• 110(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-05-08, 11:41)amand Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 22:30)thebodster Wrote: +1 for nightlies support....

HTTP Connection fine, but no RPC

Again, the remote works ok, just nothing else.

Same here though it was working with the beta3 version of xbmc... (ipad version 2.2.1)
It's a very great app, i hope it will work again soon !

JSON works with Eden final release. There must be some new changes to the protocol with the nightlies which the guys at FSS havent changed in constellation, knowing what it was like for the nightlies in the run up to Eden the devs were great at providing nightly build support so they may do that again for the v12 nightlies, who knows!

(2012-05-08, 18:59)rskadk Wrote: I can't get Wake On Lan to work anymore.. This worked perfect for about 1 month ago. I can't tell if it's Constellations which fails, or the new XBMC? (I have been running eden pre. releases for almost ½ year). So i suspect Constellation for not waking my computer anymore :/

I have had endless trouble with wake on LAN with my pc running win xp, and in contrast no problems with it on my laptop running vista, I'm using Eden final release and v 2.2.1 constellation, my best guess would be like Peter1987 suggested, a setting you changed, or a driver update?

Quote:Question of my own
I've set up my WOL, I wanted to know if i can trigger (start XBMC) with the constellation app? Is there some kind of plugin which lets me start my XBMC from Windows 7? I dont like to install another app to start XBMC from my ipad 2...

Thanks in advance

Someone asked this exact question the page before this, and another ask back some time... I know the devs are looking to add this in a future release, but it's low on the priority list.

I don't know if it would be possible to make a hack job if you are desparate using constellations custom commands to send a trigger to your comp to run a script to start xbmc... Absolutely no idea if it's possible to do it that way! Confused
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
First of all, love the app mate, you've done very well!

So I updated to the latest version when it came out the other day. I was hoping to get thumbnail and description for YouTube videos in the video playlist. I did read that this would be fixed in the latest version and just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong?
Love Constellation, purchased it after barely a day and have been using the ipad version for at least half a year by now.

I only just got around to trying it on my iPhone (4S), and I'm having a pretty nasty problem that I'm not sure how to fix.

I connect just fine, browse my library, thumbnails work etc.. but once I start playing something, the app becomes unresponsive for ~5 seconds, then crashes.
Restarting the app shows the UI for a couple of seconds, where it tries to browse somewhere, then it crashes instantly.
In fact, any attempt to start the app while a TV Show is playing will crash the app. Once playback is over, the app can start fine again.
In the meantime, the ipad just works without issue.

I'm using v. 2.2.1, connecting to an XBMC Dharma installation on a Win7 box (think it's a 10.1).

Any help in resolving the issue would be appreciated.
Rainbow 
I cannot wait for the Android version of this app. I don't have an iPad but I have been admiring this app for some time.

Just wanted to let you know we (Android community) are excited about it coming out! Smile
(2012-05-08, 23:28)Burbulence Wrote: JSON works with Eden final release. There must be some new changes to the protocol with the nightlies which the guys at FSS havent changed in constellation, knowing what it was like for the nightlies in the run up to Eden the devs were great at providing nightly build support so they may do that again for the v12 nightlies, who knows!

Yes... I mentioned earlier (somewhere) in this thread that I believe it's due to this ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e65c...443a3312ce ) 'tightening' in the XBMC side...
(2012-05-05, 02:22)kobaturtle Wrote: Hi,

I just updated to the release (2.2.1). Unfortunatly, it's still very choppy on Ipad3. I don't see any improvment I flushed Image cache and DB but same problem.
The weird thing is that when I select a movie or a TV Show, the right menu is perfect, except when I scroll wehre the blue halo is around the selected movie/TV Show...Choppy at this moment and then fluid again right after.
Any idea?

Thanks!

(2012-05-05, 12:44)Pino72 Wrote: Same for me......even sloppier than before on New iPad! Strange.

(2012-05-06, 11:55)Ablerc Wrote: Upgraded to the new version and finally EPG data is shown for live tv, thanks!
Less happy about scrolling in the new version, this was fine but has now become choppy. I have the new iPad...

Hi, Any news about this?
Is there any user with New Ipad and no scrolling issue around here?

