ListItem.IsResumable problem. ???
Using Container[(id)].ListItem.X - is way to get to current item of a) container with given id b) current view container. I'm not sure if there is reason why we don't allow using shortcut ListItem.X (apart from mess it could cause to infomanager code or not thinking about adding it at all)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
The part I don't get is that this is the first item that I encountered that does need the container prefix outside of a list. Only one I know that needs it are the listitem(xx).thumb/label/icon items in custom 3d lists. Everything else just works without the container prefix outside of a list.
But like I said, if it works this way I have no problem with it.
It updates immediately after stopping a video btw, so works as expected.
pieh Wrote:@Big_Noid:
You can use Container.ListItem.IsResumable (omitting ID is fine if You are in video/music/picture navigation window)

@igotdvds:
those items that doesn't get are always same items? if yes - would You mind sharing Your database file or doing some doing some sql queries?

Anything to help. Shoot me a PM of what you need and I will look at it when I get home.
To learn more, click here.
Big_Noid Wrote:The part I don't get is that this is the first item that I encountered that does need the container prefix outside of a list. Only one I know that needs it are the listitem(xx).thumb/label/icon items in custom 3d lists. Everything else just works without the container prefix outside of a list.
But like I said, if it works this way I have no problem with it.
It updates immediately after stopping a video btw, so works as expected.
hmm, then something is definitely fishy here
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, located some weird looking piece of code that is behind this ListItem inconsistency - will ask here and there and we'll see if we can make it more consistent.

Hmmm.. It does NOT work if a video was previously marked as watched.

I'm currently using 3 state status - watched, unwatched and partially watched. Since there's no overlay for partially watched :p , I'm using Is.Resumable visibility check.

a) If the video was previously unwatched and I stop watching it in the middle status is updated as expected

b) if the video was marked as watched, I start watching it again and stop in the middle status does NOT get updated to partially watched (Is.Resumable = true) As a matter of fact, neither of the flags are being used - seams like Is.Resumable is not returning true or false in this case.

Igotdvds can you test it at your side?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Hmmm.. It does NOT work if a video was previously marked as watched.

I'm currently using 3 state status - watched, unwatched and partially watched. Since there's no overlay for partially watched :p , I'm using Is.Resumable visibility check.

a) If the video was previously unwatched and I stop watching it in the middle status is updated as expected

b) if the video was marked as watched, I start watching it again and stop in the middle status does NOT get updated to partially watched (Is.Resumable = true) As a matter of fact, neither of the flags are being used - seams like Is.Resumable is not returning true or false in this case.

Igotdvds can you test it at your side?

I know for sure that this is the same case here.

I do think I remember a time where an unwatched show wasnt showing resumable as well but I will double-check.

For sure though, a "watched" show started again and left "resumable" does not show the resumable option.

I feel like we're getting closer to a solution. Smile
@pieh

Are you able to reproduce this at your side or do you need more info?

Is OverlayResumable definitely ruled out?

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:@pieh

Are you able to reproduce this at your side or do you need more info?

Is OverlayResumable definitely ruled out?

Thanks.

Would it not be possible to make them one in the same? Could ListItem.Overlay return "overlaywatched.png" for watched and "overlayresume.png" for resumable?
what about item that is watched + in progress?

Watched + in progress = resumable item (partially watched, in progress..)

I have seen it was watched when I decided to watch it again. Since I already made decision to watch it again but did not finish watching, partially watched (resumable, in progress) status comes in handy.

As I see it, there are 3 states
- watched
- unwatched
- in progress
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

igotdvds Wrote:Would it not be possible to make them one in the same? Could ListItem.Overlay return "overlaywatched.png" for watched and "overlayresume.png" for resumable?

Well that's exactly what I was trying to achieve, but have to use visibility checks ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Watched items update just fine on my end, immediately after stopping the percentage played is shown (which depends on listitem.isresumable).

I'm against not showing the watched flag if I happened to watch a couple of minutes of a movie. The watched overlay is there to show you have at one time watched that item imo.
I agree with Big_Noid. I prefer to always see whether I have once watched a video or not independant of whether I started to watch it again. So for me Watched and Resumable do not exclude each other.

One reason for this is that I often have to start watching some movie or episode for development/debugging purposes and I don't want to "loose" the watched flag on it just because I started it again although I didn't even watch it for real the second time.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK, let's have OverlayPartiallyWatched for

Item is !Watched + IsResumable

then.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.IsResumable problem. ???0