• 10(current)
[RELEASE] X10 - lights (Domotica Commander)
Shoop_NL: Werkt PERFECT!! Domoticz wordt goed ondersteund. Play/Pauze/Stop werkt allemaal op twee kaku schakelaars!
Shoop_NL: I'm 500% happy with what you've accomplished, but allow me some suggestions for future extensions:

1) 100% Freeformat commands attached to a broader set of XBMC events or non events (like idle). I would like to turn my amp off after some idle time or at a certain time (at 2 am as an example) to make sure no energy is wasted and as I have a very good, but very old amp, I need to send out an IR command (using an Iguanaworks LIRC IR blaster). It would be impossible for you to accommodate every non-domotica tool, but allowing for a free-format item would address that.
2) Extension of events to hook commands to.

Again: thanks very much for your effort!
(2013-06-25, 14:31)finalcut62 Wrote: Shoop_NL: I'm 500% happy with what you've accomplished, but allow me some suggestions for future extensions:

1) 100% Freeformat commands attached to a broader set of XBMC events or non events (like idle). I would like to turn my amp off after some idle time or at a certain time (at 2 am as an example) to make sure no energy is wasted and as I have a very good, but very old amp, I need to send out an IR command (using an Iguanaworks LIRC IR blaster). It would be impossible for you to accommodate every non-domotica tool, but allowing for a free-format item would address that.

I have added your suggestions to the wish list
My remarks to your suggestions are;
1) for item 1 xbmc should always be running, else the add-on will not be active
2) Can you explain (or give an example) what you mean by this?
(2013-06-26, 18:59)Shoop_NL Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 14:31)finalcut62 Wrote: Shoop_NL: I'm 500% happy with what you've accomplished, but allow me some suggestions for future extensions:

Re 1): yes, XBMC is the main machine that is always running. As this is becoming the central system controlling most of the other devices, keeping it running only makes sense. For instance, I would like XBMC to turn off the beamer (IR) and the amp (also IR) after some idle time, and turn them on after detecting user activity (cursor movement, or even a client becoming active). I was running XBMC on a Raspberry, but performance was just a little too low. Now it's running on a nuc and it's doing just fine.

Re 2): With this I mean being able to activate a total 'light shutdown' after some idle time, saving energy. In my house, the home theatre is indeed a home theatre: it serves no other function as it is built in our cellar. The kids are really amazed by the lights turning off and on, but I like to make sure all electronic components get switched off. For this, I would need to send a separate command line function to either the IR blaster directly or through another device somewhere on the network.

Actually: I just thought that instead of your add-on being just for domotics, it could also very well be used as a universal XBMC extension framework for end users. I found building my own scripts WAY too hard for my capabilities, but would be capable of extending your work. I found little or no other addons that performed the same functions in such a structured and open way as your excellent script!!!

Additionally: Wouldn't it be cool to dim down to zero (instead of turning off) on 'play', simulating the lights turning down in the cinema when starting the movie? ;-)
(2013-06-26, 22:04)finalcut62 Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 18:59)Shoop_NL Wrote:

Re 1): yes, XBMC is the main machine that is always running. As this is becoming the central system controlling most of the other devices, keeping it running only makes sense. For instance, I would like XBMC to turn off the beamer (IR) and the amp (also IR) after some idle time, and turn them on after detecting user activity (cursor movement, or even a client becoming active). I was running XBMC on a Raspberry, but performance was just a little too low. Now it's running on a nuc and it's doing just fine.

Re 2): With this I mean being able to activate a total 'light shutdown' after some idle time, saving energy. In my house, the home theatre is indeed a home theatre: it serves no other function as it is built in our cellar. The kids are really amazed by the lights turning off and on, but I like to make sure all electronic components get switched off. For this, I would need to send a separate command line function to either the IR blaster directly or through another device somewhere on the network.

Actually: I just thought that instead of your add-on being just for domotics, it could also very well be used as a universal XBMC extension framework for end users. I found building my own scripts WAY too hard for my capabilities, but would be capable of extending your work. I found little or no other addons that performed the same functions in such a structured and open way as your excellent script!!!

Additionally: Wouldn't it be cool to dim down to zero (instead of turning off) on 'play', simulating the lights turning down in the cinema when starting the movie? ;-)

Thanx for your info (these are very interesting ideas), it is clear to me now, I will see what I can do.
It sounds like you have a similar setup as me,I also have my new home Cinema in a seperate room, also the cellar ;-)
here you can see my old setup: home cinema slideshow
(which was intgrated in the bedroom)
Currently I am extending my home automation throughout my new house, for that I was planning to build a domotica server with Domoticz as control software for my device's.

Another limitation that the Add-on has, is that it is only able to configure 5 device's.
So I am currently trying to find out how I can extend the amount of devices dynamicaly.
(it is not so difficult to extend this amount to fixed value of 10 or 20 devices, but dynamically.....)

