• 17(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
You should really read the last pages of this thread. Information about THORA releases has been posted. This issue is fixed (release pending though).
Damn, I did read it, though several days ago, but that's no excuse. Sorry, that was idiotic. Sad
There is new XBMC build from current sources and containing newer FFmpeg n0.7.8 tag (in last build it was n0.7.6).

@jpsdr: Problem with subtitles is solved.

Additionally there are patches to meet GPL requirements (i hope patches are enough).

What is inside:
- patch FFmpeg to n0.7.8 tag
- patch XBMC-FFmpeg API for new version
- patch XBMC decoder to correct problems with seeking

What isn't inside:
- FFmpeg head - n0.7.x tag has (almost) compatible API with current XBMC and should contain all functionality from head
- XBMC patches for FFmpeg - too much work for temporary release, if you need some then apply them yourself
- tested sources for all OS - originaly i didn't intended to relase sources so i removed some conditional code. I think it was only code related to different FFmpeg versions (not necessary for internal/embedded FFmpeg), but i'm not sure if there wasn't something OS related. If it doesn't work on your OS (only tested on Windows) then you must correct it by yourself, sorry.
WARNING:
Looks like I messed up yesterday and uploaded wrong (old) build. Rolleyes
There is correct one
I'll test it this evening and WE, when back home. Having megauploaded disabled at work, i can't check what version it's from. Have you build from a very recent build ? The ticket 12012 i've opened seems to be fixed between 0212 and 0412 version. I'm still waiting to check and see if the fix is stable and will not vanish as magicaly it's appeared, not being able to identify in the commit list what could had fixed it... Huh
@jpsdr: last build is from yesterday, sources too. And it's now stored on mediafire, megaupload changed interface and now upload doesn't work for me Smile
Is it normal, that this latest build doesn't have any ordered chapters support anymore or I am being stupid again?
@boingman: it's normal, ordered chapters alpha build is different line and i'll move it to new thread as soon as i found some time to start it Smile
Oh okay, looking forward to that thread of yours. Smile
I've made some tests, all the files i use to test subtitles play fine, the few 10bits files i have play fine also. I don't know how to check if multi-threading is working/enabled.
Thanks for your good work ! Wink
10 bit playback has improved for me, fewer framedrops. Could be due to multithreading, cannot say for sure though. Nice work anyway Smile
Guys i know this is off topic so i will apologise up front but i need a hand from a group of people that have anime files and most people on this thread will be here because they want to play their anime on xbmc.

keeping it short i am building an automated system to match anime filenames, size and hashes to series and eps info at high speed (service side), accuracy and hopefully no restrictions on volume similar to AniDB file matching but automated and much much faster for scanning many files and more useful for files that have not been manually entered.

Basically i am looking for people willing to supply testing data by scanning part or all their collection. All i store is a few hashes, file size and filename. Client is at http://smartvfs.com/FileScanner/publish.htm but is dotnet based so needs windows and maybe run on mono in linux. Happy to answer any questions via email or PM as i don't want to clog this thread with posts not relating to it.

Thanks and sorry for been off topic

[edit]
Latest stats on how close i am to reaching the 30k files and the 30k+ filenames can be found here http://smartvfs.com/AnimeService/stats.aspx . so far about 8.8k which is great but i still really need about another 21k so please help out if you can
So, not a point I've really seen brought up in the thread*, what sort of hardware reqs are we looking at for playback of 1080p 10bit (dedicated box, running linux)?

Currently got a first gen ion board, so clearly thats out, but how far do I need to go? Don't want to be upgrading the mpc that often, but equally it spends most of its time on, so don't want to end up going to far overboard...

*I admit, I only read the first 17 pages and the last 4, so there are a couple of pages I skipped.
djprotoss Wrote:So, not a point I've really seen brought up in the thread*, what sort of hardware reqs are we looking at for playback of 1080p 10bit (dedicated box, running linux)?

Currently got a first gen ion board, so clearly thats out, but how far do I need to go? Don't want to be upgrading the mpc that often, but equally it spends most of its time on, so don't want to end up going to far overboard...

*I admit, I only read the first 17 pages and the last 4, so there are a couple of pages I skipped.

I couldn't say for sure but I can give some examples.

AMD Opteron Dual-Core 2.2 GHz (this is like a ~2005 Socket 939 proc): Can't play 1080p 10-bit. All kinds of frame drops. 720p 10-bit seems to be okay in most cases.

Intel Core i7-870 Quad-Core 2.93 GHz: no problems.

So I suppose something in between those two. Oo
djprotoss Wrote:So, not a point I've really seen brought up in the thread*, what sort of hardware reqs are we looking at for playback of 1080p 10bit (dedicated box, running linux)?

An old original Quad core running win7 plays back fine using the win7 modified version of xbmc with 10-bit support. My AMD fusion could not handle it even if i added a graphics card due the processing all happening on the cpu.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7