• 84(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-03-02, 23:37)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 21:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: So at the risk of being flamed for requesting an enhancement, is there any chance of supporting the <movie-name> prefix when importing local artwork (eg. <movie-name>-disc.png, <movie-name>-logo.png etc.) from a single monolithic movie folder, or when downloading that artwork and writing it out?

In time perhaps although it would probably a hit and miss in some cases

Cool, happy to help test, though not entirely sure why you think it should be so hit and miss.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-02, 23:47)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 23:37)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 21:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: So at the risk of being flamed for requesting an enhancement, is there any chance of supporting the <movie-name> prefix when importing local artwork (eg. <movie-name>-disc.png, <movie-name>-logo.png etc.) from a single monolithic movie folder, or when downloading that artwork and writing it out?

In time perhaps although it would probably a hit and miss in some cases

Cool, happy to help test, though not entirely sure why you think it should be so hit and miss.

Because it needs to be exact name match and some foreign characters in filename will cause problems
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:May I ask why you won't make the change? I'm not asking for support of a special scenario, I would just like AD to support the same local files that Frodo supports since we are basically forced to use this addon. You say yourself that it's an easy fix, so why the reluctance? I'm not trying to badger you, I'm just trying to understand.

If I had any idea how to code, I would happily do it. Unless you'd like to explain it to me.

Any response to this Martijn?
(2013-03-03, 00:22)RockDawg Wrote:
Quote:May I ask why you won't make the change? I'm not asking for support of a special scenario, I would just like AD to support the same local files that Frodo supports since we are basically forced to use this addon. You say yourself that it's an easy fix, so why the reluctance? I'm not trying to badger you, I'm just trying to understand.

If I had any idea how to code, I would happily do it. Unless you'd like to explain it to me.

Any response to this Martijn?

Too much changes needed. iirc you can change the name of poster.jpg to poster.png in settings.py file
Should be easy to do yourself if you wish to do so.
Hi Martijn,

I can understand the pressure you are in and I do appreciate your patience. We are all here cause we love the artwork downloader addon and we want it to work bug free.

Speaking of, I think it might be easier if u create a new script that just reads the local artwork and makes it available for the skins to use. No lookups to the fanart.tv website is necessary. This would make it much faster for those users who have artworks stored locally.

This could be a temporary solution till the time you figure out how to handle the same with AD. I think it would have been less of a hassle had xbmc supported such artwork inherently but i hope in later versions support will be added for logos n clearart coz they hv been here for quite some time now.

Highly grateful for your contribution to xbmc. Many thanks.
I love this add on!! I do have a question.....is there an option to save the art received to the local folders? I been reading through all the posts, but I might have missed it...I used to do it old school, hit fanarttv for my art, scrape with ember, then add to xbmc....this is easier, but I'll be building a a 12TB monster soon, and that scrape will be the media apocalypse!!!
(2013-03-03, 16:44)TruGMR Wrote: I love this add on!! I do have a question.....is there an option to save the art received to the local folders? I been reading through all the posts, but I might have missed it...I used to do it old school, hit fanarttv for my art, scrape with ember, then add to xbmc....this is easier, but I'll be building a a 12TB monster soon, and that scrape will be the media apocalypse!!!

Enable 'use local files'
(2013-03-03, 17:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 16:44)TruGMR Wrote: I love this add on!! I do have a question.....is there an option to save the art received to the local folders? I been reading through all the posts, but I might have missed it...I used to do it old school, hit fanarttv for my art, scrape with ember, then add to xbmc....this is easier, but I'll be building a a 12TB monster soon, and that scrape will be the media apocalypse!!!

Enable 'use local files'

I have it enabled, but it doesn't seem to save it in the media folder...

Is this what you mean...

Go to system - video - export video library... it will ask to 'export to single or separate file' .. choose separate.. next 'export thumbnails and fanart' .. yes.. next 'export actor thumbs'.. up to you

Once completed, everything will be in it's associated folder, which you can browse to check manually.

Then, if you need to do a fresh install at any point in the future you can enable 'use local files' to have AD use all the media you just exported.

Hope this helps

This will export all media to the subsequent folders
(2013-03-04, 16:10)blondeshanks Wrote:

Is this what you mean...

Go to system - video - export video library... it will ask to 'export to single or separate file' .. choose separate.. next 'export thumbnails and fanart' .. yes.. next 'export actor thumbs'.. up to you

Once completed, everything will be in it's associated folder, which you can browse to check manually.

Then, if you need to do a fresh install at any point in the future you can enable 'use local files' to have AD use all the media you just exported.

Hope this helps

This will export all media to the subsequent folders

Boom goes the dynamite!!! That is what I needed!!!! Thanks!!!
Help needed please.

I have XBMC running on a RPi using Aeon Skin and I cannot get Artwork Dowloader to download any artwork at all. It keeps coming back with 0 downloaded.

My movies files are on a UPnP NAS drive and XBMC is pointed at the relevant folders so I can play movies. I followed the settings on page 1.

Movies are organised in folders by genre. Do I need 1 folder per movies file?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Being a NAS - does the user account on the system XBMC is setup on, have write access to the NAS folders?
(2013-03-05, 21:12)cryogenix Wrote: Movies are organised in folders by genre. Do I need 1 folder per movies file?

No, it works if you have a mass of movies in a single folder and you perform a mass update. Just don't enable "Overwrite all existing artwork" as this will download all the artwork using the same common filename (<moviename> prefix isn't yet supported). Also, if you click on the "Download Artwork" button on the information page for a movie, Artwork Downloader will download the artwork using a single common filename, which won't work for you either.

As to why it's not working, you need to enable DEBUG and submit a log - nobody can really help you with so little information to go on.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-06, 03:07)Mungo Wrote: Being a NAS - does the user account on the system XBMC is setup on, have write access to the NAS folders?

Hi Mungo, yes I believe so. I gave xbmc the same username and password that I use to access the NAS.
Thanks.

(2013-03-06, 04:26)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 21:12)cryogenix Wrote: Movies are organised in folders by genre. Do I need 1 folder per movies file?

No, it works if you have a mass of movies in a single folder and you perform a mass update. Just don't enable "Overwrite all existing artwork" as this will download all the artwork using the same common filename (<moviename> prefix isn't yet supported). Also, if you click on the "Download Artwork" button on the information page for a movie, Artwork Downloader will download the artwork using a single common filename, which won't work for you either.

As to why it's not working, you need to enable DEBUG and submit a log - nobody can really help you with so little information to go on.

Thanks, if you can point me to the debug log I'll post it.

(2013-03-06, 04:26)MilhouseVH Wrote:

Thanks, if you can point me to the debug log I'll post it.
Hey Martijn could you maybe re-think the notification after downloading is completed.
Talking about the "Please help get more artwork.."
It is pretty long, which does not have to be a problem, but without fast scroll speed and/or other addons giving notifications /interuption from other dialogs, the website name is not always directly visible.
Maybe you could start that line with the website name, like: "fanart.tv Help get more artwork... bla bla" or something like that.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18