• 127(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Maybe a stupid question and maybe already answered but I didn't read all 189 pages.

I have a iPhone 4 for a long time and have no troubles with Constellation. It is even running in PRO mode on iPhone.

Today I bought a iPad 3 and synced it with my iTunes on the PC. But Constellation is still offering me to buy the PRO version.

As I don't think I have to buy it two times I tried to delete the app and install it again. Log off from App Store, reboot iPad and log on back
but I am still have the advertisements.

Do I really have to pay twice for the app or am I doing something wrong?
TV: Sony KD-65XE9305
Player: NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 v6.1 / Kodi 17.5.1
Sound: Pioneer VSX-S520
NAS: DIY - OMV 3.0.90 - 16 TB Netto (R.I.P. at the moment)
(2012-09-05, 01:18)Morrtin Wrote: Maybe a stupid question and maybe already answered but I didn't read all 189 pages.

I have a iPhone 4 for a long time and have no troubles with Constellation. It is even running in PRO mode on iPhone.

Today I bought a iPad 3 and synced it with my iTunes on the PC. But Constellation is still offering me to buy the PRO version.

As I don't think I have to buy it two times I tried to delete the app and install it again. Log off from App Store, reboot iPad and log on back
but I am still have the advertisements.

Do I really have to pay twice for the app or am I doing something wrong?

@Morrtin:
Sadly you're not the first person confused by this...

Let's pretend you have NEVER purchased "XBMC Constellation" (for the sake of the following break down)

From iPhone/iPod Touch:
When you initially touch "Go Pro" to purchase the app, you've given 2 options:
  • Option #1: "PRO Version for iPhone" ($2.99 USD)
  • Option #2: "Constellation Pro" ($4.99 USD)

From iPad:
When you initially touch "Go Pro" to purchase the app, you're given 1 option:
  • Option: "Constellation Pro" ($4.99 USD)

Yes, I know in both cases you're also given the option to "Restore Purchases" but I assumed I didn't really need to state that.

If you picked Option #2 from your iPhone/iPod, it's the identical option that you get on your iPad, however, Option #1 ONLY unlocks the features for the iPhone/iPod Touch's that are on your Apple ID. This cheaper option was created for the users that do not own iPad's.

Since you bought your iPad after the iPhone, your best bet is to email [email protected] and ask them what they'd advise doing before doing anything else. (You could also try to contact Apple and tell them if they give you a refund for the $2.99 app you'll buy the $4.99 version but it's very hit or miss with Apple when it comes to that stuff).

I'm sorry I couldn't really be of much help on this, but I hope the above explains to you (and others) the differences.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Apple just approved the latest release and I immediately went ahead and downloaded it.

Unfortunately, I still cannot get sabnzbd and others to work out of my own home network. I am using reverse proxies.

Can someone confirms that it works and post the setting. I have kept port empty (alternative put in 80) and kept pre-fix empty.

My reverse proxy address is xbmc.my-URL/sabnzbd (for the example of sabnzbd reverse proxy).

Who can help? Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Steve,
I don't use reverse proxies, but I believe this was mentioned before... in your case, you'd use xbmc.my-URL for address and sabnzbd for prefix (if what I remember is correct).

Anyway, let me know if it works... if not I'll try to dig deeper cause I'm sure I saw it somewhere (either in this thread or somewhere on the Facebook page).

AJ
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-09-05, 08:36)Archigos Wrote: Steve,
I don't use reverse proxies, but I believe this was mentioned before... in your case, you'd use xbmc.my-URL for address and sabnzbd for prefix (if what I remember is correct).

Anyway, let me know if it works... if not I'll try to dig deeper cause I'm sure I saw it somewhere (either in this thread or somewhere on the Facebook page).

AJ

This is fantastic, working now. Thanks a ton!!!

Well, it still doesn't show my sabnzbd queue though ;-) Two related questions:

1) I purchased the ipad full in-app thing for EUR 4. Do I also need to purchase the extension for another 2.39 to display the queue.

2) Is the sabnzbd and trakt function implemented into iphone yet? I cannot find it?

Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
SabNZBd+ Queue... hmm... Did you check to see if the History worked for Sab? If that doesn't work either, maybe you had the API key wrong?

1.) Yes, the original "Pro" version purchase does NOT cover the extended features (SB,CP,Sab,Trakt), so you'll have to pay the additional fee.
2.) I don't believe it's available (yet) on the iPhone.

