• 126(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-08-28, 18:11)FSS_Dawid Wrote: 3) We will be extending the tract.tv api in v2.8.3 the version we currently working on

This is great to hear. Look into "2nd screen" app for some ideas (and of course my feature request list). "2nd screen" has their act pretty much together.

(2012-08-28, 18:11)FSS_Dawid Wrote: well for us only this counts Smile The only thing keeping us going with this project are the people on this forum and the grate reviews Smile

This is great - indeed amazing work!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-08-28, 21:31)FSS_Dawid Wrote: This will be Fixed in v2.8.2. Version 2.8.2 was submitted a couple of days ago to AppStore

Thx

Will there be an nzb search part in constrllation too soon? It would rock.. So you can search nzb, get them to sabnzbd, then launch xbmc and of you go
(2012-08-22, 20:57)opeters Wrote: Hi,

Nice to see all those useful new functions! Thanks.
I tested some yesterday but couldn't get SABnzbd to work. Could it be that it is not compatible with SABnzbd version 0.7.3? I could get the API key via your app but the test fails. Also noticed that another APP “myNZB” didn’t work either whit this version.
Also strange that there is nothing in the SABnzbd log file!

I use it with SABnzbd 0.7.3 are you sure you have the api enabled? screen Shot

API is enabled and I changed portnumbers etc. I did not try to switch of ssl access. If that does not work I will install a sniffer and see if there is any traffic comming from the iPAD.

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2012-08-29, 14:57)opeters Wrote: API is enabled and I changed portnumbers etc. I did not try to switch of ssl access. If that does not work I will install a sniffer and see if there is any traffic comming from the iPAD.

Firewall ?

Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
(2012-08-29, 15:15)FSS_Dawid Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 14:57)opeters Wrote: API is enabled and I changed portnumbers etc. I did not try to switch of ssl access. If that does not work I will install a sniffer and see if there is any traffic comming from the iPAD.

Firewall ?

No the web page works fine from the safari iPAD browser!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Having issue with Constellation/CouchPotato integration on the iPad...I am able to authenticate Sabznb and Sickbeard with no issue but with Coucpotato the tests keep on failing. I have it set to connect over port 5000 and am able to connect to it with an iPhone App(Qouch). Any ideas?
Are you running CouchPotato v2? I don't remember if Qouch can connect to CPv1, but you need to be running CPv2 (and have the API access turned on in settings) to connect to it from Constellation.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Love the app and the new features on version 2.8.1

Some thoughts:

1. Add Music Videos to main menu.
2. Why is there no space to separate the TV episode posters on the main dashboard? It looks like one continuous connecting poster. Is this by design? A little space like the Recently added albums list would be nice.
3. When viewing an album, is it possible to enable showing the artist for each track? This is useful for compilation album where each track is by a different artist.
4. If you enabled the "show details" option in Movies and TV Shows view, the X button to close out the current selection is missing.
Hi, is there any chance that you may add a connection to the streaming app "streamtome"? It would be great if we could stream movies to a mobile device and watch it as an option directly within constellation (as it is possible with Youtube Videos)? Maybe it's an idea for an inapp purchase if the coder of streamtome is open for a Cooperation. A Win-Win-Situation for both of you. Kind regards, ostf.
I am trying to restore my purchase, but its not working. Removed the app and reinstalled, i still see the banners anf the "go pro" option. Also tried to buy the app (that would be a third contribution), but i can give it my itunes pwd, then nothing. Sometimes it says incorrect purchase. My ipad is jailbroken, no idea if that is causing the problem.

Please tell me how i can use the app without banners!

And I'm very very curious to why you have such a strange buying mechanism. Mostly you buy and use, constallation requires me to buy, restore and if lucky use.... You might consider having two or three different versions in the store? But maybe you have a very special reason to make it so complicated.

(2012-09-01, 16:47)ostfriesengott Wrote: Hi, is there any chance that you may add a connection to the streaming app "streamtome"? It would be great if we could stream movies to a mobile device and watch it as an option directly within constellation (as it is possible with Youtube Videos)? Maybe it's an idea for an inapp purchase if the coder of streamtome is open for a Cooperation. A Win-Win-Situation for both of you. Kind regards, ostf.
I doubt they will do something like this since they already created an app that does the streaming you're requesting (Plex Constellation). Although this requires you to install and configure the Plex Media Server (free). This has been brought up many times before.

