• 25(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Using version 1.4.1 Still no movies in maps show up. I tend to call it a day.
I tried severall and i must say that Constellation is THE finest to use. Although the menu layout could be a bit more less selfexplaining (especially THE remote part), like show THE functions of THE buttons when you hovering or just show THE name of THE button functions (or gives us that optiion).

YouTube feature is a Nice 1. Does Constellation search for itself to Youtube video's? I missing my subscribed channels, or when i search, to view a channel.

Running here on XBMC 10.1 on W7 and C1.4.1, all is running very nice and smoothly.

Question, with THE pro version, i am able to see THE programs and controll it from there also within constellation?
Archigos Wrote:I don't use the default port for XBMC, but wasn't it 8080? I mean if you changed it to 9090 that's fine (as long as nothing else is trying to use that port. You have to make sure that the port on XBMC and Constellation are exact matches, as well as the user/pass. You should also make sure the bottom two options are selected (you do NOT need to have the "Allow Control of XBMC via UPnP" even though it is shown in the screenshot below)

Thanks Archigos. I worked it out. This is going to sound silly but I did not realise you had to look for a host and then enter your ip address on Constellation. I did that and everything was fine. Thanks again.
Clarkie Wrote:Thanks Archigos. I worked it out. This is going to sound silly but I did not realise you had to look for a host and then enter your ip address on Constellation. I did that and everything was fine. Thanks again.

Yeah, Windows doesn't allow ZeroConf to work... Sad but glad you got it sorted.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
How do I go back to movis view? I selected movies, then selected a movie and am on its details page. But there is no back button to go back to the movie list.

I'm a new iOS user, still getting frustrated by not having the back button I'm used to on Android Smile
MrCrispy Wrote:How do I go back to movis view? I selected movies, then selected a movie and am on its details page. But there is no back button to go back to the movie list.

When you select a movie and it shows them on the far right. Just touch the current movie in that part again to go back to the full movie list.

As you can see in the below example, the current movie on the right is 'glowing' that's the spot you touch to go back.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Since I can't edit his post, just wanted to note to others that this was talked about off forum.

To clarify for others, he was asking about a button in Constellation that will open XBMC on the host machine if it wasn't already running. As far as I know this feature is not planned for the immediate future, but should not be ruled out as something possible later on. If this is not the case, I'm sure Dawid will comment about it on next visit to the forum and I will edit this message.

Reminder, I'm not affiliated with FSS or Constellation other than a beta tester and supporter.

Would be a nice option, but not mission critical in my opinion, as a temporary workaround you could either use Eventghost on the PC with the Iphone app.
Or even simpler install the Logitech mouse/keyboard app and PC server to control your desktop.
I use the Logitech app if I have to drop out of XBMC and do some windoze maintenance, and can't be bothered digging out the mouse/keyboard.
Its not perfect by a long way but does act as a workaround.
Nacmacfeegle Wrote:Would be a nice option, but not mission critical in my opinion, as a temporary workaround you could either use Eventghost on the PC with the Iphone app.
Or even simpler install the Logitech mouse/keyboard app and PC server to control your desktop.
I use the Logitech app if I have to drop out of XBMC and do some windoze maintenance, and can't be bothered digging out the mouse/keyboard.
Its not perfect by a long way but does act as a workaround.

I do similar things via the iPad/iPhone (remote control wise)... and as far as loading XBMC when it's not running, I created a simple batch file in the Windows\System32 directory (calls system-wide) called "RunXBMC.bat" and since I already monitor my network with "PC Monitor" I just use that to open a Command Prompt and type RunXBMC and press Enter. Big Grin

Contents of RunXBMC.bat
Code:
@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
Archigos Wrote:I do similar things via the iPad/iPhone (remote control wise)... and as far as loading XBMC when it's not running, I created a simple batch file in the Windows\System32 directory (calls system-wide) called "RunXBMC.bat" and since I already monitor my network with "PC Monitor" I just use that to open a Command Prompt and type RunXBMC and press Enter. Big Grin

Contents of RunXBMC.bat
Code:
@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Thanks for the tip, but I try that code in PC monitor after installing the programs on iPad and PC, & it's not opening for me (2 different pc's). Is there anything else I need to do to enable it? Thanks in advance.
myster305 Wrote:Thanks for the tip, but I try that code in PC monitor after installing the programs on iPad and PC, & it's not opening for me (2 different pc's). Is there anything else I need to do to enable it? Thanks in advance.

