• 15(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
OK, I'm a bit confused about movie sets (and I'm not the only one, it seems). I have Constellation 1.3.1, and XBMC 10.1 on Windows (which is the latest official and stable release at the moment, right?). With this combination, movie sets do not seem to work - I don't see the sets, and I don't even see the movies inside the sets anywhere. For example, all four Die Hard movies that I have in a collection are just missing from Constellation's movie list, and I have no way to access them. Do I have to start experimenting with the nightly builds to get movie sets working, or...? :confused2:
DomesticMachine Wrote:OK, I'm a bit confused about movie sets (and I'm not the only one, it seems). I have Constellation 1.3.1, and XBMC 10.1 on Windows (which is the latest official and stable release at the moment, right?). With this combination, movie sets do not seem to work - I don't see the sets, and I don't even see the movies inside the sets anywhere. For example, all four Die Hard movies that I have in a collection are just missing from Constellation's movie list, and I have no way to access them. Do I have to start experimenting with the nightly builds to get movie sets working, or...? :confused2:

Don't remember off the top of my head, but I think they said the Sets support was coming to 10.1 official in an upcoming version. For now, I can confirm they work fine with the Nightly versions (I'm using the July 23rd Nightly I think).

When they originally announced support for Sets I was using the official 10.1 at the time and the movies showed in my library, just not inside their set, so I'm not sure what's changed since then (I think it was C1.0 or 1.1 at the time).

If you do decide to make the jump to nightlies, it's HIGHLY recommended to make a backup of your UserData folder (especially the Databases) since it's a rework and not backward compatible. Once you upgrade you'll have to do a full fresh install to go back (if you ever need to). I apparently had some issues in my database when I upgraded the first time which has caused a lot of problems for me here and there (not with Constellation, just XBMC itself, and it was MY fault). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on it or need some help.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Don't remember off the top of my head, but I think they said the Sets support was coming to 10.1 official in an upcoming version. For now, I can confirm they work fine with the Nightly versions (I'm using the July 23rd Nightly I think).

When they originally announced support for Sets I was using the official 10.1 at the time and the movies showed in my library, just not inside their set, so I'm not sure what's changed since then (I think it was C1.0 or 1.1 at the time).
Thanks for the help! Not sure if it was evident from my post, but just to clarify - movie sets work just fine in XBMC 10.1 itself. I set them up using the XWMM web interface, no problems there. The only problem is that when I browse the movie library in Constellation 1.3.1, all movies that belong into a set are just missing. Just wondering if this is a bug, or something that's not even supposed to work with the current versions. Smile

(EDIT: Ah, re-read your post, now I think I got it - Constellation 1.3.1 supports sets with the latest nightly XBMC builds, and support for 10.1 is possibly coming later. Thanks again!)
I seem to have the same problem CRMDK is having. My movie posters and other pictures aren't shown on my iPad 2. The movies and other information show up fine. Only when I start a movie, I see a poster in the small frame on the remote.

I'm using xbmc 10.1 on Windows XP and Constellation 1.3.1.

As far as I can tell I've configurated everything correctly. HTTP and JSON rpc are both green.

The official Android remote shows all graphics my Android phone.

Have I forgotten something?:confused2:
elduende Wrote:Hi there. Great app, but still ont able to see my movies, even reinstalling, on facebook someone said something about file names length. Any ideas? By thé way TV series is OK.

Im still having the same (i think) problems as Elduende... Just upgraded to the latest version 1.3.1 and cannot get movies to sync at all from the atv2, just the blank background, I dont think its a filename length issue ie 2012! TV shows are no problem, all sync'd as well as all thumbs almost instantly.

tried to re-build my movie library no changes, tried to completely remove the app from my ipad and re-install no changes, whereas when connected to an install from my macbook it works no problem, also both installs are looking at the same library via mySQL, any thoughtsHuh
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
FSS_Rafal Wrote:Can't really tell - we want to keep it secret until release ; )

after upcoming release we'll run a poll to get more feedback from users. any suggestions are welcome : )

Just a few suggestions Smile

Customisable left hand menu bar (I don't for example use XBMC for Music, YouTube...) so don't want those there...

