• 77(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi dabba,

No sorry using the ipad version, as far as I am aware custom commands is not available on the iPhone, but I am sure Dawid or Archigos will correct me, Well not at present Perhaps later who knows

Sorry for the mix up

It's cool thanks for the help. I'm getting an iPad just waiting for the new one to come out. So it'll come in handy someday. Smile
Lightbulb 
I have a suggestion on making Constellation for iPad even prettier <3

I find the white Search area (top right corner) a bit of an eye-sore and often truncating the title of the content playing.

Suggestion:
Why not replace the search field with a simple looking-glass icon that works as a pulldown? You can see it implemented in the iPad 'iBook' app (when reading a document) or in Google's 'Gmail' app.

Keep up the the good work!
Hi

First off, awesome remote. Although I'm having some problems with it.

I'm able to connect the remote on both my iphone and ipad to xbmc (I get both green lights for HTTP and JSON RPC), and it controls xbmc fine. The database loads and I can get all the metadata for the files. However no images load. I just get placeholder images on the main screen and if I go into a movie/tv show/album I just get a loading image symbol which never loads.

The images load correctly if I load the xbmc web browser on a different computer on the network.

I'm running the xbmc 11 beta. I've tried clearing the database or the remote,resyncing, and flushing the images, uninstalling the remote and reinstalling it back on both my iphone and ipad all to no avail.

Any ideas?
Cheers
I love this app and it's the best $5 I've spent in a long time.

One thing I would love to see, or maybe it can be done, is the ability to view my music collection as it shows up as a Windows folder shows it. For example, Adele - 21, Alice in Chains - Dirt, Alice in Chains - Jar Of Flies, etc. XBMC does it automatically and visually it's more appealing and easier to navigate for me.

Thanks for the great app!
Ali Baba Wrote:Hi

First off, awesome remote. Although I'm having some problems with it.

I'm able to connect the remote on both my iphone and ipad to xbmc (I get both green lights for HTTP and JSON RPC), and it controls xbmc fine. The database loads and I can get all the metadata for the files. However no images load. I just get placeholder images on the main screen and if I go into a movie/tv show/album I just get a loading image symbol which never loads.

The images load correctly if I load the xbmc web browser on a different computer on the network.

I'm running the xbmc 11 beta. I've tried clearing the database or the remote,resyncing, and flushing the images, uninstalling the remote and reinstalling it back on both my iphone and ipad all to no avail.

Any ideas?
Cheers

Hmmm. I can think of two things to try. Make sure you port forward and there are no weird firewall blocking issues going on. Also make sure you got the latest Eden version. Not a pre Eden or something.
Also mmaaaaayybeee. Your connection works but it's slow, how is your router? How large is your library? When you initially set this up in xbmc, did you check the "allow program to control xbmc?"
Using the Iphone version and the app works well. Only issue is when I select the "keyboard" icon/function does not work in contrast to using a real keyboard. For example, is I select "S" from the iphone app nothing happens, if I select "S" from the attached keyboard the context menu appears as it should. What am I missing or is the app functioning as designed?

Thanks
Govnah Wrote:Using the Iphone version and the app works well. Only issue is when I select the "keyboard" icon/function does not work in contrast to using a real keyboard. For example, is I select "S" from the iphone app nothing happens, if I select "S" from the attached keyboard the context menu appears as it should. What am I missing or is the app functioning as designed?

Thanks

The app is working as designed... the keyboard you see is meant for typing into search boxes and similar... the reason you're not getting the 'context' you want is an issue with JSON... (I have no idea if it was changed/corrected/etc in Eden, but if it has, the changes just haven't made it into Constellation yet).

@Ali Baba:
Another thing to try if you what Nick suggested doesn't work is to make sure you have a user/pass set up in XBMC and make sure that neither have an @ symbol as we've recently found out that symbol (and possibly others) don't get passed properly (most likely by iOS itself) and causes authentication issues.

I haven't had the chance to do anything on the wiki yesterday as promised due to medical issues, but Burb has been updating it in my absent. (I just wish that I could visit the wiki to update things without having to delete a half dozen or more spam pages and ban as many spammers/trolls on a daily basis. I'm thinking of locking registration.)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Any news on playlist on youtube? through the constellation?
I’m trying to get Constellation working on my Ipad2 and to handle my ATV2.
The version stated on XBMC is Eden Beta 11.0.
XBMC is installed through NitoTV.

Started reading this forum thread from page one due to that I cannot get it to work.
When coming to page 22 of 115 (and counting…) I realised that it might be quicker just to ask.
My problem, as many others, that I don’t see anything listed in the Dashboard, Live TV, Movies, etc.
HTTP and JSON RPC is connected and the light is green.

I can find, and start, all movies music and so on when accessing the files through the file browser.
I.e. I am connected to my shared folders on my PC.

I get one error every time I start XBMC:
Script failed!: script.watchlist.

PC is by the way Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
My router that connects everything is a Dlink Dir-645.

