• 86(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
A question I haven't been able to find the answer for:
What are the XBMC actions used for "pause" and "record" in the OSD for Live TV?
It works very well using constellation but I can't find the actions so that I can configure my "normal" remote. Wink
I'm using XBMC2 plugin for Eventghost btw.
jimbov Wrote:Hi to all of you! I'm new on the forum and I wish someone could help me with thi problem, cause I'm:confused2:!
I'm running the last version of constellation on my iPad and Eden beta 3 on my MacMini with Snow Leopard and everything works fine (the remote functions all work, I can see my entire library of video and music etc...) but there are two things i couldn't make work properly:
1) The json rpc connection switch continuosly from "Tunnel established" to "Failed to connect to port 9090" (obviously I had made forwarding of the 9090 and 9777 ports on both tcp/udp);
2) The upper side of Constellation keeps reporting "Nothing is Playing" even when a song or a movie are playing (and i click PLAY through Constellation)

If someone has an idea to help I'll be grateful 'cause I tried all that I could!!!

Edit: I've tried with my iphone and everything happens in the same way. Now I know there's something wrong on the macmini side (I should know this before!) but already i don't know WHAT!

Someone could help me? Pretty pleaseSmile

Edit: I've just solved this. The problem was the Logitech Squeezebox Server running, when I stopped it all went ok. Thank you all anyway!
Burbulence Wrote:I had a similar problem when the betas came out, they no longer need the database name in advancedsettings.xml, see the wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ng_up_XBMC

You need the JSON connection to get the movies to sync

i know i changed that a while back, sql shouldn't be the problem i think the mac has problems connecting to the samba... i got it working somewhat... as for the json connection i don't know why it's not connecting there's no firewall enabled on the xbmc end or on the router so i'm not sure what the problem could be
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
jimbov Wrote:Someone could help me? Pretty pleaseSmile

Edit: I've just solved this. The problem was the Logitech Squeezebox Server running, when I stopped it all went ok. Thank you all anyway!

Is the squeezebox server running on the same port?
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Yes it runs on port 9090.
gotoman00 Wrote:i know i changed that a while back, sql shouldn't be the problem i think the mac has problems connecting to the samba... i got it working somewhat... as for the json connection i don't know why it's not connecting there's no firewall enabled on the xbmc end or on the router so i'm not sure what the problem could be

If its crashing and then creating a new .db then it can't find your MySQL db... Are you using profiles at all with xbmc?

Is the advancedsettings.xml file exactly the same between all 3 installs?

Sorry to ask but is it in the right directory?

Burbulence Wrote:If its crashing and then creating a new .db then it can't find your MySQL db... Are you using profiles at all with xbmc?

Is the advancedsettings.xml file exactly the same between all 3 installs?

Sorry to ask but is it in the right directory?

no profiles with xbmc... it's slightly different on the pc with the sql server the ip is 127.0.0.1, and i have library clean on update and 50 in recently added on that machine too, but it's the same as the one on another machine on my network which works fine and also it seems to load the database fine, THEN crashes and when i reboot it recreates the db files... it's in the userdata folder
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
gotoman00 Wrote:no profiles with xbmc... it's slightly different on the pc with the sql server the ip is 127.0.0.1, and i have library clean on update and 50 in recently added on that machine too, but it's the same as the one on another machine on my network which works fine and also it seems to load the database fine, THEN crashes and when i reboot it recreates the db files... it's in the userdata folder

Without sounding like I'm trying to palm you off, we are going a off topic here... Can I suggest posting a separate thread, about your MySQL issues with that machine, and post a log file with it... Have a look through your log file for also for when xbmc reads the library for any errors and also when it crashes, that will give you a better idea why it's crashing

I can't seem to get this to pull pvr channels. They work fine in xbmc, but they do not show on Constellation, just has a blank on the left and on the right says "Preparing data"

Can I get a heads up on what to check?
When is a new version released? Smile
I'm having the same problem xbmc beta3 with constallation of iPad and iPhone getting the following error JSON RPC failed to connect to port 9090 ?
Any ideas?
Hi,

i installed xbmc constelation fresh from the appstore and connected via auto-discovery.

listening to music via the file browser works, but when i click for example on albums it says "no albums found". Same when i klick on artists or movies.

i also use the afficial android remote app, and these problems dont exist there.

any ideas how i can get this running in constellation?

thanks

markus
hi,

I m new to the app. I love it except i would like to be able to play a whole season of a tv show as a play list without having to individually add the episodes to the play list.

Is this possible now or in the near future

Thank You
First off...I absolutely love this app on my iPad. Works almost flawlessly and is quite stunning.

I am having one issue with Movie Sets. I scrape all of my movies in XBMC using the TMdB scraper. Problem is that this scraper automatically adds movies to a set as defined by TMdB. For example, Iron Man is placed in an Avengers set. I have noticed in Constellation if a movie has a "set" entry in the NFO and there is not a second movie in that set, the movie does not show in the Movies section (oddly it does show in the recently added row on the home screen.

The obvious solution is to edit the NFO and completely remove the set entry (just making blank does not work). Has anyone found any other workarounds for this?

Are there plans to fix this in the future? I know XBMC only puts movies in a set if there is more than one movie from the set in the library. It would be nice if Constellation worked this way as well.
I still have no epg data, but I do have two more observations.

1. I noticed if I click the "thumbnail" view it does list my stations. Which led to my second observation.
2. I did not do logos as of my last update, so the tiles say the station name, no picture. Maybe this is causing my problem?

I have, since last update cleared the apps cache and database. I closed it out and killed off, and reopened the app to the same results. To recap: that is no station listed on the default view and no epg data, just a thing that says it is loading.

Thanks!
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5