-----------------------
Just an FYI for users that have/had issues with using SickBeard/CouchPotato/SabNZBd+/Trakt in Constellation:
  • Yes, you have to make an ADDITIONAL purchase (not just the initial "PRO/Universal" version)
  • Yes, CouchPotato MUST be version 2 (also known as CouchServer)
  • Yes, you MUST enable and use the API for the corresponding app.
(2012-08-30, 15:57)opeters Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 15:15)FSS_Dawid Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 14:57)opeters Wrote: API is enabled and I changed portnumbers etc. I did not try to switch of ssl access. If that does not work I will install a sniffer and see if there is any traffic comming from the iPAD.

Firewall ?

No the web page works fine from the safari iPAD browser!

Just to let you know. I found the issue!
I used special characters in the password (#&*). When changing this the test was succesfull.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Probably should have guessed that the special character 'issue' wasn't limited to just user/pass for XBMC but apparently applies to all the HTPC related apps... not sure if it's an iOS thing or something app specific though.
@Archigos
Thanks for clarification.

You also wrote: 1.) Yes, the original "Pro" version purchase does NOT cover the extended features (SB,CP,Sab,Trakt), so you'll have to pay the additional fee.

I like to use these services too. So wouldn't it be easier for me to just hit the Option: "Constellation Pro" ($4.99 USD) on the iPad then? Or to I have to buy the "extended features" too?

In other words are the extended features now included in the actual PRO version?

If not I will try to contact [email protected], offering them that I would by the extended features when the unlock the PRO version for my iPAd Smile
I can't get Constellation to connect to SAB or Sickbeard. The host/ip, username and password are all correct. the API's are correct , I have SSL on but everytime I test it says 'Failed a Test'... Anyone know what's going on? It would be useful if the app stated what went wrong with the test. Couchpotato works okay!

Thanks!

P.S. I'm using the version that just came out today.
(2012-09-05, 09:46)Archigos Wrote: SabNZBd+ Queue... hmm... Did you check to see if the History worked for Sab? If that doesn't work either, maybe you had the API key wrong?

1.) Yes, the original "Pro" version purchase does NOT cover the extended features (SB,CP,Sab,Trakt), so you'll have to pay the additional fee.

I have upgraded Constelation on my iPad yesterday to the latest version. I got SB, CP and SAB working with a reverse proxy, but something confuses me. The extended features (SB, CP, Sab) are working without buying the pro version. I downloaded the app from the appstore or are there other extra features (SB, CP, Sab) when i buy the pro version ?

Here is some info about getting reverse proxy working with constelation

I have Sab, SB and CP running on a reverse proxy, accessable using, https://sab.....nl/couchpotato, https://sab.....nl/sabnzbd and https://sab.....nl/sickbeard

In constelation the configuration is something like this. I will check this tonight.

host : sab.....nl (My reverse proxy host)
port : 443
SSL : enabled
prefix : couchpotato / sabnzbd / sickbear

(2012-09-05, 12:58)Morrtin Wrote: @Archigos
Thanks for clarification.

You also wrote: 1.) Yes, the original "Pro" version purchase does NOT cover the extended features (SB,CP,Sab,Trakt), so you'll have to pay the additional fee.

I like to use these services too. So wouldn't it be easier for me to just hit the Option: "Constellation Pro" ($4.99 USD) on the iPad then? Or to I have to buy the "extended features" too?

In other words are the extended features now included in the actual PRO version?

If not I will try to contact [email protected], offering them that I would by the extended features when the unlock the PRO version for my iPAd Smile
Based on a post after yours, I'm not 100% sure... From what I was told and read, my understanding is that the Sab/CP/SB/Trakt features are NOT part of the "Pro" version (the one for $4.99) and that you are supposed to purchase the additional "Extended Features" package (I think it's $2.99) to get all that functionality, but it appears that the version of 2.8.2 that hit the AppStore today 'may' allow it without the purchase. (Or it may be the iPad confusing the "iPhone upgrade" as the "Extended Features" since they are the same price without technically unlocking the full iPad version.)

(2012-09-05, 14:28)foxxiee Wrote: I can't get Constellation to connect to SAB or Sickbeard. The host/ip, username and password are all correct. the API's are correct , I have SSL on but everytime I test it says 'Failed a Test'... Anyone know what's going on? It would be useful if the app stated what went wrong with the test. Couchpotato works okay!

Thanks!

