• 14(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
I'd also like to chime in here: This is a terriffic job if everything comes together as you plan, bambi73. Monitoring this thread with eagle eyes.
Very interesting, would this mean better audio decoding as well? I noticed dramatic improvement in sound after using dsplayer b/c I could use ffpmg audio to properly decode surround sound flac and it communicated the effects better to my receiver.
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Very interesting, would this mean better audio decoding as well? I noticed dramatic improvement in sound after using dsplayer b/c I could use ffpmg audio to properly decode surround sound flac and it communicated the effects better to my receiver.
Don't think so. I'm only modifying current FFmpeg to be able parse appropriate chapters/editions informations from matroska files and DVDPlayer to be able interpret them. I don't touch any decoding processing, it isn't my goal. I'm modifying almost current FFmpeg version so only improvements can come from it.
bambi73 Any chance you can do another release soon?

Also i am wondering if anyone else is having issues with the app not closing when you click shutdown in XBMC. I use Neon and NEON SVN and both had same issue. XBMC is just set to close on shutdown button in the skin but instead it just acts busy and never does anything.

Also has the odd freeze here and and i find it updates my music lib on startup but will not update my video lib on startup for some reason. Need to manually trigger the video lib update.

Hi10 playback seems to be perfect from what i can tell. AMD Fusion did not have enough grunt for it so swapped it with an quad core i had sitting around and all is running well now apart from issues above.
I'm not having issues with the shutdown function.

However, there is a problem with framedrops with hi10p material, which appears to have its cause rooted in the autodetection of interlaced material (which we have to enable in the posted build, otherwise we get that funky psychodelic greenish look). Mind you, this is with a quadcore, and definitely an issue with the autodetection part in general (these drops also happen with very high-bitrate 8bit material).

I'd love to get my hands on an intermediate release in which deinterlacing can be disabled. Any chances, bambi73?
Me to... +1.
sereny Wrote:I'm not having issues with the shutdown function.

However, there is a problem with framedrops with hi10p material, which appears to have its cause rooted in the autodetection of interlaced material (which we have to enable in the posted build, otherwise we get that funky psychodelic greenish look). Mind you, this is with a quadcore, and definitely an issue with the autodetection part in general (these drops also happen with very high-bitrate 8bit material).

I'd love to get my hands on an intermediate release in which deinterlacing can be disabled. Any chances, bambi73?
Ok, I'll prepare new build but not today. Maybe tomorrow but can't promise it Smile

Btw please be aware that I didn't applied patches which XBMC team prepared for FFmpeg (because it's time consuming and in some cases quite hard to decide where to apply patch and even if it's still needed), so some "already solved" problems from Eden can reappear here. But IMHO these patches mostly solve not so common problems.
Thanks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OL9RYED5

New build with correction for "Green hell" problem, plus some small improvements.
And please delete all thumbnails for Hi10P videos generated by previous version before you start complain that they are still green, you must do it manually Smile
bambi73, it's ok for you to distribute binaries but don't forget to make the source available. A branch on github is good.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you very much bambi, it works well, as expected!
Cheers for your hard work Bambi.
I won't have the time to play around with your builds for a while, but will definately take a look sooner or later; especially if you manage to get ordered chapters working properly as well.

Atm I'm more or less doing things with Mediaportal; that's working pretty well actually with LAV, but I prefer XBMC's layout, and the XBMC Android remote is better. Shame we're not getting HD Bitstream in this build, but we can't have everything Smile (yet Big Grin)

I look forward to seeing feedback from other people using your build. It MIGHT be worth posting it over in the Windows Subforum too, as whilst this is a development/alpha style build, I'm sure there's people over there who'd be interested as well, especially as this is a little more self-contained than say DSPlayer.

I'm sure there's a few people who'd try it just for the FFMPEG update to the player; rather than just because it has Hi10p support (I know I have a number of videos around which 'broke' with DVDPlayer due to the age of the core player)
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Thanks for this release.

I've played with, 10bits seems fine (tested only on one file), but unfortunately subtitles test failed. I've several files i used to test subtitles each time i test a new release, to check things work properly, and there is no regression. Almost all play properly, except one file. This file of course plays properly with XBMCSetup-20111117-0e174c0-master.exe and XBMCSetup-20111122-89fe561-master.exe releases.
If you want to investigate/check, you can get the file here.
If you want, you can take a look at a ticket 12023 i've opened. You can see correct and incorrect behavior for file Test-1, the one which fails.
Try going into C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\fonts and deleting all of the fonts. Then, copy/paste Arial from C:\Windows\Fonts into the XBMC cache\fonts directory and reboot. This fixed it for me.
@CrystalP: I'm not sure how useful my sources will be for other peoples because they are usable only for embedded ffmpeg compilation. FFmpeg version numbering for choosen n0.7.6 tag is complete mess (or at least i don't get it Smile) so i simply removed/commented out most conditional part of xbmc-ffmpeg interface. I'm now working on Matroska Ordered chapters support, so I planned to publish sources when it's somehow stable (not even close now Smile).
Anyway if it's because licence requirements then I'll publish them even for this build.

@alexrose1uk: as I wrote above Ordered chapters support isn't even close to some kind of release (not enough time for it) but at least it starts show some promises Smile
I'm planning to publish some alpha builds in developers forum when it's ready and maybe it isn't bad idea to link it to Windows forum too.

@jpsdr: I compiled it with yesterday XBMC sources so everything should be same. I did changed only 2 small pieces of XBMC code, so there almost no difference, most of work was on interface to ffmpeg but it has afaik nothing to do with subtitles.
And uhmm, 1.3GB file for testing? Wink I download it and I'll try to find if there is some obvious problem, but can't promise much.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7