• 52(current)
Artwork Downloader
Don't know if it's a skin or Artwork Downloader related problem.. Huh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1185778

(2012-09-05, 22:18)blinkel Wrote: Hello,

XBMC 11.0 and Rapier 4.2.0.

I recognized, that no fanart is shown in the movie library.
So I started the log..

Code:
22:11:30 T:3084   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 4d, sym: 0113, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
22:11:30 T:3084   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: right (f083) pressed, action is Right
22:11:30 T:3084   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\HTPC\Filme\American Pie 8\extrafanart\
22:11:30 T:2828   DEBUG: CTextureCache::GetImageHash - unable to stat url
The filesystem looks like this:

American Pie 8
|---- movie.avi
|---- fanart.jpg

No subfolder "extrafanart"..

What's wrong? Please help..

I checked other movies in the library. They got the folder extrafanart and also some JPGs in it.
After that I run Artwork Downloader, but no new folder or fanarts.

Maybe a bug in the skin? Maybe the skin should use .../American Pie 8/fanart.jpg when no subfolder extrafanart is found.

I'm not sure, but I think the movies without extrafanart folder where added while using Rapier Skin (I use Rapier since a few days), the other movies where added while using another skin. Could it be a malfunction with Rapier and Artwork Downloader?

Greetings
Flo

@Martijn

could you take a look to my Logfile. I have Problems to get artwork which is on fanart.tv. With automatic search the artwork downloader could not get the artwork and manual the artwork downloader dont find the artwork too. I want to get the cd art from zookeeper. At fanart.tv there is a cd art but could not get it with xbmc.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8110

Greets
Eisi
Have no one any idee ?

Greets
Eisi
In regards to the new, larger image-types (hd logos, hd cleararts), will AD have a separate option to enable, or will AD default to look for HD versions first, and then fallback to regular logos & cleararts if none are available? And will it overwrite standard versions if HD options are available (or have an option to do so)?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm having a similar problem to eisi above, except with movies.

I think that it is because the api for fanart.tv is timing out, which is why I'm not able to download any logos, etc.
For some reason after I have run artwork downloader i'm having trouble to remove the folders extrafanart and extrathumbs again, which has been created in each of my movie folders. The reason i want to delete them again, is because i want to limit the number of fanarts downloaded and generally start from scratch again. But when I try this in the add-on in xbmc nothing happens.

And when I try to remove the folders manually on my nas, I only get the message that i don't have permission to do this. The strange thing is that I can't change the ownership of the files to my administrator account trough windows (got win 7).

Can anyone tell me what to doHuh
Can i download all stuff to a folder i pick?
Cause now it downloads all stuff to my movie folder... (not even in extrafanart or extrathumbs folder)
I dont want it to be spread like that..
I want all stuff in 1 folder i chose

(2012-09-21, 11:23)Skank Wrote: Can i download all stuff to a folder i pick?
Cause now it downloads all stuff to my movie folder...

No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-21, 12:56)Martijn Wrote:

No

Will such option be available in the future?
Why would i need artwork organizer then if it just copies? (could you explain a bit?)
Also on the wiki it says folder naming
there it says
folders should be :
- extrafanart
- extrathumbs
Should i make these manual?
(2012-09-21, 12:58)Skank Wrote:

No

Why would i need artwork organizer then if it just copies? (could you explain a bit?)
there it says
folders should be :
- extrafanart
- extrathumbs

No. It works like it should and there is no other way
(2012-09-21, 12:58)Skank Wrote:

No

there it says
folders should be :
- extrafanart
- extrathumbs

Hi Shank,

it's been a while since I set it up, but I remember needing to create those directories (extrafanart, extrathumbs) manually. I have a script running on my NAS (where the media lives) every 15 minutes, which among other things, does:
Code:
cd /ZP-14T-RZ1-01/media/tv || exit
/usr/bin/find . -type d -depth 1 -exec echo "if [ ! -d \"{}/extrafanart\" ] ; then mkdir \"{}/extrafanart\" ; fi" \; > /tmp/mkfanart.tv
sh /tmp/mkfanart.tv

I also set perms. I'm sure there's a good reason I'm doing this - so I think you may be right; those directories need to be created. At least they were for me on my SMB shares.

I hope this helps.
Scott
(2012-09-21, 15:21)scotia Wrote: I also set perms. I'm sure there's a good reason I'm doing this - so I think you may be right; those directories need to be created. At least they were for me on my SMB shares.

I hope this helps.
Scott

There was only a problem in Dharma. Eden should have no issues if you have set your sources correct
(2012-09-21, 15:25)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-21, 15:21)scotia Wrote: I also set perms. I'm sure there's a good reason I'm doing this - so I think you may be right; those directories need to be created. At least they were for me on my SMB shares.

I hope this helps.
Scott

There was only a problem in Dharma. Eden should have no issues if you have set your sources correct

I dont understand?
Do i have to make extrafanart and extrathumbs now manually or not?
I tested using GUI method, and it just places the art in the movie folder without creating those subfolders

(2012-09-21, 15:25)Martijn Wrote:

I hope this helps.
Scott

What do you mean with if you have set sources correct?
Hi,
I've been reading and searching to try and sort this out myself but I'm not having any luck.

Does a base source folder "have" to be named either movies, tv shows, or music videos for the plugin to recognize the source? The only folder that isn't named one of those is the only folder I'm having trouble with. "Anime"

The folder has its source set correctly as tv shows, and the plugin actually finds the show on tvdb, but it always says 404. I've read in this thread somewhere that someone else with that error hadn't set the source so I wasn't sure if it was connected. The folder is also on a separate drive but I didn't think that would be an issue. Might I get some advice on how to troubleshoot further?

Many Thanks.
In the settings for the Add-on, on the corresponding tabs (ie. Movies, TV Shows, etc...) you need to ensure 'extrafanart' and 'extrathumbs' are enabled. This should simply create those folders in each and every Movie or TV Show directory.

This, however, assumes you have your Movies in separate folders for each movie (eg. \\SERVER\Movies\Dances with Wolves (1990)\extrafanart\). This is a direct example of my movie collection, and I didn't manually create the 'extrafanart' directory. If you don't have all your movies in separate folders, this won't work.

If you want to move them all to separate folders to take advantage of this, I use a program called Media Centre Master to manage all my media...

If this doesn't help, you really are going to have to play around and change things in settings, as it's very difficult to answer each and every question along the way when it should be straight forward and logical...
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18