JSON RPC: "Write" methods
Hi,

It looks like most JSON RPC methods are interfaces to read from the XBMC database and there are none which write to the database.

Is this a design decision?

As a first, something I'd like to implement (for my semperXbmc remote) is the ability to "mark as viewed" a video via a RPC call.

Would that be accepted?
The work I've done in this branch will cover the "mark a video as watched" scenario: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...dia_update but it won't be available for Eden.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great (that it is planned/done) and Too Bad (it won't be in for Eden) Wink

Did you bumped the "JSONRPC.Version" in your branch? This way, I could already benefit from your patches while staying Eden-compatible
No my branch also uses version 3 as the next version (4) is reserved for Eden. We may change the versioning after eden to support "minor API changes" with a minor version bump like 5.1, 5.2 etc
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:No my branch also uses version 3 as the next version (4) is reserved for Eden.

Mmm... At the moment, trunk is using version "3", while Dharma used "2", and I rely on that.
When is this bump to "4" for Eden planned? I assumed "3" was actually Eden.

Montellese Wrote:We may change the versioning after eden to support "minor API changes" with a minor version bump like 5.1, 5.2 etc

Yep, good idea...
No in JSONRPC every odd version specifies a development version and every even version specifies a stable version (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...I_versions). The bump to version 4 will happen with the stable release of Eden but there won't be any more API changes till then so if your application is up-to-date with JSON-RPC from the latest nightly you can just add a check for version == "3" or version == "4" Wink
Didn't know that. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON RPC: "Write" methods0