(2012-09-01, 19:56)remco9999 Wrote: I am trying to restore my purchase, but its not working. Removed the app and reinstalled, i still see the banners anf the "go pro" option. Also tried to buy the app (that would be a third contribution), but i can give it my itunes pwd, then nothing. Sometimes it says incorrect purchase. My ipad is jailbroken, no idea if that is causing the problem.

Please tell me how i can use the app without banners!

And I'm very very curious to why you have such a strange buying mechanism. Mostly you buy and use, constallation requires me to buy, restore and if lucky use.... You might consider having two or three different versions in the store? But maybe you have a very special reason to make it so complicated.
I'm not sure if you're aware of the recent changes Apple introduced to the way "Restore Purchases" works due to that hacker that allowed people (jailbroken or otherwise) to bypass the in-app purchases. Sadly, I think all the recent people that have been having a problem with the restore is directly a result from that. Just the fact that your device is jailbroken is NOT the cause for this (all my iDevice's are jailbroken and don't have the problem), but if you did try to utilize the bypass mentioned above at anytime (even just to 'check it out') I that will cause this. Not saying you did do that, but Apple appears to still be 'ironing out' the new changes which mainly just screw over the 'good' developers by pissing off their customers who are affected when it's rarely the developer or customers fault.

Now, I'm not recommending this, but I've heard from at least 2 people the way they solved this is to connect their device to iTunes, do a full backup, then disconnect it and on the device go into the Apple Settings and look around for the "Restore to factory settings" button (I don't have any of my devices in front of me to give a better location of it). After the restore has been completed, reconnect to iTunes and do a full sync (don't restore device yet). After the sync do the restore from latest backup. I have not tried this and don't know if it will solve the problem, but if you're willing to spend the few hours it takes to do this and it works, let us know here in the forums.

(Quick edit: For Jailbroken users, follow the above directions in full and re-jailbrake AFTER the restore. You may have to restore a second time to get some of your jailbrake apps back pending on what you have and your settings).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Dear archigos,
thanks for your reply. Anyway, you or dawid may have a look at: http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/
It's working great on any windows file Server, i.e. WHS. As far as i know, the Server Applications Source is also available on google Code.

Kind regards

Ostfriese
Oh man so to restore my purchase I have do spend a night backing up and restoring the device. Well haven't really got the time for that, shame though i really liked the app.

I haven't tried the hack to get the free in app purchases. I'll see how this progresses and just wait for a fix for this on apple's or your end.

Still my question remains, why can't i just buy the pro app in stead of something non pro and then requiring an update?
@ostfriesengott:
I've had StreamToMe installed on most of my iDevices (and ServeToMe on my HTPC Server) since I got them... I used it for awhile (and it works great) but haven't bothered with it in so long... I can't speak for Dawid or anyone from FSS.cc since I don't work for them, but I think adding this type of functionality goes against the point of the application (which is why they created Plex Constellation to fill that need).... it's like building a toaster in a car... it's do-able... but not always a good idea.

@remco9999:
As I said, I'm not sure if that would even work in your case which is why I wasn't recommending that action and just stated others have 'claimed' it worked for them. Like you, I never tried that inApp hack/bypass and I don't have a problem with Constellation but for some reason when I installed an update to a different app (non-XBMC related) all my purchases were gone and that app refuses to restore them (yes, I paid for them)... so I understand the frustration. When I contacted that developer (will remain nameless in case he was having a bad day when acting like a douche) they essentially said "Either you're lying about using the hack or it's Apple's fault... sorry" so needless to say, if I ever do get my purchases back I wont buy from that developer ever again.

Again, no idea if this will work, but I was watching a podcast about iDevices (I think it was on iPadToday from TWiT) and they briefly talked about this subject, they stated at least a few users were able to fix this problem (in a MUCH easier way) by going into Apple Settings -> Store -> touch your Apple ID name and do "Sign Out". Reboot your iDevice and after restart, repeat the above steps to sign back in.
Tried the logoff/reboot/in app purchase, didn't work. I'll check the boards to see if more people run into this. But I'm not really happy about it, not life threatening but not happy.

[edit] just bought a marvel comic, no problem. Also strange is that constellation asks me for my itunes pwd, just after buying the comic which didn't ask for it. The marvel app was correct in not asking, hope constellation was not wrong as well by doing other things with the input. Not that i have anything else that indicates a reason to worry.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5