• 81(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-02-21, 05:09)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: I've noticed that error in manual mode, yet it still downloads the file just fine for me. Is it not downloading for you?

In automatic mode it flat-out won't download season posters, but doesn't flag up any errors on the screen in the form of dialogs. In manual mode it does as you say. It errors out but does download the selected poster. However, because the script is failing in some regard, the downloaded season posters are not linked in the DB/library. Doing a library update does not fix this, so I'm guessing the only way to fix the broken relationship would be to remove the show from the library, and re-add it. Hardly a solution.
(2013-02-21, 22:10)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 05:09)ynksbsbll2 Wrote: I've noticed that error in manual mode, yet it still downloads the file just fine for me. Is it not downloading for you?

In automatic mode it flat-out won't download season posters, but doesn't flag up any errors on the screen in the form of dialogs. In manual mode it does as you say. It errors out but does download the selected poster. However, because the script is failing in some regard, the downloaded season posters are not linked in the DB/library. Doing a library update does not fix this, so I'm guessing the only way to fix the broken relationship would be to remove the show from the library, and re-add it. Hardly a solution.

Same thing for me in full auto mode, which is kind of a bummer. In the OP it says "Season art cannot be assigned automatically", which I assume means getting the downloaded posters to actually show up in XBMC. I suppose if you're doing a bunch of posters at once you could remove/add the show, but I usually just go in and manually choose the art I just downloaded as only very recently added seasons don't have them.
The way it is at the moment, it would be easier to manually browse to the TVDB.com site, manually download the missing season posters via your web browser in one batch, and then propagate them to their intended locations, and then remove and re-add the entire TV show library. The errors presented in manual mode require more navigation / key presses than doing a mass download external to XBMC.
I seem to be having a problem. I get all my movie posters manually and on the HD stuff I add my own custom case to the poster in Photoshop. Because this includes some transparency I have to name them as poster.png. Unfortunately, when I configure Artwork Downloader to use local files and run it, it downloads new posters for all the movies for which I have poster.png. It seems to respect all my poster.jpg's, but not the poster.png's.

Since poster.png is part of Frodo's supported artwork files, will you please update this add-on to use them?
OK finally all upgraded to Frodo and trying to make sense of all the topics on Frodo artwork and AD. I've seen the numerous discussions on AD and 'use local files' setting. Am I correct in understanding the following:

Under 'normal' operation AD, will place a URL link to the respective artwork on fanart.tv when run.

When using the 'use local files setting', AD will not use your local images for disc, logo, thumbnail, clearat, etc, instead opting to download a local copy to the DB with a URL link. It does not do what it seems to imply, in that it would first look for these files locally, and if found place a copy in the DB. The only thing this setting does is place a local copy of the file it downloaded into the DB.

Did I misunderstand anything?

Thanks for the help,
D
Wrong
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-24, 11:06)Martijn Wrote: Wrong

Wow, thanks for the enlightening and respectful response Martjin.

I asked because I am trying to understand, instead of telling where my understanding was wrong, you chose to respond in a rude and thoughtless way.

You contribution to XBMC is appreciated, but it does not give you free reign to abuse people who come and ask questions in a well-thought out and respectful fashion. If you don't have anything to write other than abuse, then follow the forum's rules, and set an example as a member of the XBMC team and don't write it at all.
Hi,

Could u just write a code so that AD scans local files for artwork and then puts them in the db for caching. My video db is on Mysql and i m running frodo, my local artworks aren't being shown like it used to b with Eden. I would hate to redownload all the artwork again for my huge 6TB collection. I hv tried using the use local files option but so far nothing has changed. If thr is any way to get the artworks working again then that would b really appreciated.

Thanks...
(2013-02-23, 03:22)RockDawg Wrote: I seem to be having a problem. I get all my movie posters manually and on the HD stuff I add my own custom case to the poster in Photoshop. Because this includes some transparency I have to name them as poster.png. Unfortunately, when I configure Artwork Downloader to use local files and run it, it downloads new posters for all the movies for which I have poster.png. It seems to respect all my poster.jpg's, but not the poster.png's.

Since poster.png is part of Frodo's supported artwork files, will you please update this add-on to use them?

Any word on this?
I was about to say that I do the exact same thing and don't have an issue, but then realised because I pre-process poster.png files - which XBMC handles itself (doesn't need AD to scan and add into the database before it'll see and use them, like disc images etc.), I have posters unticked in AD.

If you're manually getting posters for every movie - there should be no need to use this option in AD at all.

Cheers,

Mungo.
I currently have tv shows sometimes on separate drives, as new tv shows come out the drive with one season might be full, so i will start a new folder on another drive with season 2 ect...

For example game of thrones might be X:\TV\Game Of Thrones\Season 1

And artwork downloader works fine gets all the artwork for the show.

If that drives full i might add season two to a separate drive

S:\TV\Game Of Thrones\Season 2

AD does not seem to pick it up for the second season folder on a different drive, since it has gotten all the artwork already for it.

Is it safe to say I should simply organize it so all my tv show seasons are in the same spot. I am guessing AD thinks it already has all the artwork for it, and it scrapped it all and is present on the X drive (logos, disc, fanart, thumbs), it does not think it needs to rescape it for season 2 on the S drive...Just a guess, but I am assuming this cant be overcome and i should organize my tv seasons to be in one spot?
@Ghost Pretty sure they need to all be in 1 spot. I remember reading another thread, same problem, no good way around it other than reorganizing.
It may be possible to have a library split across multiple drives if space is at a premium, but splitting individual shows across drives will be a problem later on.
(2013-02-26, 14:17)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 03:22)RockDawg Wrote: I seem to be having a problem. I get all my movie posters manually and on the HD stuff I add my own custom case to the poster in Photoshop. Because this includes some transparency I have to name them as poster.png. Unfortunately, when I configure Artwork Downloader to use local files and run it, it downloads new posters for all the movies for which I have poster.png. It seems to respect all my poster.jpg's, but not the poster.png's.

Any word on this?

Sorry but no. You can change it very easy in source code.
(2013-02-25, 03:34)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 11:06)Martijn Wrote: Wrong

Wow, thanks for the enlightening and respectful response Martjin.

I asked because I am trying to understand, instead of telling where my understanding was wrong, you chose to respond in a rude and thoughtless way.

You contribution to XBMC is appreciated, but it does not give you free reign to abuse people who come and ask questions in a well-thought out and respectful fashion. If you don't have anything to write other than abuse, then follow the forum's rules, and set an example as a member of the XBMC team and don't write it at all.

Well sorry for being honest and what does replying like that has to do with the forum rules......?
AD will always use local files first if you enable it. Like asked time and time and time again all over the forum.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18