• 131(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
@Skank:
As stated by Dawid, don't upgrade to 2.8.3 when available if you want to keep SickBeard, CouchPotato, and/or Headphones (all three will be removed) but to answer your question about "other than ads, what's the difference?"

Free Version:
  • Ads
  • Although you can view the data in SB, CP, Sab, etc. you can NOT manage them (like adding/removing an item from Sab queue, or adding a new show in SB)
  • The Custom Commands used to be Pro only... I believe free can now use them
That's mainly it... there's a few little differences between the iPhone and iPad versions as well (no SB,CP,etc. on iPhone and because of Apple's BS, probably wont get those features unless FSS do decide to release the extended services package on Cydia for Jailbreak users)

To your Trakt related comments/questions: I had a couple points I was going to make about this, but after writing it 7 or 8 different ways and reading it over, it just seemed like I was coming across as either a dick (in general) or condescending which by no means is what I want(ed) to convey, so please note the following is not meant that way against you or anyone else...
Essentially the point(s) I was going to make is that because of Apple's recent complaint/demand, they probably don't have the luxury to focus on changes like that at this time. I think after a new version or two get released (to appease Apple by stripping out 'good' features for crap reasons, then to fix any new bugs it caused) they can get back to focusing on this type of stuff. And although having SB,CP,HP stripped from the app, FSS has at least taken into consideration releasing those features on Cydia for JB users, but it also allows the focus to be improving a smaller feature-set. I haven't really been much of a Trakt user (I used it a lot when they first introduced it but have practically all but forgotten it since Pre-Eden) but I'm trying to get back into it, so I can see the benefits of those types of views, but for my limited use of the service it seems 'fine for now'.

I decided not to post the original rant(s) on here, but may write them up and expand on what I've already said on my personal blog later tonight... But either way, I wish Dawid and the FSS.cc team the best of luck in continuing their vision of this app while trying to keep both Apple and more importantly the users as happy as they can in this situation.

@nelsonamen:
I think this was addressed before where home automation doesn't really 'fit' into their vision of the app, but there are many other great apps that already take care of them (I believe some even allow external control, in which case you could set up custom buttons in Constellation and pretty much get what you're wanting.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Mmm not much of a reason to. Buy it then, just for the adds..
So for trakt, there wont be any changes either. Pity...
Then i would gladly pay if it would
I didn't mean there wasn't going to be any changes to Trakt, I just meant that most likely they will focus on pleasing Apple first before getting back to adding/changing things for the users, because if they don't appease Apple, Apple will just kill the app altogether and that'll suck for everyone.

I still say even in the current turmoil it's worth it to pay for Pro... but obviously probably a smart thing to wait to see if the Extended Services gets dropped or what happens to it.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Yeah ill wait and see... Thx for the info!
When can we expect news from it? Are you part of the team or do you just know info..
I do this on Safari iPad http://192.168.1.70:8086/?x10command=DEVICE~sendplc~"A2 ON" and work but not in constellation

Edit
192.168.1.70:8086 this ip is not where constellation connects to xbmc library must be?
Because i cannot installing commander server on openelec
@Skank...
I'm not part of the team... I've just been a fan from the initial release and gotten to know Dawid a bit, so I'm the lead Beta Tester and just try to help the best I can for their tech support. It's true I just "know some stuff" from my conversations with them, but most of the advice, help I give is just based on my personal use of the app then explaining how either I got it to work or what others have reported to work (like in the case of Reverse Proxies since I don't use them). So technically I have no 'official' connection to Dawid or the team at FSS.

@nelsonamen...
If you're trying to set up the custom button, the IP address used would be for the x10 you're trying to connect to if it's different then the XBMC system that's fine. If the link you put in your post works from Safari, then just copy it, open Constellation, touch the top to pull down the nav window, touch the third icon from left in upper corner (small cog), then the Plus sign in the mini tray that appears below the navigation. In the "Commands management" window, touch the plus in the upper right and select "Simple HTTP" at the bottom... put whatever you want into "Label" and paste the URL from Safari into "HTTP URL". If you turn on "Safe Button" that means you have to hold the button down for a second or so for it to activate when you want to use it (you'll see the color change) to prevent accidental usage. Hit Done, then the back button (labeled: "Commands management") in the upper left corner. You should see your new command listed so just touch outside that popup window to get back to the main Constellation screen and you'll see your new command listed in the tray, just touch (or hold) to activate.
When you paste the URL into the box, if you get an error, make sure that the url starts with http:// or https:// and if it still gives you an error, replace the space in "A2 ON" with %20 (so it'd be "A2%20ON") at the end.

To quickly clarify, any "Simple HTTP" custom commands can be ANY IP address or URL and does NOT have to match where XBMC is located.

=====
P.S. Don't remember the name of the user that PM'd about it, but when you are looking at a movie/show/whatever and there is fanart displayed, if you touch the Play button, a little popup will display so you can move the slider to set where you want to start, but to reference the "Tips & tricks" listed in the iTunes description for the app (which they complained about)... if you flick/swipe up on the fanart that will start playback, therefore it IS correct in the description. (If you swipe left, right or just touch the fanart, it will display the fanart full-screen)
worked very well thank you very much for your help
Thanks for your help Archigos!

I noticed the iPad update removing those services is Live. If I choose to not update(which I will), does that mean I won't be able to upgrade to future iPad updates also?
HTPC_Bar:Silverstone GD05B | ASROCK Z68M | Intel I3 |
HTPC_LivingRoom:Intel NUC i3
HTPC_BedRoom:Lenovo
UNRAID:1TB, 3TB, 3TB

Most likely yes since Apple demanded they remove the features would imply that they wont be put back in. However if/when they release an 'extras' package via Cydia, it may or may not be the kind that would attach itself to current (at the time) versions or if it'd be it's own app,

Short answer... for now, if you want to keep the SB,CP,etc features do not update to ANY new versions (until explained otherwise).

Now all we need is a "never update this application" option supplied by apple so we dont have to individually update all our apps forever more!

Hmmm, shouldnt they also be getting rid of any web browser app on the app store? Seeing as I can manage couchpotato, sickbeard and headphones from them! Hell, get rid of safari too!

Lets hope an solution is found that both pleases us users who have paid up, and appeases apple.

Have a jailbroken iPad waiting in case of a cydia solution but not so happy to jailbreak my phone. Maybe I will be buying an android device sooner than I thought if they release a version for android that looks and feels the same.
I apologize if it has already been answered but I did not find it on this threat:
Is it possible with the “command management” to set an instant HTTP button instead of the long press activation? This to control my Receivers volume via my KIRA128.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

sounds like you have turned on the safe button option, turn this off in the button set up and it will only need a quick tap
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
(2012-09-18, 22:38)Burbulence Wrote: sounds like you have turned on the safe button option, turn this off in the button set up and you will only need a quick tap

Ow Stupid me.. thought this was for actually "saving" the button config. Thanks a lot!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

In the app theres an option to buy extended services for 2,39 euro
It says, unlocks all you favorite services like trait.tv

Is that a typfault for trakt.tv? Or is trait something else
If its the same , what are the differences then with the already free version of constellation with trakt.tv in it
First off, great app!

For some reason, I cannot get the music to work from the app. TV shows work, Movies work, It connects fine to my XBMC. JSON PRC works fine too.

My ablums/artists show up on the app, but when I click them it says "no album found".

I can navigate to the audio files fine with the "files" section, and play them from there.

Just the albums/artists seems borked.

What am I doing wrong?
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5