Thanks!
Friends, let me out a doubt I bought the app for iphone and now installed the iphone version of it put this advertising how do I withdraw?

remove!!!
I've been testing your application and is wonderful. But I could still improve a little more and I have some suggestions:

- Support profiles like the start profile menu
- Support for xbmc add-ons (to handle torrent,couchpotato, zoneminder and more)
- Streaming to tablet
- Handle different xbmc players to choose which device want to play (similar to airplay)
- More languages (this forum can help you to translate)

and I have other suggestions of lesser significance but that would make this application the best I've seen

- Stop and start from the power icon with suspend/WOL.
- Ability to synchronize files, folders of photos
- Porting Android application (such as development go?)

I know some points (1,2) depend on the JSON API, but you are doing such a great job, they should contact the XBMC developers to prepare these features.

I dream of being able to connect through VPN to my home and be able to straming my tablet. I dream to handle downloads from my tablet even be able to handle a home automation directly this interface with an xbmc add-on and choose which device I want to play.

Now I want to explain why plex is not a solution for me and for many people:

- Have 2 systems is non-viable( XBMC can be synchronized with MYSQL)

- Plex does not provide TV tunner support and xbmc add-ons.

- The appearance is ugly, and not have this great community and its support.

- Plex is not feasible using only to have streaming on mobile devices.

Thank you for your understanding.I hope my suggestions are taken consideration.I want to help with my comments to create the perfect solution.

I know that some solutions maybe not be feasible, but take into account their suggestions with xbmc developers for this application is the envy of all similar applications.Would be willing to pay significantly more than it's cost now if they add these functions and port the aplication to android for more users to enjoy their application.

Regards.
Thanks for the list of suggestions, I figured I'd just go over a few of the points:
- Support profiles like the start profile menu Not sure when/if this is possible, but I think it was mentioned that it would be 'looked into'.
- Support for xbmc add-ons (to handle torrent,couchpotato, zoneminder and more) Staight 'add-on' support isn't supported on XBMC's end. But there are some surprises coming soon... shhh... Smile
- Streaming to tablet This has been talked about numerous times. (See more below)
- Handle different xbmc players to choose which device want to play (similar to airplay) I assume you mean when you select to play something you are asked at that point to select a system (if more than one available) as opposed to selecting the host system the way it is now? Sounds like an interesting idea (not sure how many people would like/use it and I can picture many users annoyed if it did have a way to turn off that feature)
- More languages (this forum can help you to translate) I'm not sure of the progression for this, but for users that think they can help with translations, please PM me with the language(s) you can help with.
- Stop and start from the power icon with suspend/WOL. Start and Stop? You mean launching and quiting XBMC? If so, this has been talked about as well.
- Ability to synchronize files, folders of photos Without Plex type streaming, this is kind of useless.
- Porting Android application (such as development go?) This is being ported to Android and that has been mentioned multiple times as well.
I know some points (1,2) depend on the JSON API, but you are doing such a great job, they should contact the XBMC developers to prepare these features. You're correct, JSON does limit some of the things mentioned and Yes, Dawid (and possibly others) from FSS have been in contact with the XBMC developers and Dawid personally has submitted patches that have been pushed into XBMC's PVR Branch (not sure of other branches).
I dream of being able to connect through VPN to my home and be able to straming my tablet. I dream to handle downloads from my tablet even be able to handle a home automation directly this interface with an xbmc add-on and choose which device I want to play. Minus Home Automation, I'm able to do all that via my iPad... just not with XBMC related software. (I don't have any home automation)

Now I want to explain why plex is not a solution for me and for many people:
- Have 2 systems is non-viable( XBMC can be synchronized with MYSQL)
- Plex does not provide TV tunner support and xbmc add-ons.
- The appearance is ugly, and not have this great community and its support.
- Plex is not feasible using only to have streaming on mobile devices.
Thank you for your understanding.I hope my suggestions are taken consideration.

I have 3 systems (two synced, one controlled by a moron/roommate) and yes, Plex does NOT sync to XBMC, but it's not 'that' big a deal, for me at least.
Point 2: Correct, but Plex does have add-on support of it's own and I don't really notice anything 'missing', however I don't use it as often as I do XBMC.
I can't comment directly on the official Plex app for iOS, but "Plex Constellation" mirrors the 'look/feel' of "XBMC Constellation" that we all know and love since it's created by the same team.
How is it 'not feasible' to run one small server app to stream to all your mobile devices? I'm sure many people on these forums use iOS apps (and Android ones) that require you to install some kind of desktop app to use. Hell, on my main HTPC Server I have like 4 or 5 different programs that are installed dedicated for apps on my iOS apps.

