Disable "Views" menu? Enable: "backspace" closes the view menu?
Planning on dropping off an XBMC box at the familys place and need to disable the view menus. What I mean by this is, when viewing my movies i can hit the "up" selection and the view window slides out allowing me to change from FanArt to List etc. I need this stuff disabled.

On a side note, I would also like the "back" button or "backspace" key to close the view menu when its viewed. I HATE having to hit "right" just to close it. I'll hit the back button which will leave the "movies" and then leave the view menu...its annoying. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
/noob
I too would be interested in customizing how/when the Views menu is engaged. I seem to bring it up by accident a lot, especially in Thumbnail view within plug-ins where going all the way to the right SHOULD wrap to the next line.
Watch out for skins with option to enable kiosk mode! This way you'll be able to deactivate the slideout menu ...
About Escape or backbutton, you can edit the keyboard.xml file to your pleasure.
Which remote you're using is important, as a mce remote can be modified with the mce remote script.
I'm using my own keyboard or the Android remote. I just dont understand why the "back" button doesn't close the view menu? If you hit back it will cycle the main screen behind it to the menu preview which now doesn't pertain to the menu option you have open etc etc...it just doesn't make sense.

Never the less, Kiosk mode is exactly what I'm looking for.
butchabay Wrote:Watch out for skins with option to enable kiosk mode! This way you'll be able to deactivate the slideout menu ...
About Escape or backbutton, you can edit the keyboard.xml file to your pleasure.
Which remote you're using is important, as a mce remote can be modified with the mce remote script.

Indeed most of the skin have kiosk option and sometimes in two stages for extra control
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
svinyard Wrote:I'm using my own keyboard or the Android remote. I just dont understand why the "back" button doesn't close the view menu? If you hit back it will cycle the main screen behind it to the menu preview which now doesn't pertain to the menu option you have open etc etc...it just doesn't make sense.

Never the less, Kiosk mode is exactly what I'm looking for.

That's supposed to be that way, back brings you one level back, escape brings you to the main menu, just map your back button to escape in keyboard.xml
butchabay Wrote:That's supposed to be that way, back brings you one level back, escape brings you to the main menu, just map your back button to escape in keyboard.xml

I think your not seeing my issue. I really like that it takes me back a level...that is fine. What I don't like is that it WONT close the view menu (the little side flyout or drop down view menu that pops up if you accidentally hit the wrong direction). It not doing this makes 0 sense...no offense really. It just doesn't have a purpose. I will never want to navigate around (go back a level) while my view menu is open. Far to often do I miss a keystroke on the android remote and open up the view menu. Now I have to remember which key closes the damn thing and THAT depends on which skin I'm using AND which view type is running. As you can see this little guessing game on how to do the opposite of what you just accidentally did is really a waste of effort and certainly not something I want present in my production environment if it can easily be altered.
It can't be. The slideout view menu(s) are not dialogs, and hence do not react to the back action.

This is in the process of being changed - I'm hoping to have the necessary stuff in master in time for Eden.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It can't be. The slideout view menu(s) are not dialogs, and hence do not react to the back action.

This is in the process of being changed - I'm hoping to have the necessary stuff in master in time for Eden.

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable "Views" menu? Enable: "backspace" closes the view menu?0