I have purchased the Pro version if this affects anything.

Would really like to get it working due to that the interface really looks nice and would facilitate the way I’m running my ATV.

Thanks’ in advance!
Quote:@Ali Baba:
Another thing to try if you what Nick suggested doesn't work is to make sure you have a user/pass set up in XBMC and make sure that neither have an @ symbol as we've recently found out that symbol (and possibly others) don't get passed properly (most likely by iOS itself) and causes authentication issues.

Thanks for the responses Nicknacc and Archigos.

You were spot on the money about the @ symbol in the user/password. As soon as I took it out the images popped up.

Cheers guys
maxfar Wrote:I’m trying to get Constellation working on my Ipad2 and to handle my ATV2.
The version stated on XBMC is Eden Beta 11.0.
XBMC is installed through NitoTV.

Started reading this forum thread from page one due to that I cannot get it to work.
When coming to page 22 of 115 (and counting…Wink I realised that it might be quicker just to ask.
My problem, as many others, that I don’t see anything listed in the Dashboard, Live TV, Movies, etc.
HTTP and JSON RPC is connected and the light is green.

I can find, and start, all movies music and so on when accessing the files through the file browser.
I.e. I am connected to my shared folders on my PC.

I get one error every time I start XBMC:
Script failed!: script.watchlist.

PC is by the way Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
My router that connects everything is a Dlink Dir-645.

I have purchased the Pro version if this affects anything.

Would really like to get it working due to that the interface really looks nice and would facilitate the way I’m running my ATV.

Thanks’ in advance!
I give you credit for at least attempting to read through the long thread before posting (many do not). I'm not sure if this is your problem, but it's a known fact that the ATV (Original and 2nd Gen) has some 'hardware disadvantages' shall we say. If your libraries are rather large, it can take a LONG time for them to sync properly with Constellation and due to the way the current version is programmed, it will attempt an 'update sync' every time you open the app or resume to it from standby. The ATV devices just don't have enough hardware to handle this overly well (you can almost think of it as a small DDoS attack to the device, but not on purpose).

My first suggestion, from XBMC itself, do a "Clean Database" to stop the syncing of any useless data (media no longer available) which will help shrink the overall data required to sync. Next, reboot the ATV (if possible) just to give it a 'fresh start' (not really required). Next, open Constellation and press the "Cog" button in the upper left and turn on "Disable Idle Timer" (plug in the iPad if the battery is low) and now don't touch anything on either device and watch the iPad right below the area that says "Nothing is playing" and you should see a tiny bar filling up. (First time it fills is doing the music library, second time is video library). Hopefully the bar will fill both times and not take too much time, but again, with the ATV hardware and the size of your libraries this could take awhile. If the sync works fine (the bar both times) you should be set. A future version of Constellation is going to make that "Sync on Open" an option that ATV users will probably want to disable. If you think you've given it more than enough time and it's still not working, please PM me and we can talk about a few other things to try.

Ali Baba Wrote:Thanks for the responses Nicknacc and Archigos.

You were spot on the money about the @ symbol in the user/password. As soon as I took it out the images popped up.

Cheers guys

Glad you got it worked out... Another user I was working with via PM informed me about the @ in his password so I stuck one in mine to try it and the images broke, so it's confirmed that at least some symbols in the passwords is a bad idea. (I only tried @ symbol) I tested a few other apps (not Constellation or even XBMC related) and found issues with symbols on iOS devices, so I don't think it's something that can be fixed in Constellation itself. (Stupid Apple Laugh )

--Clarification--
The comment made about iOS not sending @ symbols properly: I'm not talking about the symbol in a 'normal' password (ex. Dropbox app) I'm referencing the symbol in a password in an app that passes a user/pass via URL/URI to a third party API.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hi,

I notice that the trailers now play in XBMC itself and not on the iPad, is there a way to make them play on the iPad still?

Further, what is the popcorn icon that's appeared?

Long time supporter and bought the very first day - Still the best app I own!

Mark
Proud to have software induced insomnia.

Hello,
first i want to say this is a great app, but i think i habe found two bugs:
1. When you search for an interpret, click an album and then click on the close/back Button in Constellation you don´t go back to the artist you have searched for.
2. You can´t play music in an album in the right order.
And i have one request, can you please add an all albums function?
Thx and sorry for my bad english
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to say thank you for an awesome companion app. Constellation single handedly solidified my selection of XBMC as my HTPC front end. In fact, I loved the app so much that I purchased Constellation less than 20 minutes after I downloaded the free version from iTunes. So again, Thank You!

As an aside, would it be possible to either add button descriptions to the various icons on the interface or perhaps have optional texted based buttons to replace the icons? I find that some of the icons are a little less intuitive than they could be. I can just picture my wife calling me at work because she can't figure out what is an icon and what is not. Having descriptive text icons of some sort, while somewhat archaic, would go a long way to increasing legibility (?) not to mention WAF. Smile
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5