• 19(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
Installed FFDShow but nothing change. I had Pre-Eden beta running before I installed this which is working fine.

This is what I've done:

1. Uninstalled pre-eden beta without deleting my xbmc settings
2. then installed latest build with DSPlayer
3. I follow alexrose1uk guide from #3-12
4. The screen flicker like its trying to play but nothing happens
5. If I press C and select DVDplayer the movie play fine

I even installed MPC-HC and FFDShow but same results. My OS is Windows 7 x64. Alexrose1uk guide look simple to follow but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any other idea?
I'm having the same problem with the build from 12/25 and windows 7 x64
Did you guys install the x64 or x86 version of ffdshow/LAV Filters?

Because x64 filters wont work with XBMC because it is a 32bit application.
oh i forgot to install ffdshow. now installed ffdshow tryouts and it works with mkv (not m2ts tho). also i'm not getting dts-hd so looks like i need to research a bit more..
0wing Wrote:Did you guys install the x64 or x86 version of ffdshow/LAV Filters?

Because x64 filters wont work with XBMC because it is a 32bit application.

Thanks 0wing! I re-installed LAV x86 version and it working now. Do I still need ffdshow x86?
If you have configured DSPlayer to use something else than ffdshow you don't need it Smile.

@samboosa you need to configure ffdshow's audio decoder to get HD Audio.
darknet Wrote:Hi alexrose1uk

I follow your guide but when play a movie the screen just flicker and nothing play. Is there anything else I need? I really wants to try out this DSplayer. Thanks

Apologies I've not been on much the last day or so, I see you've got it working now. I will edit the guide to make that segment clearer as its something I don't tend to think about, as I know XBMC is x86!

@boingman
You have full control over the filters and splitters used.
Want to use Haali? Want to use LAV? Want to use FFDShow? Want to use CoreAVC etc...the list goes on, it gives you that extra segment of control Smile

To be clear, the guide and files I have provided are currently setup so DSPlayer uses the LAV Audio and Video decoder for MKV *only*. Right now, for other file types you additionally need to have FFDShow installed as the guide points out at the bottom, or further amend the mediasfilter.xml file to get other files to ALSO use LAV.

I am looking to change this in the future, but I've been working over most of Christmas/New Years and haven't had a chance.

Edit:
I've now redone the Guide with a new, updated files pack, and some amended and updated instructions.
By default my XML files now remove all references to FFDShow etc, meaning everything should 'work out the box' once you've setup LAV and XBMC correctly, I have also explicitly mentioned you need to install the x86 versions of the LAV filters, even with an x64 OS, to hopefully avoid any users running into this issue.

I haven't had a chance to test every file type available (as I don't have them all), but can confirm MKV, ASF, WMV and MP4 are now all working absolutely fine out the box based on my experience Smile

Also due to further work on the player done by Tiben, I have removed my notes on some of the splitter issues and subtitle issues; as DSPlayer is now working better than ever, and the immediate issues appear to have been resolved. If anyone DOES note any playback bugs, these can now be looked into in the official thread.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Thanks for the updated guide, alex.
With bambi73's latest release I actully noticed some problems with frame drops when playing for example certain high bitrate hi10 mkv files by coalgirls, so I hoped installing DSPlayer might fix that.
So far, so good, the files now play without any slowdowns.
I had to edit mediasconfig though to use FFDShow for audio instead of LAV, because I didn't manage to figure out how to activate Dolby Prologic II for files with Stereo/2.0 sound. Maybe you have an idea.
Thankfully, I don't need HD bitstreaming anyways, since my AVR (Onkyo 807) is recent enough to handle all kinds of uncompressed Multi channel audio just fine. Unless of course I didn't get why else you would need HD bitstreaming.
For further questions and problems (wonder if ordered chapters are possible with DSPlayer), I'll visit the appropriate thread. Smile
Hmmm, well LAV is WYSIWYG more aimed at passthrough etc, rather than a processor; I could be wrong, but for prologic, surely LAV just needs to pass the audio through to your amp, and then your AVR should do the work? Normally there is a Dolby Prologic mode you can switch to that is intended to pick the signal up from a stereo signal and then deal with it, I know that's the way my Yamaha AVR, and my friend's Onkyo work, it's a setting/audio processing option you can set the amp to, rather than it being automatic. I have it enabled for the input on mine I run my Wii through.

