• 87(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Love the app. This probably has a simple answer but I can't figure it out or find the answer: How do you pull up a sub menu? I can't get to the menu tha let's me set content or delete a source from the movie list.
Thanks
oneadvent Wrote:I can't seem to get this to pull pvr channels. They work fine in xbmc, but they do not show on Constellation, just has a blank on the left and on the right says "Preparing data"

Can I get a heads up on what to check?
TO get the pvr working you need:
XBMC-PVR > PPA 60
the epg and channel data stored in a sqllitedb (epgx.db and tvx.db in XBMC/Databeses folder)
If you have problems try to delete those files and restart xbmc and after a while connect the app to XBMC

rasmuskarlsen Wrote:When is a new version released? Smile
RC version is hitting testers today... If all goes well we will submit it to appstore on friday

wiggy Wrote:I'm having the same problem xbmc beta3 with constallation of iPad and iPhone getting the following error JSON RPC failed to connect to port 9090 ?
Any ideas?

try to connect using telnet or putty to port 9090 from your PC... check if you have this port open on your firewall (PC/Router)

markus hansen Wrote:Hi,

i installed xbmc constelation fresh from the appstore and connected via auto-discovery.

listening to music via the file browser works, but when i click for example on albums it says "no albums found". Same when i klick on artists or movies.

i also use the afficial android remote app, and these problems dont exist there.

any ideas how i can get this running in constellation?

thanks

markus
Of course you have Library mode enable in XBMC ?

yosemitesam Wrote:hi,

I m new to the app. I love it except i would like to be able to play a whole season of a tv show as a play list without having to individually add the episodes to the play list.

Is this possible now or in the near future

Thank You
Well theres no way for now but we can add that for sure. You can play the next episode of your tvshow just by entering it and clicking play Or swiping UP on the fanart....

VMCosco Wrote:First off...I absolutely love this app on my iPad. Works almost flawlessly and is quite stunning.

I am having one issue with Movie Sets. I scrape all of my movies in XBMC using the TMdB scraper. Problem is that this scraper automatically adds movies to a set as defined by TMdB. For example, Iron Man is placed in an Avengers set. I have noticed in Constellation if a movie has a "set" entry in the NFO and there is not a second movie in that set, the movie does not show in the Movies section (oddly it does show in the recently added row on the home screen.

The obvious solution is to edit the NFO and completely remove the set entry (just making blank does not work). Has anyone found any other workarounds for this?

Are there plans to fix this in the future? I know XBMC only puts movies in a set if there is more than one movie from the set in the library. It would be nice if Constellation worked this way as well.
This should work I will check it in a while... As Movie sets are fully supported on the iPad and in the new iPhone app

cank Wrote:Love the app. This probably has a simple answer but I can't figure it out or find the answer: How do you pull up a sub menu? I can't get to the menu tha let's me set content or delete a source from the movie list.
Thanks
If you use gesture zone just hold your finger for 2s and you will get the context menu

Sorry for the delay on this version but we are working on a android phone and Android Tablet / BB Playbook @ the same time Smile
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
I've started experiencing the missing movies issue... The movies appear fine in XBMC Commander which leads me to believe this is an App issue.

Some examples of the movies include:

Puss in Boots
Johnny English Reborn
The Boondock Saints

Funny thing is these movies show up in the recently added section, just not in the main movie section.

It's a big problem and I'll be forced to move back to Commander until this is fixed.

Mark
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

Quite possibly the best app I have bought for my iPad so far!! Just wondering if we could get a sneek peek at the new version?
Can I be a tester for the android version?

I am on transformer prime.
First off, I wanted to apologize for disappearing a lot longer than expected (I think it was Feb. 9 that I said 'a day or two') but for those that showed concern, my health is doing a bit better for a change. Secondly, I wanted to thank Burb (again) for picking up the slack while I was recovering.

Now, back to my 'normal' tech support duties: Laugh

markswift Wrote:I've started experiencing the missing movies issue... The movies appear fine in XBMC Commander which leads me to believe this is an App issue.
Some examples of the movies include:
[...]
Funny thing is these movies show up in the recently added section, just not in the main movie section.
It's a big problem and I'll be forced to move back to Commander until this is fixed.
Mark
There could be a few explanations for this... Are you using the iPhone or iPad version?
If you're using Eden (Beta 2) please check that the 'missing' movies didn't somehow get put inside a movie set (also in Beta 3 if you turned that new option on). If you've checked your movie sets and still can't find the movies, try touching the 'filter/sort' button and select "Recent" or "Newest" (don't remember what's it's called off the top of my head) and see if they appear at the top or bottom of the list.

If the above doesn't work at all, please go into the Settings and remove the database in Constellation, close the app and re-open it so it grabs the library fresh and I hope that works. If not, please PM me with more details about your devices/network and I'll see what I can figure out.

