• 143(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hmm still the lock screen issue persist. Seem stock or jail bait iPad don't matter as error is reported for various device types. I don't remember when exactly this bug started but I do remember things were fine and boom some recent release in later part of this year start the lock screen bug.
(2012-12-06, 10:17)dazz87 Wrote: I found another issue with the app. When I am browsing through by artist or by album and if I start queue up songs I noticed at the end of each track there is scratching sound right before the song end At first, . I thought it there were bad music files, I tested over 30 random mp3 and every single one will have a scratching sound (if the songs were queue up by the app). I then went and ran a test using the mouse (right click and select queue item) queuing up the same files and scratching sound was not there. Anyone else with this issue?
This is the first I've heard of this issue... if you have any other XBMC remotes installed on your iDevice, can you attempt to queue the songs with that app and see if it does the same thing? If the other app(s) have the same sound issue it would imply that it's XBMC itself, otherwise it may be some kind of change in XBMC's API that isn't handling what Constellation is sending properly and causing the sound as an "um, what else should I do?" kind of thing.

(2012-12-06, 10:18)NewFolk Wrote:
(2012-11-09, 11:19)NewFolk Wrote: Is it possible to look the imdb info through imdb number? NOT the name of movie. Because of I have Russian DB, with Russian scrapper, so imdb give the error with it.
Quote:Standart XBMC key e.g. A-Z, 1-0 doent work for me. While everything ok in XBMC commander.

Archigos Help me plz )
I assume you're talking about when you touch the IMDB icon while looking at a movie description. Originally I thought that the info was taken from XBMC directly which would suggest either creating or editing NFO files for your movies, however when I just tested this on my iPad while writing I noticed that even with the correct IMDB ID inside both the NFO and XBMC's database it still does a normal "Search by title" when you hit the button. Since Constellation obviously is able to pull the info in XBMC's library to display the details I'm guessing it'd be possible to associate the IMDB button with the actual ID contained in the database, but I'm unsure if the IMDB app for iOS can accept the ID's which is most likely the reason behind it being sent the movie title instead. I'll make a note of it and add it to the list I'm compiling to send off to Dawid sometime in the next day or two... (still adding to it and researching some of the things on it)

What do you mean by the Standard Keys aren't working for you? Are you having an issue adding a button to a specific key, is it doing a different command than you expect or something else? One thing to keep in mind, when you create custom buttons, there's an On/Off toggle in the upper right corner that some people thing means to activate the button or not, however if you read directly above it, it says "Safe button". If you have Safe Button turned on, by default you have to HOLD the button you want until it fills up with color before it activates, which is the desired result and helps you from accidentally hitting buttons you don't mean. So the first thing you want to try is to hold down the button and see if it starts filling with color, if it activates after about a second you know the button is working. If you want to remove the safety feature to buttons you've already created, open the dialog box where you create them and you'll see a list, touch the one you don't want the safety on and you can change the toggle back to off. If I'm way off on the issue you're having, you'll have to repost with more details so I have a better idea what you're talking about.

(2012-12-06, 21:58)Newsleecher Wrote: Hmm still the lock screen issue persist. Seem stock or jail bait iPad don't matter as error is reported for various device types. I don't remember when exactly this bug started but I do remember things were fine and boom some recent release in later part of this year start the lock screen bug.
I noticed too that Jailbreak or Stock doesn't seem to matter in this case, however one thing I did notice is that everyone that resubmitted the info was on Frodo Beta 1 or 2 (unless I missed one) so I'm assuming it was from one of the API changes that they've added sometime in the last month or so (roughly from the time 2.8.6 was sent to Apple for approval, not from when it became available in the AppStore)
The part that kind of makes it harder on me to test this issue farther is that I only have one device of each type (1 phone, 1 tablet) and I'm running beta versions on them that came out after the latest AppStore version and I can't replicate the error... which means either the next version that will be available via the AppStore should have the fix included or this issue is more of a compatibility issue with something else on the device since it doesn't appear to effect everyone.