Likewise, won't want Latest Albums if I don't use it for music...

Great piece of work, and worth my $5. Thanks!
Keith

XBMC on Acer Revo, Windows 7.
ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7
Gateway Laptop when traveling...
Anyone know where the WOL button is?
Archigos Wrote:If you're using the latest, movie sets work fine.

What exactly isn't 'working' for your movie sets? Are the sets (and included movies) just not showing with the rest? If that's the case, my suggestion would be to resync the database again... (if that doesn't work, try to clear the cache and resync one last time).

Tried resyncing, then re-adding the host, now reinstalling the app. My movie sets just don't show up in the movie list.

I'm using the latest Constellation with the Maverick build of XBMC running on Natty. Sets show up no prob in XBMC, just not in this app.

Coog
@Sprookjes: (and CRMDK)
Have you tried "Flush images cache" then "Resync local data" as that may help. I don't have an iPad2 to test on, just iPad(1) Wifi.

@Burbulence: (and Elduende)
I know some of the other XBMC Controller's have had to put in special work arounds for ATV's, (think it may have been ATV2 specific) so if you could submit your ATV Model and Firmware Version it may help in testing. If I remember correct Dawid mentioned they currently have no ATV hardware to test on, but I can attempt to talk to another developer about how they handle ATV.

@smiffy:
I never use WOL, but I just checked and it appears the button has been removed (as stated I don't use it, so my Host's MAC address isn't set up and doubt the button is dependent on that).

@Coogan:
Don't know what to tell you on that, granted I'm not exactly familiar with "Natty" so no clues on how to advise further. If you don't mind sending me a PM with the Host Specs, (OS, etc) I can attempt to look into it further.

---
@Dawid:
One possible bug I've noticed on the iPad is with the video library. Not really sure how to reproduce reliably as it's kind of sporadic, but from the main screen, each group shows the proper count, but if I go into Movies it sometimes only shows my Movie Sets and not the standalone ones. If I drag down for refresh (which it doesn't always mention) it would populate the rest of the movies on the screen, but if I just go back to the main page Movies gets changed to a "Show all (0)". Dumping the local database and pulling a fresh copy seems to fix it for awhile, but it still seems to happen at random.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
[quote=Archigos]@Sprookjes: (and CRMDK)
Have you tried "Flush images cache" then "Resync local data" as that may help. I don't have an iPad2 to test on, just iPad(1) Wifi.

Hi Archigos,

Yes I have tried both as well as reinstall the app, by the way it have been the same with the other releases,

Clarification I'm using IPAD 2
CRMDK Wrote:[quote=Archigos]@Sprookjes: (and CRMDK)

Hi Archigos,

Yes I have tried both as well as reinstall the app, by the way it have been the same with the other releases,

Clarification I'm using IPAD 2

My guess is that it has to do with the iPad(1)/iPad2 differences since you both are using iPad 2's and it doesn't seem to affect people on the original (or at least other iPad(1) users aren't commenting).
I experience missing sync for movies lib also on my ipad2 just to let you know. Everything i tried (reinstalling, resyncing, deleting) failed so far.
Archigos Wrote:@Sprookjes: (and CRMDK)

I've tried Flushing/Resyncing as well as deleting the database. I guess it's Ipad2 related.
My movie sets don't show up. I'm using an iPad 1.
meh1965 Wrote:My movie sets don't show up. I'm using an iPad 1.

What device/system is XBMC running on? (Windows, Linux, Mac, ATV?) A bit more details might help someone figure it out.

Another thing to try is after you've done a full sync (which should happen normally, verify TV and Music appear correct), go to the Movies screen and if you only see movies OR sets by them self, drag the window down (about half way) and hold it for a second before releasing... (it may or may not reference in app that this will refresh the data). I find when it has issues this seems to fix it.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5