• 7(current)
Req SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC
dsd translates to 352kHz PCM for dsd64 or twice that approximately for for dsd128.

this is dsd *decoding* to pcm, not dsd passthrough.
Does passthrough work for any of you? Any idea why it does not work for me?
i repeat: there is *NO* support for passthrough of dsd.
(2014-09-24, 09:06)ironic_monkey Wrote: dsd translates to 352kHz PCM for dsd64 or twice that approximately for for dsd128.

Is this translation lossless?
So is there a way to play dsd files and use passthrough for DTS etc. without switching between fixed sampling rate and best match?
Did you try using WASAPI rather than Directsound? For anyone who cares about their audio Directsound is to be avoided.
You cannot to my knowledge passthrough DSD. This is due to the GPU HDMI Audio driver (intel, Nvidia, AMD irrespective - a. least speaking for windows) which does not bitstream DSD eventhough the HDMI conventions support it since HDMI 1.3. So no DSD bitstream to your receiver. Only other alternative would be to bitstream DSD via usb to a DSD DAC.

But I understand that there is a way to play .dsf files in XBMC. I tried that (using kobi) with no luck so far as the files don't even show up. what do i need to do. Am following XBMC since long time but am currently using another software. Have just noticed that XBMC provides full BD menu support on most of my BD's which is great so i consider shifting to XBMC. Having as well a large SACD collection on my server in dsf (used an old PS to rip and then reworked with SACDextractor) if these would also play I'm sold.
I had the same problem with dsf files not even showing up in Kodi. I installed the latest nightly version a few days ago and now it works. The only problem as stated above is that it only works with a fixed samplingrate set in the Kodi audio output options, which obviously is not compatible with passthrough of movie audio signals.
if anyone who cares; i have working proof-of-concept code for SACD isos. works almost fine (some audible glitches now and again that i haven't tracked yet - threading stuff),
plus i need to figure out how to get the data size up front (haven't found the frame counter yet..)

https://github.com/notspiff/vfs.sacd

will not work with mainline, only my fork, sacd branch @ https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake

if some enterprising individual wants to port it to mainline, feel free. i certainly won't.

most credit should go to the authors of the sacd-ripper library. i've hacked the lib to pieces to suite my needs though.
Is your keyboard defective from time to time?
nah, just my brain that didn't decide on whether to write 'if anyone cares' or 'for anyone who cares'.
nah, not that one. Find the outliers in the following sequence:

ss22s22s22ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Tongue
oh hehe. nah, it's how i dev the addons. my build system pulls the addon out of a git. so i have to commit (locally) for each change.. no sense having sane commit message during the dev phase Smile the 22 stuff was a marker to myself that i might want to pop those commits off later..
(2014-09-14, 22:41)Wanilton Wrote: ....
I put extension .2CH and MCH (via advanced settings file), but don´t work too, I will provide debug log soon, I point manually for track, for course, no audio when try playing.

ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file N:\Musics\SACD Testes\TRACK001.MCH
17:29:45 T:10428 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder

These are most likely DST lossless compression files, and not supported by FFmpeg. Raise a bug and upload a sample to https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ if this is important to you.

(2014-09-25, 12:11)eddysalsohere Wrote: You cannot to my knowledge passthrough DSD. This is due to the GPU HDMI Audio driver (intel, Nvidia, AMD irrespective - a. least speaking for windows) which does not bitstream DSD eventhough the HDMI conventions support it since HDMI 1.3. So no DSD bitstream to your receiver.

Correct. There is currently no documentation from Intel, Nvidia, AMD describing how program the video card to output HDMI One-Bit-Audio Packets.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)
pross - you must be the same guy that added dsd to ffmeg right? thanks for that!

most sacd's are dst not dsd. just in case you weren't aware https://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/so...Flibdstdec
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SACD/DSDIFF playback in XBMC5