I know that some solutions maybe not be feasible, but take into account their suggestions with xbmc developers for this application is the envy of all similar applications.Would be willing to pay significantly more than it's cost now if they add these functions and port the aplication to android for more users to enjoy their application.
A lot of these are great suggestions and I know at least a few of them are already being looked into or considered. There's currently some potential upcoming features that I think a lot of users will be very pleased with, but they are currently being held under wraps (in case there are technical issues or with Apple). Again I wanted to point out that an Android version is in development as well.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Not sure what you're smoking but some of those aren't even the realm of what XBMC has currently. Like streaming.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
thanks for your response and your patience.

some points I have appointed, it was because would know if they had in mind for the future.

The issue of the addons, I noticed that XBMC are in the process to better adapt, however, I will cooperate and make the proposal for the team to take care. My idea is to develop an add-on to control home automation, and handle addons, have it all on the same interface.

Regarding the port of android, I know they are in it but had asked to know more or less the lead conversion process. I have an ipad, but for all members of my household can handle various home automation equipment and XBMC, I can not afford to buy several ipads, but for the same price of 1 ipad i can buy 2 android tablets.

With regard to streaming, is a very interesting function that I see(GSOC proposal for 2012 ), just like you can control multiple XBMC host (Here is the proposal from other user)

(2012-05-12, 01:08)Archigos Wrote: I assume you mean when you select to play something you are asked at that point to select a system (if more than one available) as opposed to selecting the host system the way it is now? Sounds like an interesting idea (not sure how many people would like/use it and I can picture many users annoyed if it did have a way to turn off that feature)

The idea is that detects multiple hosts xbmc, label it so you can select the device to play and would not have to change the connection each time you change the device and be more intuitive. Users who have only one host would have no confusion. Having several TV is normal today. Why not several XBMC?

the concept is this:
in the minute 1:50, is seen as provides a button for each room to play.

Another idea I have is that it could activate an edit mode in options (like xbmc) to edit and remove movies. The appearance could be compared to the native iPad, that hold a file,the interface moves and you can select which files to delete. The idea is that the tablet Can perform most tasks and does not require any maintenance,it is so easy to use that even my grandfather can handle.

Thanks for listening, I like his way of doing things. Regarding the translation,I can help them selflessly. I know Spanish and understand English well, so we would be happy to help with translation. You know that older people do not get along with languages ​​and I want anyone to use.

Regards
(2012-05-12, 03:05)darkscout Wrote: Not sure what you're smoking but some of those aren't even the realm of what XBMC has currently. Like streaming.
Me? or Sanfe? Either way, without some more description to your post it was kind of worthless.

(2012-05-12, 03:29)Sanfe Wrote: The issue of the addons, I noticed that XBMC are in the process to better adapt, however, I will cooperate and make the proposal for the team to take care. My idea is to develop an add-on to control home automation, and handle addons, have it all on the same interface.
The addon support that Team XBMC is putting into the Frodo JSON (Post-Eden Nightlies) is being watched so that better integration/control can possibly be done in the future, but it's currently in a state that doesn't allow for much different that what is already provided. As far as the home automation, that's probably best suited as being a 'normal' XBMC addon, which at this time would handle the same way as others. XBMC Constellation is and always will be at it's core a "Remote Control for XBMC" and although some potential new features could be coming to 'enhance' that, it doesn't seem to fit adding home automation controls directly into the app itself since both iOS and Android have dedicated apps for that purpose. (Again, if someone created an addon for XBMC it could be used similar to other addons)

Quote:Regarding the port of android, I know they are in it but had asked to know more or less the lead conversion process. I have an ipad, but for all members of my household can handle various home automation equipment and XBMC, I can not afford to buy several ipads, but for the same price of 1 ipad i can buy 2 android tablets.
I fully understand the financial issues with multiple devices (I've been out of work and on disability for just over 5 years now), but sadly my knowledge of the Android status is limited to "they are still 'working' on it as far as I know". Thruthfully, I don't own any Android devices so I haven't bothered to ask any details on the progress for it.