On the plus side, my room mate doesn't realize it yet, but he's getting an iPad (can't remember if it's 2nd or 3rd Gen) for Christmas so I'll have an un-jailbroken device to run the official AppStore version on for better testing... (he also doesn't realize I'm going to use it when he's not around) Big Grin (I kind of hope they bought me one too, but doubtful... especially since I don't celebrate Christmas, but whatever)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
This is a friendly reminder that Constellation has it's own official forums (link in my signature) allowing more diverse threads for better organization as opposed to the single thread we have here (that's over 2,100 posts already) which sometimes leads to posts being 'lost' or 'overlooked'.

If you're new to the Constellation Forums there's a few things to keep in mind when you're getting started over there:
  • Due to the overwhelming amount of spam accounts being created, when you first sign up, you will have to make up to 5 valid posts with a form of Captcha enabled at which point that wont bother you anymore. (Randomly once a month or so if I notice a user posting valid Constellation related things, aka 'not spam', I'll try to remember to turn off the Captcha for them sooner)
  • If you become a Beta Tester for the app, please only post in the hidden beta areas of the forum. (PM me there with verification if you don't have access)
  • We try to provide support on both forums, but once we get more active members there you'll notice a quicker response in the long run.

To all users of the Constellation Forums:
  • Please read the "News" section (at the top of the page) as it'll be updated as needed.
  • Again, due to the high level of spam accounts, any account older than 30 days with 0 posts WILL be deleted. Please make a post in the "Introduce Yourself" section if you don't have a current/valid post to make otherwise.
  • Although not required (yet) please use your XBMC Forum username for the username there so it's easier for everyone that is trying to help in both locations. At the very least, try to put your username in your signature so we know who you are.

Any questions/comments, feel free to PM me on THIS forum.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
When will te update come for frodo support have rc1 frodo but not working oke.
I'd just test constellation on a stock new iPad 3 with iOs 6 and it freeze too!
It look like it is NOT à jailbreak issue...
Undecided
Fyi : tested on Xbmc frodo RC
the banners of frodo does not migrate further into the constellation??
(2012-12-16, 06:40)iorifly Wrote: the banners of frodo does not migrate further into the constellation??

+1
We need a updat for frodo
(2012-12-16, 20:17)Fibre Wrote: We need a updat for frodo

Maybe, but I think it would be nice to answer politely and say 'please'... Wink
and maybe dev's are waiting for stable release of Frodo.. no?

(2012-12-17, 10:02)lndiana Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 20:17)Fibre Wrote: We need a updat for frodo

Maybe, but I think it would be nice to answer politely and say 'please'... Wink
and maybe dev's are waiting for stable release of Frodo.. no?

+1

Hello everybody, and merry Christmas!
I have some trouble with my iPad 4. In fact i'm not available to control my XBMC 11.0
It seems that i cannot connect direcly to the serveur from Safari neither. However, it works with my Jailbrocken iPhone 3GS...
I've tried with severals ports, and also with Frodo, but nothing works.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks.
Korleone:
Can you be a little more specific? If you can't connect to XBMC via Safari then it sounds like it's some form of network / device issue which wouldn't be Constellation's fault, but if we have more details I'll try to help.

Check some of my earlier posts with regards to some of the basic info you should include... but obviously the more details you can give the better. Oh, and if you don't want to post that stuff in public for whatever reason, you can feel free to PM me instead.
Thanks Archigos.

I don't know how, but it's working fine now... Without changing anything...
I think it was a network problem as you said.

Thanks for the help anyway, and sorry for the inconveniance.

Regards,
Korleone
Is there anyway to put Playon the main page? Like, could I put it in my favorites, then have favorites show on the dashboard? I haven't found a way to show the favorites on the dashboard.
It depends on the device, if you are using an iPhone all you have to do is turn the phone to landscape and all the navigation buttons etc show up, and as for the iPad there is a play button at the top left of the screen, I'm not quite sure if that's what you are asking for with a play button?

Edit: I need to bang my head against the wall for that one, Playon addon didn't even cross my mind!
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5