Deano316 Wrote:Quite possibly the best app I have bought for my iPad so far!! Just wondering if we could get a sneek peek at the new version?
I know you're mentioning the iPad version specifically, but as of the Version 2 betas, the testers have been asked to not really show too much of the upcoming things (mainly in reference to the iPhone overhaul). I can say that the current version (2.0.1.2) has some very welcomed changes/fixes/additions on the iPad and as stated above, the iPhone version has changed a lot.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Can somebody help me with windows 7 and keybaord commands.
I had create keyboard.xml and it function with other remote apps like Commander.
When i create a key in the menu standard key Z "zoom" then nothing happend.
I also create AudioNextLaunuage for change the audio stream but also nothing happend. It works with an Apple TV but not with windows 7...........Why other apps send and receive good and constellation not!

What can be the problem.

Thx
Archigos Wrote:First off, I wanted to apologize for disappearing a lot longer than expected (I think it was Feb. 9 that I said 'a day or two') but for those that showed concern, my health is doing a bit better for a change. Secondly, I wanted to thank Burb (again) for picking up the slack while I was recovering.

Now, back to my 'normal' tech support duties: Laugh

There could be a few explanations for this... Are you using the iPhone or iPad version?
If you're using Eden (Beta 2) please check that the 'missing' movies didn't somehow get put inside a movie set (also in Beta 3 if you turned that new option on). If you've checked your movie sets and still can't find the movies, try touching the 'filter/sort' button and select "Recent" or "Newest" (don't remember what's it's called off the top of my head) and see if they appear at the top or bottom of the list.

If the above doesn't work at all, please go into the Settings and remove the database in Constellation, close the app and re-open it so it grabs the library fresh and I hope that works. If not, please PM me with more details about your devices/network and I'll see what I can figure out.

I know you're mentioning the iPad version specifically, but as of the Version 2 betas, the testers have been asked to not really show too much of the upcoming things (mainly in reference to the iPhone overhaul). I can say that the current version (2.0.1.2) has some very welcomed changes/fixes/additions on the iPad and as stated above, the iPhone version has changed a lot.

Had already tried all of the above... With the exception of selecting sort by "Recently", when this is selected they show up! Shame when I change it back to label they vanish again!

I have a question about Constellation handling playlists :
I just cannot figure out how to play a playlist. I mean, it sounds trivial, but I can only open the playlist and select a single track to be played from it, but not the playlist itself to be played.
The playlists appear in files/playlists/music/... and when I select one it just opens and displays the containing songs, but how tf can I play that playlist as whole ?
Sorry for such a simple question, I´m sure i overlooked some tiny button somewhere or something, but please help.
All in all Constellation is great and I´m really thinking about buying pro, but it all depends on this playlist issue, as this is my only complaint about Constellation Tongue

greetings
thoros
markswift Wrote:Had already tried all of the above... With the exception of selecting sort by "Recently", when this is selected they show up! Shame when I change it back to label they vanish again!
I haven't experienced this issue myself, but I think I remember someone talking about it a few pages back and someone else asked if the 'missing' movies had an nfo or were just scraped by XBMC (normal scraper). I think the end result was the person removed the movie in XBMC, made sure a valid (or newer) nfo was available/created, rescraped in XBMC and it was fine in Constellation on the next sync.

thoros Wrote:I have a question about Constellation handling playlists :
I just cannot figure out how to play a playlist. I mean, it sounds trivial, but I can only open the playlist and select a single track to be played from it, but not the playlist itself to be played.
The playlists appear in files/playlists/music/... and when I select one it just opens and displays the containing songs, but how tf can I play that playlist as whole ?
Sorry for such a simple question, I´m sure i overlooked some tiny button somewhere or something, but please help.
All in all Constellation is great and I´m really thinking about buying pro, but it all depends on this playlist issue, as this is my only complaint about Constellation Tongue

greetings
thoros
When you go into the "Files" section, you're essentially doing single files (audio, video, or image) which is why it doesn't automatically continue the playlist. I admit I don't use XBMC much for music, so I just created two new smart playlists to test this and you're right, there doesn't appear to be an easy way currently for full playlist playing (at least that I found) but as a temporary solution is when you're in the view you mention above, you can press the play button on the first song in your list and queue up the other songs by pressing on their name and touching the button next to play (the plus sign with lines). I know it's not ideal since you have to select each song you want. I know everyone's listening habits are different, but you can utilize the party mode rather easy in Constellation by touching "Playlist" instead of "Files" and then touch "Party" at the bottom to auto-start a random selection (again, I know it's not what you asked for, but just pointing it out if you didn't notice before).

I'm kind of glad the playlist issue was brought up now since we're still going through this round of beta testing and it allows the possibility of the feature being added sooner. I just submitted a feature request to the developers while writing this post, but please don't take this comment as a guarantee it'll be in the next version as it might take some time, especially with them being as busy as they are.

@Everyone:
As I've said before, I have no problems with users sending me messages for support on Constellation, but please use the normal PM system on the forums and not 'via email'. Also, please note that if I get multiple people asking essentially the same thing, I may comment directly in the forum or add the question(s) to the FAQS section for Constellation on the Wiki in my signature (I'll obviously withhold personal details) for everyone's benefit.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I use the built in scraper so this really isn't a solution for me... XBMC Commander works so this must be a bug.

