• 5(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
+1000 ;-)
Same here, waiting unpatiently
Guys, have you read and understood posts #37+? It's no use bugging here, you should be bugging Philips for a licensing release of their software portions. Having studied patent and copyright issues a bit more, I have to retract my earlier statements. It's not ok to just use the code until someone says no. Rather, the original programmer has complete freedom in deciding what to do with it and any use without prior permission is a copyright infringement.

That said, I also have to say that we don't have software patents in Europe. That means the idea cannot be protected, but rather the code portion is "only" protected by copyright laws as a piece of text exactly as is. If someone were to slightly modify the code so that it differs from the original, I would wager that an infringement was out of the question in Europe. Then again, the US have different patent laws and XBMC is released worldwide, not just in Europe. Also, an XBMC programmer would have to tackle this and the XBMC team is already quite stretched. Let's face it, as much as I wish to have this feature, it is for a relatively small circle of users.

So unfortunately, from a legal and practical point of view, this feature seems not to be in reach right now.
I understand license issue, but how about to use external player?
If XBMC can import sacd iso and dsd into library, we can play using external player.
Is it a part of license issue?
XBMC Korean User Group
http://xbmc-korea.com
Hola,

Can anybody tell me if with this pull (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5047) that upgrade ffmpeg in XBMC, can we play dsd files?

I ask this because after the version 2.3 ffmpeg indicates that contains a Direct Stream Digital (DSD) decoder. http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=...hb=489d066

If this is true, please show us how to enable this in XBMC.

Gracias.
the decoders work, i just tested in my fork. however, the codecfactory in mainline is rather silly, which means it won't work smoothly there.

this is the best you can do right now:
add the extension(s) using advancedsettings.

then use play using -> dvdplayer and it should play.

somebody needs to patch up the codecfactory in mainline for it to play with the default music player (and it won't be me).
Thanks, ironic_monkey

I´ll try adding the extensions to advancedsettings.

The problem that you mention with codecfactory I think it applies to MLP files too.
@ironic_monkey, which are the most common extension for sacd?

.dff or other?
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-08-05, 20:01)Wanilton Wrote: @ironic_monkey, which are the most common extension for sacd?

.dff or other?

DSF is quite common (AFAIK It is dff with ID3 tag)
(2014-08-05, 20:05)Krobar Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 20:01)Wanilton Wrote: @ironic_monkey, which are the most common extension for sacd?

.dff or other?

DSF is quite common (AFAIK It is dff with ID3 tag)

I have .dff files as foobar plays as default extension.
dsf/dsd = a raw bitstream
dff = a dsd bitstream embedded in an iff container

.dff or other?
other, e.g. .iso
I tested and work fine in Kodi, play tracks with dsd or dff extension files, but don´t work playing iso SACD, it´s by design? or need other extensions for this work too.
(2014-09-13, 22:36)Wanilton Wrote: I tested and work fine in Kodi, play tracks with dsd or dff extension files.

Only PCM or DSD passthrough?
xcypher242, when select multichannel track, appear in my receive PCM multichannel, same results if choose Dvdplayer or paplayer.

I send audio via HDMI, selected wasapi hdmi in output.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5