[RELEASE] WhatTheMovie addon - guess movies by snapshots
mat____ Wrote:Looks great, but where is it? In the "XBMC.org Add-ons" repo inside xbmc I cant find this in any category. Could be just me, but which category should it show up in?
Thanks.

You can find it in "program add-ons" - but only if you are using xbmc Dharma!
If you use any nightly build you have to install it via zip file (see page1 for link).
We will add this later to the eden-pre addon repository.

regards
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
ah, thank you, that explains it. I am indeed running the lastet (ish) nightly build.
Zip file for me it is then. When it appears in the repo's will it update correctly?
mat____ Wrote:When it appears in the repo's will it update correctly?

Hi,

yes - if the repo has a newer version than your local xbmc, the addon will be marked as "update available" - no matter how you installed it.

We would be happy if you could give any nightly build related feedback if anything doesn't work as expected Smile

regards
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I am using the Dharma build and I went to the repo and installed WhatTheMovie. Tried it out and it looks great, very nice!

I then went to the web site and created an account. In the plugin, I entered my account & pw...then it worked for the 1st time I played after that. Since then, it throws an error immediately when I try to launch WhatTheMovie. I get the game screen and the spinning movie reel for about 10 seconds and then it throws up:

Login site unreachable
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Once I click OK, it throws me out of the game and back to the Program Addons menu.

If I go back to the config and disable the login account portion, I am able to get back into the game...it's only when I try to use a login account. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, no difference...same error every time.

Any ideas?
Elyl Wrote:Any ideas?

Hi,

thanks for your report. We need your xbmc logfile to see whats wrong in your case Smile
Would you please upload a xbmc log with this error to any upload service (like pastebin.com)?

thanks
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
sphere Wrote:Would you please upload a xbmc log with this error to any upload service (like pastebin.com)?

Done: http://pastebin.com/iJt4kUgS

I cleared the log, then loaded XBMC, tried to access WhatTheMovie with the login account enabled, got the error, then disabled the login account, got in successfully, then exited XBMC to keep the log file brief.

Note: I masked my WhatTheMovie login account with asterisks from the logfile before posting it on pastebin. Fyi, it's the same login name as my name here on this forum.
Elyl Wrote:Done: http://pastebin.com/iJt4kUgS

I cleared the log, then loaded XBMC, tried to access WhatTheMovie with the login account enabled, got the error, then disabled the login account, got in successfully, then exited XBMC to keep the log file brief

Thanks! Looks like you found a bug. I would be very happy if you could test this bugfix release: https://github.com/downloads/wtm4xbmc/sc...0.9.0b.zip
Please install it via zip file.

Btw. if you are interested in the error itself, here is the diff: https://github.com/dersphere/script.game...46a946807d

thanks for reporting!
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
sphere Wrote:Thanks! Looks like you found a bug. I would be very happy if you could test this bugfix release

Done. Fixed, everything appears to be good now.

LOL... re: bug being if you only had a single point, any other score would have missed it. heh...just glad it wasn't something I messed up in my config.

Thanks! :-)
Hi,

just wanted to announce that our addon is now also in the eden-pre addon repo.

Version 1.0.0 in eden-pre is the same version as 0.9.1 in dharma. The only differences are some addon-api regarding changes. You should receive an Update-available message or - if enabled - your installation will be updated automatically.

regards
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi,

we have a new version ready for testing.

The biggest change is background multithreaded shot scraping: The scraper-part of the add-on tries all the time providing at least three new shots. When you press the random button the gui gets instantly one of these pre-loaded shots.
In short: The game should be much more fast now and while normal-playing you should not be being interrupted by the loading animation Smile

Another big change is that you now can walk back ('back'-button) and forward ('random'-button) through the shots.

Perhaps you will also notice that you have two kinds of score, the first is the "feature films" score and the second one (in brackets) is the overall score.

I would be very happy if you could test the new version before it will be pushed to the official add-on repository - please provide feedback.

You can download the dharma version here:
https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s...dharma.zip

Here is the eden-pre (for xbmc nightly builds) version:
https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s...-eden2.zip

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
pre-eden link is dead
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:pre-eden link is dead

I fixed the link in the above post.

thanks for report Smile

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
two months later - any feedback regarding the multithreading beta version? ;-)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Just wanted to announce that the version 1.0.2 is now in the addon repository for eden.

Here is the Changelog:
  • Multithreading background scraping of shots
  • Now showing overall-score in addition to featurefilms-score
  • now going back and forward through already scraped shots with 'back' and 'random'
  • Code cleanups and improvements
  • Removed the need for mechanize-lib

regards
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I wanted to use your plugin but I only get a white screen (see screenshot). Do you know what could be wrong (using Eden RC2)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] WhatTheMovie addon - guess movies by snapshots2