For your additional remark, all I can say is that I use the DIM to value 0 on the play event,and it Dims the lights form the value where they are to 0
(maybe this depends on the application you use, because they decide how the device is controled).
so this should already work, but you should not use the OFF command. on the play event.
You can even set a free command on the event, take a look at the manual.

Also for creating an add-on i just used the Reference documents [6] and [7] from the manual to create this add-on.

Regards
(2013-06-28, 10:59)Shoop_NL Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 22:04)finalcut62 Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 18:59)Shoop_NL Wrote: I have added your suggestions to the wish list

Thanx for your info (these are very interesting ideas), it is clear to me now, I will see what I can do.
It sounds like you have a similar setup as me,I also have my new home Cinema in a seperate room, also the cellar ;-)
here you can see my old setup: home cinema slideshow
(which was intgrated in the bedroom)
Currently I am extending my home automation throughout my new house, for that I was planning to build a domotica server with Domoticz as control software for my device's.

Another limitation that the Add-on has, is that it is only able to configure 5 device's.
So I am currently trying to find out how I can extend the amount of devices dynamicaly.
(it is not so difficult to extend this amount to fixed value of 10 or 20 devices, but dynamically.....)

For your additional remark, all I can say is that I use the DIM to value 0 on the play event,and it Dims the lights form the value where they are to 0
(maybe this depends on the application you use, because they decide how the device is controled).
so this should already work, but you should not use the OFF command. on the play event.
You can even set a free command on the event, take a look at the manual.

Also for creating an add-on i just used the Reference documents [6] and [7] from the manual to create this add-on.

Regards

Ok thanx - I will look into it as soon as my vacation starts! Which might be in 2014. This is my setup, btw. Still waiting for some parts, but all in all it's getting pretty much to how I want it to be!

Groeten!

Paul
I'm trying to configure so my lighting behind my TV is lit when I start watching TV with XBMC. I have set up following events for Device01:
XBMC Start Event = ON
XBMC Stop Event = OFF
Player Start Event = ON
Player Stop Event = OFF
Player Pause Event = OFF
Player Resume Event = ON
Player End Event = OFF

I cannot get any ON event to trigger when I start playback of "Live TV". Starting, Stoping, Pausing, Resuming of a "video" works good but not "Live TV".

My config:
OpenElec 3.1.3
XBMC 12.2 compiled Jul 15 2013
Domoticz V1.977

/jaytee
(2013-08-12, 21:36)jaytee Wrote: I'm trying to configure so my lighting behind my TV is lit when I start watching TV with XBMC. I have set up following events for Device01:
XBMC Start Event = ON
XBMC Stop Event = OFF
Player Start Event = ON
Player Stop Event = OFF
Player Pause Event = OFF
Player Resume Event = ON
Player End Event = OFF

I cannot get any ON event to trigger when I start playback of "Live TV". Starting, Stoping, Pausing, Resuming of a "video" works good but not "Live TV".

My config:
OpenElec 3.1.3
XBMC 12.2 compiled Jul 15 2013
Domoticz V1.977

/jaytee

Hi jaytee,

An event for Live TV watch is not available yet.
But I will put it on the Wish list.
Some other people have asked for more type's of events next to the one's for the Player that are now available.

Regards,
Shoop
Hi all
Is this for linux users only?
I have win 8 and xbmc will this work?
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
(2013-09-06, 06:31)Johan J Wrote: Hi all
Is this for linux users only?
I have win 8 and xbmc will this work?

This is an add-on for XBMC,
So yes, it will work on windows platform (this is described in the manual under the scope).
It should also work on linux and all platforms supported by XBMC.
Hi,
This looks very promising, I'm eager to give it a try but the download links aren't working?
Keep up the great work Smile
(2013-09-26, 15:35)JerryR Wrote: Hi,
This looks very promising, I'm eager to give it a try but the download links aren't working?
Keep up the great work Smile

Hi JerryR,

You were tight, download links were not working anymore.
I accidentally removed the X10-lights directory from my provider's site Blush
However, Everything is fixed, picture's are showing, Application and manual can be downloaded again (also from the archive)
So have fun with it.
i installed HomeGenie on my raspeberry http://www.generoso.info/homegenie/ and have lights working! but i can t get this working with this add-on
(2013-10-10, 20:50)nelsonamen Wrote: i installed HomeGenie on my raspeberry http://www.generoso.info/homegenie/ and have lights working! but i can t get this working with this add-on

HomeGenie is (curremtly) not. supported.
In the docs I saw that the api is callable via https.
I will add HomeGenie to the wishlist
ok thanks!! http://www.generoso.info/homegenie/automationguide.html maybe this will help
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] X10 - lights (Domotica Commander)4