• Do you have SSL turned on for CouchPotato as well?
  • Although not ideal, can you turn off SSL for SabNZBd+ and test if it connects?
  • Same with SickBeard (temporarily turn off SSL and test)
  • Probably not related but may help with some testing... is your device jailbroken?
  • Verify that there are NO special characters in your username and/or password... ( ! @ # $ % ^ & * - _ = + 'spaces' ) etc
  • Are you using Reverse Proxies? (If so, check the example settings from Lemon8's post below)

(2012-09-05, 14:46)Lemon8 Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 09:46)Archigos Wrote: SabNZBd+ Queue... hmm... Did you check to see if the History worked for Sab? If that doesn't work either, maybe you had the API key wrong?

I have upgraded Constelation on my iPad yesterday to the latest version. I got SB, CP and SAB working with a reverse proxy, but something confuses me. The extended features (SB, CP, Sab) are working without buying the pro version. I downloaded the app from the appstore or are there other extra features (SB, CP, Sab) when i buy the pro version ?

I have Sab, SB and CP running on a reverse proxy, accessable using, https://sab.....nl/couchpotato, https://sab.....nl/sabnzbd and https://sab.....nl/sickbeard

In constelation the configuration is something like this. I will check this tonight.

See comment above to Morrtin... I don't think it's supposed to allow the extended features like that...

Ideally the way it's 'supposed' to work for users that have both an iPhone and iPad is that the user would purchase the universal upgrade ($4.99), then if they wanted to use SB/CP/Sab/Trakt you'd pay the additional $2.99 to unlock that as well... (instead of raising the price and having some users pay for those features if they don't want/need them).
(2012-09-05, 14:46)Lemon8 Wrote:

Yes that's correct some on the functions of extended features should work like you can browse everything but you can't manage it.
i.e. you can see the sabnzbd queue but you can't pause / reorder items or delete them without the extended features purchased...
We like to provide you a way to test before you buy so if you buy you know it will work...

(2012-09-05, 09:24)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 08:36)Archigos Wrote: Steve,

AJ

This is fantastic, working now. Thanks a ton!!!

Well, it still doesn't show my sabnzbd queue though ;-) Two related questions:

1) I purchased the ipad full in-app thing for EUR 4. Do I also need to purchase the extension for another 2.39 to display the queue.

2) Is the sabnzbd and trakt function implemented into iphone yet? I cannot find it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve, Yes you should be enabled to see the queue in the free version and we have tested it with Reverse proxy the test address was http://10.0.1.2:8080/sab so it should work for you.

(2012-09-05, 09:54)opeters Wrote: Just to let you know. I found the issue!
I used special characters in the password (#&*). When changing this the test was succesfull.

Well this will be fixed in the next version :] good to hear that you have found the problem

(2012-09-05, 14:28)foxxiee Wrote: I can't get Constellation to connect to SAB or Sickbeard. The host/ip, username and password are all correct. the API's are correct , I have SSL on but everytime I test it says 'Failed a Test'... Anyone know what's going on? It would be useful if the app stated what went wrong with the test. Couchpotato works okay!

Thanks!

Are you using passwords with special chars i.e. !@#$%^&*() ?
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
(2012-09-01, 19:56)remco9999 Wrote: I am trying to restore my purchase, but its not working. Removed the app and reinstalled, i still see the banners anf the "go pro" option. Also tried to buy the app (that would be a third contribution), but i can give it my itunes pwd, then nothing. Sometimes it says incorrect purchase. My ipad is jailbroken, no idea if that is causing the problem.

Please tell me how i can use the app without banners!

And I'm very very curious to why you have such a strange buying mechanism. Mostly you buy and use, constallation requires me to buy, restore and if lucky use.... You might consider having two or three different versions in the store? But maybe you have a very special reason to make it so complicated.
Do you get something about a please use a sandbox account ? sometimes this happens on JB devices. You should be enable to restore all of your payments. Just type the password and thats all. We use the new apple framework for validating purchases and the message you get is typical for a "hacked" payment. I don't mean you actually are hacking the app but that's what incorrect purchase means. I would w8 a couple of hours and see if the problem still exists it's something on apples side or a JB app that is redirecting you iTunes payments...

Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
New version available in store! Facebook fix! Nice job!
Thinking about purchasing this app!
If i do so... Do ihave to pay extra for the sabnzb integration?

One question...
Im using an external player (mpc-hc), is there i way i can pause, play , stop and exit it with constellation? Launching is not a problem Wink
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5