Archigos Wrote:I haven't experienced this issue myself, but I think I remember someone talking about it a few pages back and someone else asked if the 'missing' movies had an nfo or were just scraped by XBMC (normal scraper). I think the end result was the person removed the movie in XBMC, made sure a valid (or newer) nfo was available/created, rescraped in XBMC and it was fine in Constellation on the next sync.

When you go into the "Files" section, you're essentially doing single files (audio, video, or image) which is why it doesn't automatically continue the playlist. I admit I don't use XBMC much for music, so I just created two new smart playlists to test this and you're right, there doesn't appear to be an easy way currently for full playlist playing (at least that I found) but as a temporary solution is when you're in the view you mention above, you can press the play button on the first song in your list and queue up the other songs by pressing on their name and touching the button next to play (the plus sign with lines). I know it's not ideal since you have to select each song you want. I know everyone's listening habits are different, but you can utilize the party mode rather easy in Constellation by touching "Playlist" instead of "Files" and then touch "Party" at the bottom to auto-start a random selection (again, I know it's not what you asked for, but just pointing it out if you didn't notice before).

I'm kind of glad the playlist issue was brought up now since we're still going through this round of beta testing and it allows the possibility of the feature being added sooner. I just submitted a feature request to the developers while writing this post, but please don't take this comment as a guarantee it'll be in the next version as it might take some time, especially with them being as busy as they are.

@Everyone:
As I've said before, I have no problems with users sending me messages for support on Constellation, but please use the normal PM system on the forums and not 'via email'. Also, please note that if I get multiple people asking essentially the same thing, I may comment directly in the forum or add the question(s) to the FAQS section for Constellation on the Wiki in my signature (I'll obviously withhold personal details) for everyone's benefit.

markswift Wrote:I use the built in scraper so this really isn't a solution for me... XBMC Commander works so this must be a bug.

Which one? Default moviedb? Or do you change to imdb?

Moviedb automatically puts movies in to sets when scraping.

Is it doing it with all new movies or just certain ones? If its all, did the issue start from a certain point? Ie upgrading to beta1 2 or 3?
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Hello, first off I'd like to say I love the XBMC software. I've paid for many other media libraries and this is the only one that cut it (plus it's free!)

I downloaded Constellation the other day and I'm completely stumped as to getting it to work.

My Constellation version is 1.9.1 on the iPhone 4S version 5.0.1
My XBMC is version 10.1 with the Aeon Nox skin
My HTPC is a Windows 7 PC
My router is a Linksys E3000 with firmware version 1.0.01

On XBMC I've enabled control through HTTP
-Port: 8080
-Username: xbmc
-password: none
I've allowed both programs on this system and other systems to control XBMC.

On Constellation my settings are matching.
The Host is my HTPC IP address, which is 192.168.1.50
Port: 8080
Username: xbmc
Password: none
Event Server: on

In Linksys I've disabled it's firewall and forwarded ports 8080, 9090, and 9777 for the HTPC IP.

I've disabled my Windows Firewall and turned off all of it's rules for good measure.
I've disabled firewall/antivirus from Iobit and turned off all of their rules.
I also turned off UAC.

When I use a web browser to access http://192.168.1.50:8080 on my HTPC it works fine and connects to XBMC.

If I do the same on my iPhone, or even my iPad, the server times out.
When I try and use the Test button on Constellation, I get the following error

"ErrorSad - Please check your IP/host settings. If those are correct, check if the XBMC interface is up and running by opening it's web page in the browser http://192.168.1.50:8080"

I'm completely stumped, I feel like I've tried everything, I'm not sure what else I could tweak. It's as if something on my HTPC is blocking incoming connections, but I have no idea what it could be.

If anybody could help me out, you'd be my hero!
@Colemanimation
A few suggestions:
I would recommend setting a password for XBMC anyway (do NOT use any special characters). Example, use 'xbmc' for both username and password.
I'm not sure if you turned off all the security just for testing, but if you did it because you're not worried about that system, than change the port forwarding in your Linksys router (turn off forwarding for those ports and just set the IP address of the HTPC system as your "DMZ"). If you plan on turning back on the firewall, anti-virus, etc (which is recommended) you may not want to go the DMZ route.
Although it shouldn't be an issue, you could upgrade to Beta 3 of "Eden" (version 11) which contains a new API and many new features. (Dharma {10.1} and Eden {11} use different forms of communication with external remotes, etc.)

I can probably come up with a few more ideas/suggestions shortly, but I just noticed the time and have to be to the doctors in 10 minutes, so I'll post again a little later with more info if needed.
Thanks for the response.

Both the password change and adding my HTPC to the DMZ unfortunately had no effect.
I do plan on putting my security back up once I can get it working, I just can't seem to figure out why it's not working even though it's completely off.

The computer I'm using is a Asus EP121, and it's network adapter occasionally disconnects from the router, but not very often. I don't seem to have difficulty connecting my Xbox360 to Windows Media Center on my HTPC. I don't know if this information helps or not.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5