Suggesting changes to pm iii
i just wanted to make you all aware of a discussion i'm trying to get going on how the default skin (pm iii) could be improved.

direct link to the original thread on www.chokemaniac.net

please reply in this thread, to keep the discussion in one place.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
first let me say that i think choke has done an amazing job with pmiii and continuously sets the standard for the rest of us skinners.

vnm: i actually like the different textures used on the homepage screen. i don't think its too busy, it gives xbmc a real polished and unique feel to it - something that is extremely hard to achieve. having said that there are a few ideas i would love to see 'borrowed' from other skins:

1. object orientated views - dvd covers for video, photo frames for pictures, cd covers for music etc. as an example the orbs by kotix does this really well.

2. a scroller on the homepage - i've seen wabid's solution, but i feel that it doesn't quite work. the list intrudes too much on the overall design and makes everything feel a little too crowded. maybe reducing the no. of buttons might work?

3. button spacing - remove the vertical spaces between buttons in each view (i know this can be done by modding the xml but its a painful process for those of us who wish to keep up with cvs changes).

4. change the homepage logo - this one is just personal preference, i didn't like the look of the circular logo so i modded chokes original design to include a black/grey version of the official xbmc logo.

whatever chokes decides to do with this skin i'm sure will look great - it always does! :kickass:
(ph03n1x @ april 13 2005,14:35 Wrote:first let me say that i think choke has done an amazing job with pmiii
oh yes!  :kickass:

Quote:vnm: i actually like the different textures used on the homepage screen. i don't think its too busy, it gives xbmc a real polished and unique feel to it - something that is extremely hard to achieve. having said that there are a few ideas i would love to see 'borrowed' from other skins:
that's were we have different opinions Smile i think it's too busy and too little "polished" Smile but hey, that's what this thread is for. let's hope choke has some comments on this...

Quote:2. a scroller on the homepage
he won't do it.

Quote:4. change the homepage logo - this one is just personal preference, i didn't like the look of the circular logo so i modded chokes original design to include a black/grey version of the official xbmc logo.
changing from that oval logo to something more streamlined could also do a lot for the overall impresion of the home screen.

Quote:whatever chokes decides to do with this skin i'm sure will look great - it always does!
if he decides to - definately!

edit: typo
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
i replied at my boards

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggesting changes to pm iii0