Connecting XBMC to Roku using Roksbox
Connecting xbmc to the Roku through Roksbox should be as simple as pointing the roksbox to the proper file path identifying the xml file to be parsed. However... I cant seem to find the http file path to point to!

I'm a noob to Linux and also xbmc. It would be great to make my Roku play local media files from my xbmc!

Can anyone help?
Hi KirkGee,

Are you still having problems? I was able to get Roksbox connected to XBMC the other day. Able to stream and seems to work pretty well. I have not gotten the movie info that is scraped in XBMC to display in roksbox yet and Im not clear how to get this working yet.
Hi Whoppr,

Can you please elaborate how you linked XBMC from PC to Roku player. Can we play internet tv shows from XBMC in roku using the above link or just the local files on PC?

thanks, saty
satyaki Wrote:Hi Whoppr,

Can you please elaborate how you linked XBMC from PC to Roku player. Can we play internet tv shows from XBMC in roku using the above link or just the local files on PC?

thanks, saty

Hi Saty,

Sorry for the delay. I am just noticing this now. I have been using Roksbox to play movies and such that are on an HTPC I built. I have not used Roksbox yet to stream TV live, but dont see a reason offhand why it would not be possible. Do the internet TV shows you have already have a channel. If so you should be able to just add the channel to the Roku.

My setup at least for playing movies is to rip all my DVDs onto a harddrive on a HTPC. The OS on this is Ubuntu but this should work in Windows. One problem I had with Roksbox was I had to type in the IP address, so dont use the name of the PC on your network if you have done so.

I will type more, but feel free to PM me as well. I realized you had asked just now and didnt want to wait to respond
I am really curious how you managed to pull this off. I was able to log into my xbmc web interface from roku, but did not know where to point the folders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting XBMC to Roku using Roksbox0