• 37(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Edited (removed) how come there isn't any delete? solved my problem, so no need to ask and longer
Edited (removed) how come there isn't any delete? solved my problem, so no need to ask and longer
mat____ Wrote:If both devices are on the same subnet, (which they are according to the IP addressed show) then it's nothing to do with the router. It's a firewall issue on the HTPC.

Turn off the firewall there to prove the case.

The router port forwarding settings are only relevant if you are establishing a connection from outside of the lan, like from a 3G connection or from a friends house.

thanks for the info im gonna test it out.
Thank u so much guys, ive turned of the firewall on my HTPC and its works perfect Smile
i got more question probably very easy.
when i open xbmc constellation i can only see my movies and stuff under files but if i look under movies or tv shows or artist i dont see anything try to sync but nothing happens. is there a certain thing u gotta do before i works.
guess you are on a nightly build on/after sep5 (like me). we have to wait for an update due to changes within json. the current constelletion version doesnt seem to support those changes yet. if you dont want to wait, then grab an earlier nightly version. that should work.
okay i got my xbmc constellation this week for the ipad..
How do I get it to play from the tv shows > banner view > show >season I can highlight a episode. Double clicking, holding for 10 secs, clicking the play arrow at the top and bottom of the screen don't do anything.

What am I missing. Also I see the plugins but when I click on them I see none!

On the trial version for now....

Also on the banner view please can we get rid of the show name and just have the images. Right now they are spaced out way to far. Instead of 6 an option to do 12 w/o title would be really nice!

Also when I am a tv show and looking at the list of episodes. I would like to be able to press the tv shows button on the menu on the right hand side and have it go back to the main banner page with the shows, currently it does nothing when u press it.
Sorry it's taken so long, but here's a direct link to the Wiki Page about Constellation that I just finished writing the initial setup for.

I'm going to read through this entire thread to get ideas of what the most common errors/issues/etc are and focus on adding information for those first. I'll also be throwing in numerous screen shots to help show off the interface. If you have any ideas/suggestions of areas to focus on, reply or PM me and I'll try to add them as quick as possible.

Last note, since I have the paid version on all my devices, I need one of you guys (using the free version) to PM me so I can request some specific screen shots I'm no longer able to make with my copies.

----
@fnc1:
Quote:How do I get it to play from the tv shows > banner view > show >season I can highlight a episode. Double clicking, holding for 10 secs, clicking the play arrow at the top and bottom of the screen don't do anything.
I just switched my copy over to Banner View, I was able to select a show, the season, an episode and touch Play, it worked fine with the normal "single tap", so without more information about your setup (what version of XBMC, on what machine/device, what version of Constellation, etc.) I'm not sure what to tell you. If TV Shows are the only area giving you issues, it might be your library in XBMC, however if Movies and Music aren't working as well, it's probably settings issues (one or more of the following: iDevice/XBMC/Network)

Quote:Also I see the plugins but when I click on them I see none!
The 'trial' (free) version doesn't support the Plug-ins. If you upgrade to a paid version it will unlock this.

Quote:Also on the banner view please can we get rid of the show name and just have the images. Right now they are spaced out way to far. Instead of 6 an option to do 12 w/o title would be really nice!

Also when I am a tv show and looking at the list of episodes. I would like to be able to press the tv shows button on the menu on the right hand side and have it go back to the main banner page with the shows, currently it does nothing when u press it.
I don't believe there's an option to remove the show name in Banner View (yet) but I think it was on their To-Do list for a future version. I think ideally in banner view, the show name would appear where the 'no image' icon is and would be hidden when the banner is downloaded and displayed over it. That way if you have one or more shows missing the banner you'll at least know what they are without having to go into each to check. I didn't really look enough at that screen to see if 12 would be feasible, but if it wouldn't fit, maybe do 8 (2x4) or 10 (2x5) instead.
Last part, when you're viewing the actual show (either seasons or episodes) there's an X inside a circle (directly across from the show name), touching this brings you back to the full TV Show list like you want.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos

I just switched my copy over to Banner View, I was able to select a show, the season, an episode and touch Play, it worked fine with the normal "single tap", so without more information about your setup (what version of XBMC, on what machine/device, what version of Constellation, etc.) I'm not sure what to tell you. If TV Shows are the only area giving you issues, it might be your library in XBMC, however if Movies and Music aren't working as well, it's probably settings issues (one or more of the following: iDevice/XBMC/Network)

What info would you like?
Movies are not working as well
I'm on Linux
Version xbmc is pre-11.0 git:a39d9d8 (compiled : feb 26 2011)
Consetllation ver 1.4.2.

I tried and apt-get update and it said i was current.

And the x does work but I think it would be a nice feature to do it from the right hand menu also.

btw it does work from the android official xbmc remote...
@fnc1:
I don't use the Linux versions so I'm not able to test any of this, but since you have a copy from roughly 7 months ago I'm not sure why apt-get is telling you it's the latest. Granted I just tried looking through the Nightly Mirror and don't see any versions listed that would help you. Sadly you'll have to wait for another Linux user to chime in with some form of answer.

Quote:And the x does work but I think it would be a nice feature to do it from the right hand menu also.
That does sound like it'd be handy, I'm sure it's something they'll take into consideration if it's not already on their to-do list.

Quote:btw it does work from the android official xbmc remote...
I got rid of all my Android devices a long time ago, but since you use it, I'll send you another PM with some ideas I have.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
well i got it working, by adding the ppa repositories... now im running 10.1 official... and even though it came out after what i had installed, I guess it doesn't support Bluray ISO's

So now i need to find i guess a good nightly release to use, that supports both:
Constellation
Bluray ISO's

anyone know, what one this would be? and how to go about installing it? (its been a while since ive done this)
Anyone know where I can get the Sept 3rd nightly build as previously mentioned, have checked the mirrors without success.

Cheers :-)
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

Select the os/device, choose the oldest in the list, click on details. Copy the mirror/os/device part of a mirror link to a new tab in your browser. Search for the desired version. If it is not listet choose another mirror.

Example (for ATV2): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...mirrorlist

For ATV2 Sep. 03 feel free to pm me.

EDIT: Unfortunately I lost my copy of the Sep. 03 build and all the mirrors were updated. So if anyone still has a copy please pm me!
guys

I have the setting in XBMC to allow deletion of files but when I do the right swipe gesture, the file disappears from the menu but doesn't actually disappear from the hard disk. Thus if i close and re-open constellation, the file shows up

Is there a way to allow constellation to remove file from disk?

Thanks!
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5