• 30(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hi all,

I've been using Constellation and I'm liking it a lot. Keep up the good work.

One small question or feature request:

When I perform a video library update there's no status bar or notification wether or not it's actually doing anything or encountering errors. Initial update isn't so much of a problem as you can see the movies get added. But I've got some movies where I manually changed the miniature to something else due to weird scraping. (Wrong language gets picked up) I can't seem to get Constellation to pick up the new art.

Anything I missed?
KDeschrijver Wrote:Hi all,

I've been using Constellation and I'm liking it a lot. Keep up the good work.

One small question or feature request:

When I perform a video library update there's no status bar or notification wether or not it's actually doing anything or encountering errors. Initial update isn't so much of a problem as you can see the movies get added. But I've got some movies where I manually changed the miniature to something else due to weird scraping. (Wrong language gets picked up) I can't seem to get Constellation to pick up the new art.

Anything I missed?

There's a possibility that you may be confused (or just the way you wrote it), but the "Update Video Library" and "Update Audio Library" in the "Options" screen (the one with the "Wifi" icon) updates the Library inside of XBMC and not on your iDevice. The "Resync local data" until the configuration menu (the one with the "gear" icon) updates the libraries inside Constellation.

From what you said, the way you want to do it is go to the Configuration menu ('gear' icon) and do "Flush images cache" and OK that popup. Give it about a minute (pending on size of library) and then do the "Resync local data" that's directly above it.

Hope that helps.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hi Guys,
I can confirm that send uTube to the XBMC/TV and the gestures work fine for me, using the latest Constellation on on my Ipad 2 running nightly XBMC build
One small feature request.

If you have a two CD album, which have the discnumber variable set to 1 for the first CD and 2 for the second CD. The first song on the first cd is listed in your app as tracknumber 65537 and the first song on the second cd is listed as having tracknumber 131073.

These numbers comes from xbmc and it seems that the track variable (iTrack) in each Song table in the xbmc DB is calculated as discnumber * 65536 + tracknumber.

So a good looking solution would be something like the following:
if ( track > 65535 ) {
disc = track >> 16;
track = track & 0x0000ffff;
display disc-track;
} else {
display track;
}

Or something. Anyway would be great to have this fixed and thanks for a great product!
JSON RPC is not working for me!
EDEN days xbmc version 06.09.2011
Does anybody have the Pandora addon installed and using this app? I'm mainly want to use this app for the "addon" controls. But I don't want to buy it unless I know it works and give s me the control I need.

Home much control does it give you in the Pandora addon? Can you select different channels, stop, start, etc?
mrfatboy Wrote:Does anybody have the Pandora addon installed and using this app? I'm mainly want to use this app for the "addon" controls. But I don't want to buy it unless I know it works and give s me the control I need.

Home much control does it give you in the Pandora addon? Can you select different channels, stop, start, etc?

it starts the addon. then you can use the dpad (or gesture zone) to control the on screen controls
isamu.dragon Wrote:it starts the addon. then you can use the dpad (or gesture zone) to control the on screen controls

too bad. I wanted to be able to control Pandora remotely without looking at the TV screen.
iorifly Wrote:JSON RPC is not working for me!
EDEN days xbmc version 06.09.2011

Yes, the newest Nightly (Sept. 6th) changed the JSON API on XBMC's end which caused the break.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Yes, the newest Nightly (Sept. 6th) changed the JSON API on XBMC's end which caused the break.

Hi,

Does anyone know What exactly is the JSON used for ?
Do you think any update from 6/9 is going to mess with the JSON or will they (xbmc devs) fix it or is it part of the xbmc dev upgrade process, in which case FSS.cc will have to fix

who ever hope it get fix soon
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know What exactly is the JSON used for ?
Do you think any update from 6/9 is going to mess with the JSON or will they (xbmc devs) fix it or is it part of the xbmc dev upgrade process, in which case FSS.cc will have to fix

who ever hope it get fix soon

You can check XBMC's wiki about what they use the JSON for, but essentially, it's on XBMC Dev issue as they are upgrading it on their end, so it's something that FSS will have to tweak in Constellation.

The whole point of the nightlies is to test the bleeding edge changes that the X-Dev are putting into the builds, these changes always have the potential of 'breaking' third party things. If you're always upgrading to newer nightlies and worried about it breaking things... just don't go with the absolute latest until you've heard something on the forums in reference to breaking stuff... (ex. Stay with Sept. 5th or prior due to JSON)
Dear all

i'm capable of using constellation. for instance i can search in my libray of music (don't have movies, so nog used)
Also i'm able to play the music on the remote machine (in this case a win XP laptop connected true wifi home network and as monitor i use my tv.

However if i push in the youtube tab on the button the send it to the latop, nothing happens.

also in the remote none of the buttons seem to have an effect.

i'm sure i am connected because the music library does work !

and maybe an idea. put the option in constellation that if you play a song, you have also a button somewhere that you go to the visualisations en nothing else on the screen on the computer.

Regards,

Wietse
We know about the broken nightly build support. We will support new JSON when XBMC Dev Team stops changing namespaces (so often) - otherwise it's continous development on and on...

We will wait a little bit longer with this release as we are currently working on some new (simpler) navigation flow and photo support. We would like to include it in the next release but it make take some time. Meanwhile, if you are using one of the nightlies, stay before Sep 6th.

Kind regards.
wiemel Wrote:Dear all

i'm capable of using constellation. for instance i can search in my libray of music (don't have movies, so nog used)
Also i'm able to play the music on the remote machine (in this case a win XP laptop connected true wifi home network and as monitor i use my tv.

However if i push in the youtube tab on the button the send it to the latop, nothing happens.

also in the remote none of the buttons seem to have an effect.

i'm sure i am connected because the music library does work !

and maybe an idea. put the option in constellation that if you play a song, you have also a button somewhere that you go to the visualisations en nothing else on the screen on the computer.

Regards,

Wietse
Sounds like a evenserver problem. Did you watch the setup video in the first post? Make sure you have port 9777 UDP open!
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Sounds like a evenserver problem. Did you watch the setup video in the first post? Make sure you have port 9777 UDP open!

i've tried top open this port, as well as in my firewall and in the rooter.

xhrn i try on my ipad tot surf to http:// ip adres:8080 i get a page with xbmc en on the right it shows the tab movies and music.

also i've noticd that sometimes in this page i get a red notification which says connection to server lost, en than dissapears again, en than shows up again and so on....

Anyway, it still doesnt work, so youtube but also the remote control.
I'm still only able to play songs in my library (so i can sart them on my pc using onstellation on the ipad.
i've got the latest stable version of xbmc dharma.

also i've noticed that when i try youtube in xbmc on the laptop itself, i'm not able to search movies
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5