• 76(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Jarek Wrote:Hi FSS Dawid!

I thought I could interact completely with my Addons which I added to my favorites but it doesn't work.

Could I request this feature?

Kind regards,
Jarek

+1
i would love to see this feature for use with icefilms plugin and youtube plugin
akevit Wrote:I cannot get this app to work on my Windows 7 Desktop running XBMC 11. I have the settings configured as per the video instructions and I'm setup to use Library mode in XBMC.

The app is able to autodiscover my PC with no problem, and the popup appears in XBMC, however none of my videos show up in the app. I haven't had a chance to test play/pause yet or other functions as I spent the majority trying to get this portion to work. I am having the same issue with my ATV2, however the odd thing is that I was able to view my Movie Library, however after a restart I'm no longer able to.

Is there any sort of log or debug information I can provide for you? I am going to mess around with it more when I get home, and I'll also test it out with the iPad version. The app looks great, I'm definitely going to buy once I get it working.

Error I'm getting is:

Code:
00:57:36 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from XBMC Constellation
00:58:37 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Client XBMC Constellation from 10.0.0.41 timed out
01:09:05 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from XBMC Constellation
01:09:06 T:113709056   ERROR: WebServer: Failed to open (null)icon.png
01:10:06 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Client XBMC Constellation from 10.0.0.41 timed out
01:10:52 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from XBMC Constellation
01:10:53 T:113709056   ERROR: WebServer: Failed to open (null)icon.png
01:12:53 T:118853632  NOTICE: ES: Client XBMC Constellation from 10.0.0.41 timed out

The iPad ended up working just fine. The iPhone app wasn't working until I reinstalled it but now it seems to work. I'll give it another few days.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

nicknacc Wrote:FREAKING AUTOCORRECT IPAD.

i didnt mean cdrom lol

i meant to say how long does it take json to connect for you guys . mine is about 10-20 seconds. is thisnormal? the http is green right away. should i do port forwarding or is this the quickest?

That's about normal, it can vary depending on the hardware specs of the system running xbmc, but 20secs is around about right
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Ansyhrrian Wrote:Thanks, all, for the feedback. I think the upshot is that the iPhone app definitely needs work. As it relates to the specific issue that has been heretofore unreported, I'll do additional investigation and provide detail around reproducibility later on.

Also, I'm running XBMCLive on Ubuntu.

Some feedback on further investigation:

1. The issue with WOL has been resolved. As someone suggested, I put in the MAC address to the configuration screen, and now WOL works as advertised.

2. The root cause of none of the controls working has been identified. As I suspected, it has to do with how long it takes to re-connect to XBMC after the app has been put in sleep mode. The app still shows green (connected) even after it is not connected (when in sleep mode), so my ability to do anything is delayed by the 30-60 seconds it takes to reconnect. After reconnecting, everything works as expected.

So, overall, the app is working, but it's unfortunate that there is no way to keep the connection alive when the app is put in the background. Silly iPhone. And for people like myself that have their iPhones go to sleep with an short timeout makes the app somewhat unusable. I can make the change to keep the iPhone "awake" for longer and the utility of the application will significantly increase.
nicknacc Wrote:FREAKING AUTOCORRECT IPAD.

i didnt mean cdrom lol

i meant to say how long does it take json to connect for you guys . mine is about 10-20 seconds. is thisnormal? the http is green right away. should i do port forwarding or is this the quickest?
As stated by others, 10-20 seconds is normal... I know for my network if I happen to have all my computers turned off (except the HTPC) for whatever reason, it will connect in about 5 seconds, but otherwise, I think I average about 15-18.

Thanks for this app! I bought the Pro Version and I'm a little bit disappointed.
I thought I could interact completely with my Addons which I added to my favorites but it doesn't work.

In my case I use the sabnzbd addon to browse through my RSS feeds and to set up some downloads.

Would there be the possibility to interact with the addon by getting the menus from this addon to XBMC Constellation and to hit "Enter" if I decide to download it?

