• 1(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
installing now and attempting.
hey guess what ... i tried it Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
How is it supposed to work? Looks like it's an output only feature... i.e. play music from XBMC to speakers connected to an Airport Express for instance.

Re: input, I tried playing iTunes from a Mac to the atv2 and after about 1:50 into a song XBMC exits and back to the Apple TV menu it goes.
jd2157 Wrote:Re: input, I tried playing iTunes from a Mac to the atv2 and after about 1:50 into a song XBMC exits and back to the Apple TV menu it goes.

Can you post the full log?

p.s. nice to see another eastern canuck....bluenoser by any chance? Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
jd2157: you did what? Play music from itunes? The XBMC even shouldn't appear in itunes. I haven't implemented the music part yet.

As of now - playback of videos and pictures from your iPhone/iPad/iDevice to XBMC is supported (even from youtube links). No music yet.

I don't get how you did it even showup on itunes ... or did you just stream to your atv2 directly?

First you have to activate the airplay option in XBMC under System->Network. After that in your video and picture apps the new airplay target XBMC@hostname will appear. This is the XBMC instance then and you can stream to it.

If you stream to your normal ATV2 target while XBMC is running - it will crash. Nothing i can do about that ever.

So since iTunes doesn't support streaming of video. For now the Airplay option is only usable via original iDevices - or by using third party software (i.e. airflick for mac osx - and i bet there are others for the other platforms aswell).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
For me its working great with streaming videos from IPad or IPhone to the XBMC.
Memphiz Wrote:As of now - playback of videos and pictures from your iPhone/iPad/iDevice to XBMC is supported (even from youtube links). No music yet.

Hey this is great, tried it and it is just as responsive as apples implementation. Love your work!
How do you get the commits to your Appletv I would love to try this.

Do I compile from source?
thanks memphiz ... waiting idly for music function =)
This is awesome... thanks heaps, works beautifully Smile
Look at the sticky for instructions on how to install the nightly. The latest builds have the Airplay commits included. And it works wonderfully. Make sure to enable this functionality from the Networks Settings of XBMC.
works well indeed! thought i do get a few crashes Sad

is there any way to get into a visualizer or a "playing now" via airplay?
I checked in my xbmc, I could not find the airplay option on the network. I'm using the pre-Eden from August 25, or this only for Apple TV?
kelix Wrote:works well indeed! thought i do get a few crashes Sad

is there any way to get into a visualizer or a "playing now" via airplay?

music streaming hasn't been implemented so you must be using the native atv airplay. that'll be why it's crashing too.
kim1406 Wrote:I checked in my xbmc, I could not find the airplay option on the network. I'm using the pre-Eden from August 25, or this only for Apple TV?

its for osx and ios and linux ... so if you don't use windows - you might not have done the installation right or if you use linux maybe the nightly from 25.8. doesn't include it yet ... try a newer one then
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260