• 7(current)
XBMC Slim-2100
(2012-05-04, 16:15)CpTHOOK Wrote: Image

Loving this new set-up! But of course I have to describe just a few issues..

First, the CPU cooler recommended by BluRay is awesome. If fits in the case perfectly...BUT, it is too low-profile and wide to fit two memory sticks. SO, I only have one slot filled with a 4gb corsair. See arrow pointing to slot!
You should be fine w/ 1x 4GB stick.....it's always tough to fit everything in a very tiny case. The case looks awsome.......
(2012-05-04, 16:15)CpTHOOK Wrote: Second, If anyone is planning to use this case, you need to be aware that the CPU male power connector will not reach to the CPU female on MOBO. So, you will have to purchase an extender as I have outlined with red arrow. Why Antec made the connector so short is beyond me but no matter!!
I agreed that they should have made the connector a little longer, but Fry's Electronics is your friend.....it's too bad that it is 40 minutes away from me, and I wish that they have one closer to me....

How is the performance of the i3 in the new case? Have you try to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with HD2000?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Good job hook! time to drink! watch a vid!
(2012-05-04, 19:09)bluray Wrote: How is the performance of the i3 in the new case? Have you try to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with HD2000?

Performance is pretty stellar, but remember, this build is for wifey in bedroom. Only hooked up to Sanyo 720p set using stock speakers. I did however try and play a few HD Audio MKV 1080p tracks through Pioneer receiver using Daniela's build, but ran into the same issues with TrueHD and the audio dropouts every few minutes or so. I tried to use the same audio set-up as I'm using with my "A6 Pack-150" build but those configurations did not work off top and I did not waste anymore effort since the build was moving into wifey sanctuary anyway!

BUT....once the XBMC Slim-2100 build was connected in her room and I configured the XBMC android RC app on her cell she was more than happy...so as you can guess, I should be happy all weekend..Tongue

Thanks again for the cooler recommendation...it works GREAT!...and it's silent enough to leave on all the time, even when sleeping, and small/sexy enough to leave exposed below TV set(Wife wouldn't have the Sugo exposed like that!)

.....so, I'm done spending on XBMC for a good while! I still have one more XBMC project left tho', the ATV3 I bought over a month ago is still sitting in my closet UN-opened until JB is finally released. I wanted to get the ATV3 when they first came out to secure the JB with the current IOS. Those who wait until a JB is finally released B4 purchasing may be disappointed, as Apple will surely ship new ATV3's with up-to-date firmware that will be immune to the upcoming IOS JB if/when it's finally released. Some say it may be months B4 a JB finally drops, but I'm patient!!
(2012-05-04, 19:36)Beer40oz Wrote: Good job hook! time to drink! watch a vid!

Mannnn, I thought you went Sober, so I did too....HAHAHARofl...NOT!! Margaritas and XBMC all night bro!!
(2012-05-05, 02:17)CpTHOOK Wrote: BUT....once the XBMC Slim-2100 build was connected in her room and I configured the XBMC android RC app on her cell she was more than happy...so as you can guess, I should be happy all weekend..Tongue
As long as the wife happy, that is all it matter.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hook tell me please....

How loud is the antec power supply in the 300-150? how many feet can you hear it with everything off?

That little fan....

I am thinking of building my new desktop with this case and stock cooler....

and a A8 100W

And under load?
Another thing.... you think you can take off your FAN cage like I did and have good temps? Maybe you can try it for me if you can.
Good source on the Antec 300-150 power supply.....

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage...Review/934

what I dont get if you look close at it it says MAX LOAD 65W?
(2012-05-23, 01:51)Beer40oz Wrote: Hook tell me please....

How loud is the antec power supply in the 300-150? how many feet can you hear it with everything off?

Can't hear the fan from the PSU! The only sound coming from my 150 build is from the exhaust fan, but when set to the lowest setting, you would have to be directly in front of it to hear anything. Antec designed this case extremely well!

(2012-05-23, 01:51)Beer40oz Wrote: Another thing.... you think you can take off your FAN cage like I did and have good temps? Maybe you can try it for me if you can.

Oh no boss... your my bro, but I aint touchin' this build. One of the most efficient, speedy and solid builds I've ever undertaken. Perfect in my opinion, especially with my Adesso remote! Temps aren't as low as yours but so what.. they don't get above 45c unless you're multitasking and CPU load is above 50%. XBMC.....no more than 45c and that only when room temps are high....over 80-85F!

(2012-05-23, 01:51)Beer40oz Wrote: what I dont get if you look close at it it says MAX LOAD 65W?

I beg to differ! If that were the case, you would hear about that in the NewEgg reviews and here on XBMC. Do your research of course, but this case is a no-brainer for a SFF HTPC! 150w is the rating...and I believe this even your site confirms the rating. Although I havnt had to push it that far, but I have gone above the 65W threshold... Take some time to search XBMC for discrepancies with this case and it's internal PSU and post them! Just beware that the info you find will be specific to XBMC and HTPC use.....not for desktop. Desktop loads will of course be much heavier and may require additional PSU resources beyond 150w
Hey Carnal.... I did my research....

Look like the 300-150 is fine for some high end stuff....
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1490163&page=2

Now the question is:

AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU

It does not come with a heat sink.... the one that comes with the heat sink is $20 bucks more rather spend it on a aftermarket cooler.....

So what cooler you think fits the antec 300-150 since you said you could not fit the BIG shuriken because of the PSU......

You think the Scythe SCKZT-1000 80mm will fit?

Or? Rofl

Lla sabes que onda!
Btw! the You think the Scythe SCKZT-1000 80mm

How's the sound? you own it .....RPM's flow at?
Oh man.... you can only fit one stick of RAM?
It looks like the new Scythe SCSMZ-2100 92mm Samurai ZZ Rev.B will be a winner.... Wink

Doh I don't think it will fit....
Naw bro.... I went LowRyder with the 1000 because of the ASK-110 case space requirements, and yes... only one RAM stick although our bro Eskro gave me a solution for two sticks.

(2012-05-23, 07:02)Beer40oz Wrote: How's the sound? you own it .....RPM's flow at?

The sound....LMAO, there is no sound bro the XBMC Slim-2100 build is absolutely silent, but I would put a heavier cooler on that A8...and would ask you to consult the experts on that one(Blu or Eskro). RPM's@2200+ keep temps around 35c, MOBO regulates speed on auto!
I'm asking you bro because you own it....

Thinking if the Thermaltake Meorb will fit the300-150?

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Meorb-...982&sr=8-1

I wan't answers from people who have tested and owned...

Sorry man the Meorb is for 65 W APU's
Looking at your slide show.... it looks like the stock cooler on the A6-3500 is almost going to hit the POWER PLUG....

And I know for sure that the A8 stock cooler is taller..... Sad

Arctic Alpine 64 Plus

Yup.....

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/52...-plus.html

Now I hope it dont hit the PLUG

What you think HOOK?
(2012-05-23, 07:44)eskro Wrote: Arctic Alpine 64 Plus

nice review of it here
http://frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2645

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slim-21000