Quote:With regard to streaming, is a very interesting function that I see(GSOC proposal for 2012 ), just like you can control multiple XBMC host (Here is the proposal from other user)
The streaming part has to wait until new(er) features are added on XBMC's end of things before they can be used by anybody. The multi-system control is interesting. No idea if this idea has caught the developers eyes yet or how high on the priority list it would be since they already have the ability to use multiple systems (one at a time) so they'd probably want to iron out bugs or have other things to add/remove before they started working on that (that's only my guess/opinion).

Quote:Another idea I have is that it could activate an edit mode in options (like xbmc) to edit and remove movies. The appearance could be compared to the native iPad, that hold a file,the interface moves and you can select which files to delete. The idea is that the tablet Can perform most tasks and does not require any maintenance,it is so easy to use that even my grandfather can handle.
There's a lot of back-end work to this idea. First off, all of this would have to be supported by JSON... I know the Web-Interface Addon "XWMM" allows you to modify meta data (for audio and video) so at least some of the ability is already there. If I remember correct XWMM doesn't allow you to outright delete something from XBMC database (not sure if it's a limitation or a development choice).

Quote:Thanks for listening, I like his way of doing things. Regarding the translation,I can help them selflessly. I know Spanish and understand English well, so we would be happy to help with translation. You know that older people do not get along with languages ​​and I want anyone to use.

Regards
I responded briefly to your PM in regards to the translations... Anyone that can help with something other than English, Spanish, Polish... PM me if you're interested in helping.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-05-13, 00:35)Archigos Wrote: The addon support that Team XBMC is putting into the Frodo JSON (Post-Eden Nightlies) is being watched so that better integration/control can possibly be done in the future, but it's currently in a state that doesn't allow for much different that what is already provided. As far as the home automation, that's probably best suited as being a 'normal' XBMC addon, which at this time would handle the same way as others. XBMC Constellation is and always will be at it's core a "Remote Control for XBMC" and although some potential new features could be coming to 'enhance' that, it doesn't seem to fit adding home automation controls directly into the app itself since both iOS and Android have dedicated apps for that purpose. (Again, if someone created an addon for XBMC it could be used similar to other addons)

Yes, my idea it's to develop a home automation xbmc add-on to make this and put right to the comunity. there are the reason that i'm question from the support of xbmc-addons inside your app and and can be put without your intervention. Would be great to add xbmc add-ons to the sidebar, as this could put more icons with more functions .for this time, this feature to open add-ons to third party apps are in the hand of the xbmc developers, but i'm trust that there are working on it, and can see the add-ons in the ipad like the tv screen.

Quote:I fully understand the financial issues with multiple devices (I've been out of work and on disability for just over 5 years now), but sadly my knowledge of the Android status is limited to "they are still 'working' on it as far as I know". Thruthfully, I don't own any Android devices so I haven't bothered to ask any details on the progress for it.

Yes, not worry. I'm imaginated that the constellation team are expert in develop ios apps and there are learn more to port the application to android or is the first app that make in that os. The best work, is the work well done. Its good to know that you planned to end the port. this piece of software is too good to be alone in ios and thus sell more and reach more users.

Cheers
I've purchased the 'Universal' version of this app, so I have it on both my iPhone and iPad. Version 2.2.1. For the most part, it works great on both devices. The issue I'm currently having is with the "remote" control on the iPad version (accessed by selecting "remote" from the sidepanel menu).

On the iPad, the navigation buttons (on the right side when you select remote, opposite the volume knob), which should move things left/right/up/down, don't work. On the iPhone, using the exact same settings and connected to the exact same XBMC server, it works great (I access the iPhone remote by turning my iPhone sideways). I noticed when I'm in a 'text entry' screen, pressing the up/down/left/right buttons on the ipad are selecting %,&,', and (, whereas the Iphone buttons will actually move the cursor; so I'm guessing the iPad version's controls aren't mapped correctly, but I have no idea why it would be different, or how to correct it? I'm on XBMC (openelec) V11.0. Do the remote navigation controls work on the ipad for anybody else? Anybody have any ideas what the discrepancy might be between my iPhone and iPad?
I managed to figure out a workaround myself, if anyone else has this issue. I just dropped this into my custom keyboard.xml file in the userdata/keymaps folder:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<quote>Right</quote>
<percent>Left</percent>
<ampersand>Up</ampersand>
<leftbracket>Down</leftbracket>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help