• 74(current)
Artwork Downloader
@ XBL

Thanks for the work around. Not sure I want to go down that road just for one image. Messing with SQL databases is not my idea of fun lol.

Does seem odd that with 'Frodo' it is a bit of hard work to build fake TV shows where as 'Eden' was a lot easier in regards to images for FAKE tv shows. I Can see this becoming a bigger issue latter on down the road as 'Frodo' goes to final release. I Am sure there are a lot of folks that have FAKE tv shows for sporting events that do not get onto the 'tvdb.com' listings due to site rules. Formula 1 racing comes to mind.

Hopefuly the guys here that make this addon will see this and address the issue in good time (if a fix can be made/found that is)

Keep up the work folks
(2013-01-20, 13:17)Oddsodz Wrote: @ XBL

Thanks for the work around. Not sure I want to go down that road just for one image. Messing with SQL databases is not my idea of fun lol.

Does seem odd that with 'Frodo' it is a bit of hard work to build fake TV shows where as 'Eden' was a lot easier in regards to images for FAKE tv shows. I Can see this becoming a bigger issue latter on down the road as 'Frodo' goes to final release. I Am sure there are a lot of folks that have FAKE tv shows for sporting events that do not get onto the 'tvdb.com' listings due to site rules. Formula 1 racing comes to mind.

Hopefuly the guys here that make this addon will see this and address the issue in good time (if a fix can be made/found that is)

Keep up the work folks
+1

Short question - extrafanart images that are downloaded have no relationship with the internal XBMC Thumbnails database (i.e. TexturesXX.db) - is that correct? That means if I delete images from the extrafanart folder I'm not leaving stale/orphaned data in some internal database elsewhere - also correct?

Thanks for your help

(2013-01-22, 01:22)Samiad Wrote: Short question - extrafanart images that are downloaded have no relationship with the internal XBMC Thumbnails database (i.e. TexturesXX.db) - is that correct? That means if I delete images from the extrafanart folder I'm not leaving stale/orphaned data in some internal database elsewhere - also correct?

Thanks for your help

It's my experience the all artwork is cached here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video

A Clean Library; or upon deletion of the movie from xbmc; or upon deletion of original source thumbnail or folder does not clear the cache. I've tried this with actors and background fanart.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I am only talking about extrafanart though - no other art file (such as actors/primary fanart).
I believe it's all stored the same. This thread to give you want you want.
XBMC Clear cache
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I believe my initial thought is correct - that is to say that Artwork Downloader certainly provides more notification/feedback back to XBMC regarding the primary artwork types (see below), and no similar notifications for extrafanart images.

PHP Code:
if item['mediatype'] == 'movie':
                        if 
item['arttype'] == 'poster':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "poster": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'fanart':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "fanart": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'banner':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "banner": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'clearlogo':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "clearlogo": "%s"}}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'clearart':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "clearart": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'landscape':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "landscape": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))

elif item['arttype'] == 'discart':

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": %i, "art": { "discart": "%s" }}, "id": 1 }' %(item['dbid'], item['url']))
                        else:

self.fileops._downloadfile(item['url'], item['filename'], item['targetdirs'], item['media_name'], self.mode
Hello everyone!

Newbie question. As I added my TV shows to the XBMC, I ran into a problem of not getting any art. (all I have is those ugly rectangles). Now all of my TV shows are recognized by XBMC/TV scrapper (the imdb one) - I get plot and episode names,details, but no pictures of any kind. The only thing I get is the name of the show in nice letters (and there is a delay before they show up). When inspecting the directory(s) with TV shows, I found that ART DL made a directory in each relevant show 'extrafanart' but in those folders I found jpgs with dimentions of 1x1, 43 bytes each and that makes them pretty much unusable.

I do not have any .nfo (s) or any other kind of meta data, I prefer XBMC to get it (and would be happy with any general ART). I use Artwork Downloader 12.0.12, Frodo RC 3, Win 7 64, Skin: Aeon Nox. I believe that I have the right folder structure TV showname--->seasonXX-->episodeXX. I do not seek exclusive ART for my shows as I am not a collector but a user, but having some kind of posters/art to cover ugly rectangles would be very nice.
Change your scrapper for your TV shows to the tvdb.com

imdb for tv shows is a joke compared to tvdb.com. This will fix your images. As far as I understand, Artwork download gets its images from fanart.tv website. And that in turn gets it's "id" numbers from tvdb.com

imdb.com is Ok for moves. But for TV shows. You need to be using tvdb.com
Tnx for answering, I mis-wrote I have TVDB enabled, but the above situation persists. I also tried XEM scrapper with the same results. Any ideas?
i'm getting strange behaviour with AD and Aeon Nox 4.0.
I have ALL my movies and tv shows scrapped with ember with all the artwork i want to use (simply poster, fanart, logo, disc, clearart, .actors folder, 4 extrathumbs and 4 extrafanart).
i know a bit the problems/issues/behaviour for AD and the new Frodo way of getting artwork...so without seeing the logo, disc and clearart for my movies, i configure AD with "use local files" and then bulk download ?? ONLY for logo, disc an clearart. BUT, it downloads (and saves in movies folders) additionally banner, landscape and 5 or more extrafanart (i don't want extrafanart because I have them).
In setting i have restricted AD for only download that for movies and nothing more, but it downloads those files in addition. Otherwise logo, disc, and clearart are untouched.

any reason?

thx ... sorry for my english!.
So ,upgraded to frodo last night and am ready to load in all my custom artwork (discs,logos posters etc) - I have custom discs for my boxsets and wouldnt like them overwritten .If I choose to tick 'use local artwork' but dont download anything I get an error..So I need to download something. Ive chosen to download movie thumbs (as I dont use them) but still my artwork is not being displayed. If I choose to overwrite all existing artwork, any artwork found on fanart.tv will be downloaded over my custom discart (eg batman begins). Ive spent a lot of time and effort doing these discs and DONT want to lose them. Can someone please lead me in the right path.All posters,fanart,extrathumbs have been scraped by ember media manager and are all frodo ready (That is renamed) .All artwork is in separate folders according to moviename (as per wiki).
Please only post replies that actually have worked for you as I would be an unhappy bunny if I lose any artwork.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2013-01-24, 13:16)leepenny Wrote: So ,upgraded to frodo last night and am ready to load in all my custom artwork (discs,logos posters etc) - I have custom discs for my boxsets and wouldnt like them overwritten .If I choose to tick 'use local artwork' but dont download anything I get an error..So I need to download something. Ive chosen to download movie thumbs (as I dont use them) but still my artwork is not being displayed. If I choose to overwrite all existing artwork, any artwork found on fanart.tv will be downloaded over my custom discart (eg batman begins). Ive spent a lot of time and effort doing these discs and DONT want to lose them. Can someone please lead me in the right path.All posters,fanart,extrathumbs have been scraped by ember media manager and are all frodo ready (That is renamed) .All artwork is in separate folders according to moviename (as per wiki).
Please only post replies that actually have worked for you as I would be an unhappy bunny if I lose any artwork.

I'm not an expert, but from what I understand, there is an intrinsic difference between the way that Frodo handles/stores/caches artwork in a database, and the way Eden did it. You may need to investigate that.
I have investigated and have no concrete evidence has arisen - I was hoping maybe Martijn could shed a little light
EDIT:- Backed up my logos and discs (to be safe) and went ahead with the overwrite option and 'voila' all are there (although there are some issues) - which I can work on.
Thankyou Martijn for the addon
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
So I am not the only one with Art Downloader not getting any art on Frodo RC 3?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18