• 28(current)
Artwork Downloader
Here is the log file http://pastebin.com/UxEMPw8b

Also would it be possible to have it ask what type of artwork I want before it searches. It might improve response time and cut down on web traffic for the sites.
TJ_98 Wrote:Here is the log file http://pastebin.com/UxEMPw8b

Also would it be possible to have it ask what type of artwork I want before it searches. It might improve response time and cut down on web traffic for the sites.

Asking before doesn't really matter traffic wise. It already keeps a cached version 24 hours. So if you run it again it gets the local data.

You sure it's no crashing because you are playing that video file?
And you didn't turn on debug log (it's in system settings somewhere)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Here is the debug log. The system crashed during the clean up step to the downloader. http://pastebin.com/UxEMPw8b

As for why it would be faster to ask first. It would only need to look for the type of file I want to change versus looking for all artwork for a item. Ans as for traffic, if i only want to change the banner there would be no reason to check for the logo on fanart.tv since they don't host those and vise versus if i want the logo it wouldn't need to check thetvdb since they don't host them.

I hope it these questions don't come off as an attack I think the tool is great. And I am in love with xbmc after using Windows Media Center in XP there is no comparison.
TJ_98 Wrote:Here is the debug log. The system crashed during the clean up step to the downloader. http://pastebin.com/UxEMPw8b

As for why it would be faster to ask first. It would only need to look for the type of file I want to change versus looking for all artwork for a item. Ans as for traffic, if i only want to change the banner there would be no reason to check for the logo on fanart.tv since they don't host those and vise versus if i want the logo it wouldn't need to check thetvdb since they don't host them.

This is still no debug log. But i think it's the known issue. Nothing i can do about that until this is fixed in XBMC.

Speed wise it doesn't really matter maybe half a second. And that would need complete rewrite of the add-on and i have no intention on doing that. I mean how many times are you gonna change a logo. Maybe on time or so.
The Log file is 3 megs and it won't let me create a paste that large. I thought I pasted the new version of the log but had the wrong file selected when I opened it. The debug log is 3 megs and pastebin has a limit of 500k so no log. Looks like I will just live with the 3 minute load time to change a image. Thanks for your help.
TJ_98 Wrote:The Log file is 3 megs and it won't let me create a paste that large. I thought I pasted the new version of the log but had the wrong file selected when I opened it. The debug log is 3 megs and pastebin has a limit of 500k so no log. Looks like I will just live with the 3 minute load time to change a image. Thanks for your help.

3 minutes? Eek

It just takes couple of seconds normally for seeking images. Only the download part takes some more time.

http://paste.ubuntu.com lets you paste larger logs
Thanks for the help but I a don't have time to run through and redo the debugging right now. I will live with it as it it might be the size of my library playing a part in the load times It very large and all media is stored on a server. The server is connected with gigabit ethernet to the wireless router but the media center is connected via wireless N.

This is probably unique to me alone. Thanks again.
TJ_98 Wrote:Thanks for the help but I a don't have time to run through and redo the debugging right now. I will live with it as it it might be the size of my library playing a part in the load times It very large and all media is stored on a server. The server is connected with gigabit ethernet to the wireless router but the media center is connected via wireless N. Library consists of 225 tv and 2440 movies.

This is probably unique to me alone. Thanks again.

Ah yes that can be somewhat of the issue. You can try to install the lasted one from here:
Downloads

That should cache the database query for 15 minutes. So the first time it should take longer and the second time run within 15 minutes it should be nearly instant. I can look for extending the 15 minute window to something like an hour or so.
New RC version:
Shaved a little time of the database query. So if you have a large library this should save some time

Downloads
Really like the addons, works perfect.

The only trouble im having is for a few tv shows it has downloaed the russian poster. Ive tried re downloading a new english one and also just went to options and chose a new poster but it never changes.

It currently says and shows the picture of the english versions in the small preview window in options but when im looking through my shows the russian still appears.

Any suggestions how to get rid of it?. I have also went to the 'extra fanartfolder' and deleted everything
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
Depends on how the skin uses the posters.
You may need to use "get thumb" to change the poster.

If the skin uses the poster.jpg you just wait around 24hours and it should have changed
Hello Martijn,

I have the same problem. The addon downloaded some russian posters. I manually downloaded the right poster with the "get artwork" option. I waited 24 hours and still, it's the russian poster showing.

I'm out of ideas...

Thanks,

LJ
It took almost 2 days but it's updating now!

Thanks,

LJ
Quick Question Martijn , the options to download logo.png, clearart & disc.png remain greyed even in Glass, convergence etc, main skin is Aeon Nox and I am on xbmc RC2 with AD RC2 ( it is 1.08 RC2 but like before it is still showing as 1.07 .. like before ) Is this just me or with everyone
That is for everyone. Stay tuned Wink
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18