You don't type that directly into PC Monitor since the command prompt on it has some 'issues'. From the Windows computer that XBMC is on, you create a new text file, put those two lines into it and save the file as "RunXBMC.bat" in the Windows\System32 folder. (Pending on your system settings you want to verify the file didn't save as "RunXBMC.bat.txt")

If you have it saved properly, in PC Monitor on your iDevice, select the correct computer and go to "Terminal", give it a few seconds and you should see at the top the "Microsoft Windows [Version blah blah]" like you would opening a Command Prompt on the computer... in the Enter Command box type ONLY "RunXBMC" (without " marks) and press Send... it should open XBMC after a few seconds. Then touch Done in the top left corner of PC Monitor to exit the prompt. If you get any errors or it doesn't work, there may be some form of permissions issue on your computer or network.

-- Back on Topic of Constellation...
A few people have asked/commented on the Facebook button crashing the app (in 1.4.1 or earlier) and just wanted to point out that the button has been fixed in 1.4.2, but I'm not sure when 1.4.2 will hit the AppStore yet. I only tried the button on the iPad version which opened a secondary app to log into Facebook, but since I HATE Facebook, I didn't actually log in to test further... that was also the reason I didn't try it on the iPhone version either. I assume it posts a "Now Playing" or something similar to the Facebook Wall.
Awesome app!! Worked with no problem as soon as I installed it. Great and sleek addition to my setup, thanks!!
Love this app, it's replaced Commander for me now. (I have too many ios xbmc apps !)
I notice this movie set's or collections are not seen by Constellation, would this be something that could be addressed in an update?
@Nacmacfeegle
We are thinking about implementing Eventghost in the near future .

@FB Button Problem
The button isn't fixed in 1.4.2 we always seem to forget about it because its a simple to fix problem I promise this will be fixed in the next release and also we will add a FB to the now playing section.

@markswift
>I have noticed this murders the battery, my iPad used to last days, now it last 1 day with this app running...
>Any idea on a fix for the media flags?

Thats Not possible Smile IOS would kill the app in like 5s after you close it. We do not do any background operations that can inflict battery performance.

@The German umlauts BUG
This is right now in review we expect it to be released today

@rlphrts
The bug with multi CDs is on the todo list will be fixed in the next release

@sokolum
The youtube view will be changed soon to support more complex searches including other media stream providers

@Archigos
The next release will include the new "Watched"/"NEW" flags Wink (1.4.3)
Thx For you help Smile I need to send you a truck of beers Wink

@mat____
The movie sets support for 10.1 will come in 1.4.3 or 1.4.4.

@all
Forry for the latest update speed but we are working on 3 project simultaneously.
FSS_Dawid, love your eventghost the program would be great, because what is lacking is to call the xbmc and this function we could call the xbmc.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:@FB Button Problem
The button isn't fixed in 1.4.2 we always seem to forget about it because its a simple to fix problem I promise this will be fixed in the next release and also we will add a FB to the now playing section.

@Archigos
The next release will include the new "Watched"/"NEW" flags Wink (1.4.3)
Thx For you help Smile I need to send you a truck of beers Wink

I apologize on the Facebook comment jumping the gun. A few people mentioned to me that it crashed instantly and it 'appeared' to work for me. Oops.

As far as the truck full of beer... a six pack will do. Laugh
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5