Different Audio Output Devices for Movies and Music?
Hi There,

is it possible, to tell XBMC to use different Audio Output devices for movie and for music?
e.G.:
In the generall settings i can tell XBMC to route Audio over HDMI.
But I only want this for Movies, because I don't want to switch on the TV for just listening to audio - and because of my Hardware setup every thing over HDMI goes to the TV and then to the sourround equipment...
And now, I want to use optical out or analoge out direclty to my amplifier and tell xbmc to use this output only for music...
Is there any way to do this?

cheers,
bigcheese
Ooooh this is very much relevant to my interests.

I would love to be able to specify different audio outputs depending on media type.
BigCheese Wrote:Hi There,

is it possible, to tell XBMC to use different Audio Output devices for movie and for music?
e.G.:
In the generall settings i can tell XBMC to route Audio over HDMI.
But I only want this for Movies, because I don't want to switch on the TV for just listening to audio - and because of my Hardware setup every thing over HDMI goes to the TV and then to the sourround equipment...
And now, I want to use optical out or analoge out direclty to my amplifier and tell xbmc to use this output only for music...
Is there any way to do this?

cheers,
bigcheese

Hi, that's exactly what I want - separate settings for audio, including 24-bit sound. Cheers, Alex
why not setup this way- htpc/xbmc>avr>hdtv. you can leave hdtv off when listen to music, and you'll get the best aq this way too.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:why not setup this way- htpc/xbmc>avr>hdtv.

That is not the way I want it to setup - and: it is not possible - there are not so much input hdmi ports than I need - my TV have enough...

cheers,
bigcheese
BigCheese Wrote:That is not the way I want it to setup - and: it is not possible - there are not so much input hdmi ports than I need - my TV have enough...

cheers,
bigcheese

and for that thers hdmi port replicators.
Why not use optical out to you receiver for all audio?
BigCheese Wrote:That is not the way I want it to setup - and: it is not possible - there are not so much input hdmi ports than I need - my TV have enough...

cheers,
bigcheese
the audio output from tv is not the best way to get the best aq. here is your alternative- HDMI 5x1 5 Port Switch/Switcher with IR Remote Support 3D
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for all your suggestions...
However this id only a compromis not a best suiting solution for me...
The best way would be to say in xbmc to use different output device.

cheers,
bigcheese
Yes, I am looking for this too. In my case I have my HTPC connected via HDMI, but my amp will not output audio out zone 2 unless it is optical/coax/analog. I would love to find a way to use both analog and HDMI at the same time so I can pipe the music to my patio.
Most amps have a pre-out FR/FL that you then patch into your Zone 2 FR/FL.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
This can be achieved using the [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)...

My friend is an audiophile and wanted to be able to use a high-end DAC for lossless playback of music and an AV receiver (via HDMI) for surround sound for Movies. Using the above patch I was able to configure XBMC to use both and he simply turns either the DAC or AV receiver on depending what he is listening to.

NOTE: Depending on the OS platform you may need to compile XBMC with the patch as I had to for OSX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different Audio Output Devices for Movies and Music?1