xbmc, as a few other things have broken too with the night skin.

Edit: false alarm, todays nightly fixes the text problem.
Dumb question.. I just updated via GIT and was checking out some views.. I'm missing a lot of them (Landscape for example).. I'm still running an older version of XBMC (shows 10.0.0) but I can't imagine that is the issue.

I didn't disable those views either..

Thanks
tbird2340 Wrote:Dumb question.. I just updated via GIT and was checking out some views.. I'm missing a lot of them (Landscape for example).. I'm still running an older version of XBMC (shows 10.0.0) but I can't imagine that is the issue.

I didn't disable those views either..

Thanks

If you're running a Dharma version of XBMC then this Eden development skin won't work flawlessly. You'll need to upgrade to a nightly build.
Ok. Thanks much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night 2.0 - Eden Development0