I hope you know what I mean.. this would be really great, cuz I could organize my downloads from everywhere on a elegant way..

Kind regards,
Jarek
When you add the addon/plugin into Constellation it just gives you a shortcut to starting that in XBMC quicker without having to manually navigate to it, which saves time. I understand you want it so that when you start a plugin their interface shows in Constellation, giving you touch control over what you do (many people want that), but this is a logistical and programming nightmare on the developers end. Not only would FSS have to keep up with all the HTTP/JSON changes in XBMC, but they'd have to keep up with all the changes to EVERY addon they attempt to utilize. I'm sure you've had some in the past that broke when you updated them... think about that on a scale of even one addon breaking now pissing off hundreds/thousands of users for your remote because of something you obviously had nothing to do with. This doesn't even take into account all of the addons that seem to just pop up and die/disappear, some of which were great and just didn't get the programmers it needed.

Long story short on the above rant, it'd be a nice feature, but I think the compromise they have done with giving the users the ability to make the shortcut and then easily navigate the plugin using the standard controls works fine for most people.

Ansyhrrian Wrote:Some feedback on further investigation:

1. The issue with WOL has been resolved. As someone suggested, I put in the MAC address to the configuration screen, and now WOL works as advertised.

2. The root cause of none of the controls working has been identified. As I suspected, it has to do with how long it takes to re-connect to XBMC after the app has been put in sleep mode. The app still shows green (connected) even after it is not connected (when in sleep mode), so my ability to do anything is delayed by the 30-60 seconds it takes to reconnect. After reconnecting, everything works as expected.

So, overall, the app is working, but it's unfortunate that there is no way to keep the connection alive when the app is put in the background. Silly iPhone. And for people like myself that have their iPhones go to sleep with an short timeout makes the app somewhat unusable. I can make the change to keep the iPhone "awake" for longer and the utility of the application will significantly increase.

1. Good (I don't use the feature since I leave my HTPC on 24/7)
2. That's a limitation that's a mix of XBMC and iOS's fault and technically not Constellation...

There's an option in the new version where you can set it so that Constellation will NOT allow the device to sleep while the app is open. This does solve that, but it does put the extra drain on the battery since the screen doesn't deactivate which is why I only activate that option when I have my iPhone or iPad plugged into the charger.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?

Thanks for this app! I bought the Pro Version and I'm a little bit disappointed.

In my case I use the sabnzbd addon to browse through my RSS feeds and to set up some downloads.

Would there be the possibility to interact with the addon by getting the menus from this addon to XBMC Constellation and to hit "Enter" if I decide to download it?

I hope you know what I mean.. this would be really great, cuz I could organize my downloads from everywhere on a elegant way..

Kind regards,
Jarek
@addons
Yes downloading addons will be possible after eden I know it's implemented in XBMC but it didn't make it do eden so You will have to w8 a year or so Wink

@browsing Addons Smile I will have a look at this if I can "Hack" some data out of xbmc

Ansyhrrian Wrote:Some feedback on further investigation:

@30-60 seconds it takes to reconnect ; keep the connection alive when the app is put in the background
This will be fixed in the next version and with the new iPhone app.

Burbulence Wrote:That's about normal, it can vary depending on the hardware specs of the system running xbmc, but 20secs is around about right
You can try experimental sync but this metod is realy hard for CPU of you HTPC and will not work on ATV. it will decrease the sync time by 60% and on some platforms it couses the ipad/iphone to sync to hang. we didn't have time to figure out whats the problem with this but one thing is for sure if you have a good network connection N drift and a good CPU in your HTPC try this Wink else keep away constellation will make a DOS attack on you HTPC ;-)

@nbz build in
Well this is walking on thin ice for us. The initial version of constellation has had a Transmission(torrent) interface build in and we where kicked in the a*s by Apple.
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
about the Cinema experience problem. There is a simple resolution to just update your Apple movie trailers script with this one (EDEN ready): https://github.com/MartijnKaijser/plugin.../downloads
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
FSS_Dawid Wrote:about the Cinema experience problem. There is a simple resolution to just update your Apple movie trailers script with this one (EDEN ready): https://github.com/MartijnKaijser/plugin.../downloads

