• 85(current)
Artwork Downloader
Martjin,
can you please check this two threads as we are very confusing on the naming convention of the plugin and is creating a lot of issues for users.

forum post 1: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158473
forum post 2: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357542

I've read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...onventions

But is not really clear which formats are supported and why only those.

More relevant example is the season naming, what should be supported is
Season 01 (folder name for episodes)
Season 01-banner.jpg
Season 01-poster.jpg
Season 01-fanart.jpg
Season 01-landscape.jpg

WITH the space.

then obviously should work with this too:

Season01 (folder name for episodes)
Season01-banner.jpg
Season01-poster.jpg
Season01-fanart.jpg
Season01-landscape.jpg

or

Season1 (folder name for episodes)
Season1-banner.jpg
Season1-poster.jpg
Season1-fanart.jpg
Season1-landscape.jpg

Can you please help us?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-03-06, 12:51)m.savazzi Wrote: Martjin,
can you please check this two threads as we are very confusing on the naming convention of the plugin and is creating a lot of issues for users.

forum post 1: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158473
forum post 2: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357542

I've read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...onventions

But is not really clear which formats are supported and why only those.

More relevant example is the season naming, what should be supported is
Season 01 (folder name for episodes)
Season 01-banner.jpg
Season 01-poster.jpg
Season 01-fanart.jpg
Season 01-landscape.jpg

WITH the space.

then obviously should work with this too:

Season01 (folder name for episodes)
Season01-banner.jpg
Season01-poster.jpg
Season01-fanart.jpg
Season01-landscape.jpg

or

Season1 (folder name for episodes)
Season1-banner.jpg
Season1-poster.jpg
Season1-fanart.jpg
Season1-landscape.jpg

Can you please help us?

M.Savazzi -

The way I understand things - you can name your season folders Season 1, Season 01, Season1, or Season01 and XBMC will be fine regardless. For artworks, the convention will always be:

seasonXX-poster/banner/fanart/landscape
season-all-poster/banner/fanart/landscape
season-specials-poster/banner/fanart/landscape

regardless of the season folder naming convention used.
HA!
ok that was not clear to me!
Thank you

M
(2013-03-03, 03:53)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 00:22)RockDawg Wrote:
Quote:May I ask why you won't make the change? I'm not asking for support of a special scenario, I would just like AD to support the same local files that Frodo supports since we are basically forced to use this addon. You say yourself that it's an easy fix, so why the reluctance? I'm not trying to badger you, I'm just trying to understand.

If I had any idea how to code, I would happily do it. Unless you'd like to explain it to me.

Any response to this Martijn?

Too much changes needed. iirc you can change the name of poster.jpg to poster.png in settings.py file
Should be easy to do yourself if you wish to do so.

There is no settings.py file. There is a settings.xml file, but it is mostly boolean settings. No poster.jpg is specified anywhere. I also checked all the *.py files and none of them specify poster.jpg either.
Yes there is
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...gs.py#L167
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi all

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to locate a solution for the problem I have.

I recently had to do a clean install on XBMC and have discovered that Artwork Downloader needs to scan my Movie and TV Show library again, even though all the artwork are present within each individual folder.

Is there a way of avoiding doing this?, as I have a fairly big library and it will take a while.

Many thanks

Wiggo
(2013-03-11, 17:01)wiggo Wrote: Hi all

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to locate a solution for the problem I have.

I recently had to do a clean install on XBMC and have discovered that Artwork Downloader needs to scan my Movie and TV Show library again, even though all the artwork are present within each individual folder.

Is there a way of avoiding doing this?, as I have a fairly big library and it will take a while.

