• 2(current)
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update
Mhzzzz seas0npass throws an error on me during the ramdisk patching
Have to figure out why.
To be continued
jarvismeier Wrote:Problem solved!!! I ran seas0npass on my mac (osx lion) instead of my windows 7 machine and xbmc installed successfully.

Wait, what was the exact problem you were having? I have a PC of course, so I, sure things would be different, at least too some degree, but as I have my 4.3 blobs saves, I can always roll back if needed..

But man I so badly want the airplay mirroring that I'd be willing to do almost anything to get it working and be able to enjoy the benefits of the mirroring.
i got the problem solved using seas0npass on windows.
After the jailbreak you need to move the contents of Applications to /private/var/Applications

then rename /Applications to .bak or whatever.

Then create a symlink

ln -s //private/var/Applications /Applications

i installed xbmc and the latest nightly... and it starts... :-)
Wow. That's all?? Smile

Kids are back to school on Monday, looks like this is going to go like a dream Smile

So I just install xbmc like usual? Any problem with the non-nightly build?
I just started it dindn't have the time to test functionality
Will test in about aan hour.....
andsoitgoes Wrote:Wait, what was the exact problem you were having? I have a PC of course, so I, sure things would be different, at least too some degree, but as I have my 4.3 blobs saves, I can always roll back if needed..

But man I so badly want the airplay mirroring that I'd be willing to do almost anything to get it working and be able to enjoy the benefits of the mirroring.

The problem was diskspace....
And it works... :-) now watching a movie with XBMC :-)
mdiersma Wrote:The problem was diskspace....

Wait, so you fixed it by just doing the Linux command posted?

mdiersma Wrote:And it works... :-) now watching a movie with XBMC :-)

So it works just as before then?? I mean, I can't think of the last time I lost lower to my ATV, and hell I have an old laptop I can use sitting right next to it.

AirPlay mirroring is so so so so tempting.

Mind if I pm you or something if I run into problems? Wink
Uhu it was just that if you know how to ssh and move folders you are ready to go :-)
It is a tethered jb so you need a pc to boot the the atv

Pm is no problemo :-)

And use the latest nightly :-)
Yeah, that's why I'll have the laptop there and prepared Smile

I haven't done the nightly builds before, I was going to hunt down the guides on that, just because I've never done it before... Any quick step(s) on how to do it? =\
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

First the normal install. Then at the bottom part you can find out hoe to do the latest nightly
Just to add to this - I have it working too - it's my first AppleTV - and like a complete knob-head, I upgraded it.. (twat!)..
So - I have to make it work with the latest SeasonPass.
(XBMC was the ONLY reason I bought the AppleTV).

So - yes, it works.. Running the 20/11/2011 nightly and it's good.

I TOO had the out of space issue, I solved it in a different (but less elegant) way, as I'm a bit new onto darwin.

Instead of moving the whole Application directory, I just created /private/var/Applications/XBMC.frapplication and created a symlink to that from /Application.

commads:
mkdir -p /private/var/Applications/XBMC.frappliance
ln -s /private/var/Applications/XBMC.frappliance /Application/XBMC.frappliance

This worked to get the first install on, (with apt-get)
but when I tried to dpkg on the nightly, it kept deleting the symlink and installing it onto /Applications - (and running out of space).

I then uninstalled using apt-get, created my sym link again and then dpkg installed.. Hey presto, it works.

Question:
Are there any issues with moving the main AppleTV.app (in /Applications) into /private/var, or will that cause any other issues that I'm unaware of.
I think moving the whole /Applications is a much better solution if it's possible.

Comments please?
mdiersma Wrote:i got the problem solved using seas0npass on windows.
After the jailbreak you need to move the contents of Applications to /private/var/Applications

then rename /Applications to .bak or whatever.

Then create a symlink

ln -s //private/var/Applications /Applications

i installed xbmc and the latest nightly... and it starts... :-)

Dude, I was too nervous about moving the entire /Applications into /private/var - but how is it working for you.. any issues over the past couple of days?

It not, then I think I'll use this method when I upgrade to the next nightly.
Its working fine its a symlink and works just like a folder
If you install more through flash back you won't run into space problems.
jarvismeier Wrote:plenty of free space (6GB). i get this error as well after doing a fresh jailbreak on atv2 using the latest seas0n pass.

That's not why I asked for 'df -h' Smile I want to see how the disk mounts are setup. You should NOT have to do this.

Now, 'df -h' and 'ls -l /' please. Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2, iOS 4.4.1, XBMC Update0