LAV is designed to be as hands free as possible, so I doubt it will ever pick up a DPL signal itself, and then 5.1 said signal in software (if that's what you were after). I'm personally of the opinion that the FFDShow audio decoder's complexity is part of the reason why I found it's bitstreaming to be a little more buggy than LAV's.

In regards to Ordered Chapters; I believe this is something Nevcariel hasn't included in LAV's splitter, nor is it included in the standard DSPlayer splitter, however DSPlayer can be configured to use Haali's splitter which I believe does support Ordered Chapters, so might be worth a shot? This is part of the benefit of DSPlayer, it's rather customisable Smile

Hope that helps Smile

Glad by and large the guide worked for you though!
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
alexrose1uk Wrote:Hmmm, well LAV is WYSIWYG more aimed at passthrough etc, rather than a processor; I could be wrong, but for prologic, surely LAV just needs to pass the audio through to your amp, and then your AVR should do the work? Normally there is a Dolby Prologic mode you can switch to that is intended to pick the signal up from a stereo signal and then deal with it, I know that's the way my Yamaha AVR, and my friend's Onkyo work, it's a setting/audio processing option you can set the amp to, rather than it being automatic. I have it enabled for the input on mine I run my Wii through.

My problem is that the DSPlayer audio is recognized as Multichannel, meaning that all speakers are considered active although only the front speakers are actually used. That's why I can't activate PLII on the AVR itself.
In that situation the PL modes are gone and the only option via the AVR to use all speakers is to switch to "All Stereo". Big Grin
Thankfully, with ffdshow I can apply PLII to all stereo sources before sending the Multichannel audio to the AVR.

Of course it's very likely that it's just me messing up the speaker config and that DSPlayer is not at fault.

Quote:In regards to Ordered Chapters; I believe this is something Nevcariel hasn't included in LAV's splitter, nor is it included in the standard DSPlayer splitter, however DSPlayer can be configured to use Haali's splitter which I believe does support Ordered Chapters, so might be worth a shot? This is part of the benefit of DSPlayer, it's rather customisable Smile

I figured it out. Smile
I already knew that I had to use Haali, but I failed to notice that it belongs to the type "source" instead of the type "splitter".
I now have it as both. For the record, this is how the relevant mkv parts of my mediasconfig.xml look like now:
Code:
<source filter="haali" />
      <splitter filter="haali" />
      <video filter="lavvideo" />  

<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />

Hi10 support check, ordered chapters support check, subtitles support is still not perfect though. See UTW logo at the Fate/Zero title screen or the multilayered karaoke effects. Or is that part also customizable?

Quote:Hope that helps Smile

Glad by and large the guide worked for you though!
I added it to the first post. Smile
Subtitles are still semi-WIP, as Tiben focused more on resolving the crashing/dropout bugs that used to exist since coming back, rather than less crucial issues.

I'd suggest posting in the main thread, and providing or linking in some manner a sample, so Tiben can take a look into it, I believe he knows there are still things to be done with the subtitle engine, but without files to test/see issues it can be hard, I know JPSDR reported a few more issues.

I'll take working, and stable over some advanced features though, so I don't mind waiting a little bit.

Any chance for an openelec version?
Lol.
saiga6360 Wrote:Any chance for an openelec version?

Of DSPlayer? Unfortunately not, it's a Windows only (DirectShowPlayer) branch.

Sorry, wasn't aware DSplayer is Windows only. So there is no new way to improve 10bit playback for Openelec users?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7