404 error, please provide another link

Do you know also approximate date of release new version Constellation for iPad ?
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi

You can create your own buttons in the remote area that would do these, I use quit XBMC back to desktop, but not sure about clean library

Hi can you please explain how to make this button. I can't figure it out. Tried looking everywhere. ;(
dabba Wrote:Hi can you please explain how to make this button. I can't figure it out. Tried looking everywhere. ;(

Hi Dabba,

If you go to remote, then select the the cog on the right hand side of blank area below the remote, then select the + , then XBMC Builtin Function , then scroll down the builtin command for the one that suit, Give it a lable the select done.
This will create a button the the blank area below the remote

Also with the safe button off, you will be able to just select the button, But with the safe button on you will have to select then hold till the blue line encircles the button, This is great if you have a button you wouldn't want to press by accident

Hope this helps
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Dabba,

If you go to remote, then select the the cog on the right hand side of blank area below the remote, then select the + , then XBMC Builtin Function , then scroll down the builtin command for the one that suit, Give it a lable the select done.
This will create a button the the blank area below the remote

Also with the safe button off, you will be able to just select the button, But with the safe button on you will have to select then hold till the blue line encircles the button, This is great if you have a button you wouldn't want to press by accident

Hope this helps

Hi thanks for the info, but I still can't find the cog. Are you using the iPhone version?
Hi dabba,

No sorry using the ipad version, as far as I am aware custom commands is not available on the iPhone, but I am sure Dawid or Archigos will correct me, Well not at present Perhaps later who knows

Sorry for the mix up
Hi all, just wanted to say congratulations and add my two pennies worth. first off great app been wanting to try this for a while but couldn't get it to work until i upgraded to Eden.

i have to now go buy my own ipad as i was only testing it on a freinds :-)!!

Hoepfully i can now a give some useful feedback

the dashboard tab on the left, not really sure what the proposed used for this is?, i tend to go straight into movies to TV shows depending on what i want to watch. so the ability to hide this as you can do with th other tabs would be cool.

The addon's, only very slightly disapointed with this, I think maybe having a tab of its own would be good, but the main issue is that when adding the shortcut to below the keyboard the naming of the shortcut is plugin.video.xxxx, would prefer just the icon or the ability to change the shortcut name, if this can be changed already then great could someone let me know how, if not maybe this could be worked in somwhere.

I know these are pretty much aesthetics but for an app to be as slick as it already is i beleive these would make it in even more so.

Keep up the great work.
zjqj Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I've just realised why I was getting the JSON RPC disconnected status...

I read in the setup instructions:
"TCP: In System/Settings/Network/Services activate Allow programs on this system to control XBMC for localhost access only and Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC for access from other computers as well"
but initially I couldn't see either of these settings and presumed it was from an older version of XBMC and just carried on.
So just after my previous post it occurred to me at I was using a non-standard skin (Ellipsis, which is a great skin), so I switched to the default (confluence) and there were the settings, so I enabled them and the JSON RPC connected immediately. Once that happened I switched back to Ellipsis and the universe returned to a harmonious state. Smile

Hi, glad to see you got it working right, I wanted to excuse my really unhelpful reply last time, caught me at a bad time... If you do get it working with ellipsis could you give me a screenshot of the settings screen for the wiki we are writing, I think it will help more people if we put up screen dumps of the more popular skins to avoid confusion! Thanks
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:Hi, glad to see you got it working right, I wanted to excuse my really unhelpful reply last time, caught me at a bad time... If you do get it working with ellipsis could you give me a screenshot of the settings screen for the wiki we are writing, I think it will help more people if we put up screen dumps of the more popular skins to avoid confusion! Thanks

I'm going to doing a lot on the wiki when I return home later tonight or tomorrow. So you can PM the screenshots or links to Burb or myself... (Credits will be given on any images used)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5