Many thanks

Wiggo

It's been discussed here and and in some skin threads, but there's been a lot of confusion and not a lot of clarity. You're pretty much stuck with needing to do this, due to some changes in Frodo, unfortunately. Make sure that you use the 'Use local files' setting and be patient. I also have a large library and it takes at least 5-6 hours to complete, even though I also have all local artwork too.
This seems like a pretty nifty program. One question - I do not allow XBMC write access to the folders where my videos are stored (had some issues with bugs or plugins eradicating files). Is it possible to have AD download all the files 'locally' to a central folder where it could pull everything by show/movie name, or even create a folder structure for that purpose if necessary? I have the 'Central Folder' option set and pointed to a folder, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
@m.savazzi

I believe it should be season1-landscape.jpg, I went through and renamed all my TV Shows - seasonxx-landscape.jpg and they didn't get picked up. Had to go all the way back and rename them seasonx-landscape.jpg...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
(2013-03-12, 04:52)mcborzu Wrote: @m.savazzi

I believe it should be season1-landscape.jpg, I went through and renamed all my TV Shows - seasonxx-landscape.jpg and they didn't get picked up. Had to go all the way back and rename them seasonx-landscape.jpg...

deh2k7
this is conflicting with what you said.

Martijn can you clarify how it works in reality?

M
(2013-03-12, 10:01)m.savazzi Wrote:

deh2k7

M

I have a theory (which may be completely inaccurate), that is based upon my usage experience in XBMC.

Once art is set for an item, it won't be re-assigned unless you manually download a new piece of artwork via AD that forces the change. Even then, as all artwork is cached from the remote location to the local xbmc thumbnails folder, and this happens on a pre-defined schedule, simply re-naming existing art won't reflect any changes to the way it's referenced in XBMC. This can be gotten around by removing the offending show from the library and re-scanning it, and any changed artwork will be re-scraped along with the show. Simply doing a DB-update doesn't seem to be enough, at least in my experience.

So if your library was built at a time before the two digit season folder artwork was required, then the chances are this is why is being referenced as such, and also why simply changing the file-name may not work. YMMV, This is just what I've come to regard as the way it works in my experience. It may be way off base, but it's the only answer that makes sense to me. I've had this very issue in the past.
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,season]$INFO[ListItem.Season,,-landscape.jpg] is the code used for season thumbs

$INFO[ListItem.Path,,season] translates to L:/TVShowsPort/Game of Thrones/season
$INFO[ListItem.Season,,-landscape.jpg] translates to 2-landscape.jpg
ListItem.Season always returns a single digit for season 1-9

So if highlighted on season 2 of Game of Thrones it'll look for image L:/TVShowsPort/Game of Thrones/season2-landscape.jpg

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
(2013-03-12, 10:16)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 10:01)m.savazzi Wrote:

deh2k7

M

I have a theory (which may be completely inaccurate), that is based upon my usage experience in XBMC.

Once art is set for an item, it won't be re-assigned unless you manually download a new piece of artwork via AD that forces the change. Even then, as all artwork is cached from the remote location to the local xbmc thumbnails folder, and this happens on a pre-defined schedule, simply re-naming existing art won't reflect any changes to the way it's referenced in XBMC. This can be gotten around by removing the offending show from the library and re-scanning it, and any changed artwork will be re-scraped along with the show. Simply doing a DB-update doesn't seem to be enough, at least in my experience.

So if your library was built at a time before the two digit season folder artwork was required, then the chances are this is why is being referenced as such, and also why simply changing the file-name may not work. YMMV, This is just what I've come to regard as the way it works in my experience. It may be way off base, but it's the only answer that makes sense to me. I've had this very issue in the past.

I believe that you may be right. I renamed all my seasonx-landscape files before upgrading and then running AD and had no issues.
(2013-03-12, 03:26)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-03-11, 17:01)wiggo Wrote: Hi all

Many thanks

Wiggo

It's been discussed here and and in some skin threads, but there's been a lot of confusion and not a lot of clarity. You're pretty much stuck with needing to do this, due to some changes in Frodo, unfortunately. Make sure that you use the 'Use local files' setting and be patient. I also have a large library and it takes at least 5-6 hours to complete, even though I also have all local artwork too.

Thanks for your reply.

I did come across a discussion with regards to the "Frodo" situation, so I let it scrape away whilst I was sleeping.

Thanks again.

Wiggo
I'm sorry if this information is in this thread somewhere, but I searched and flat out read about 20 pages and didn't see anything like this discussed:

I'm curious what the best way to incorporate AD if I was going to start my XBMC library from scratch. I already have a majority of my artwork downloaded into the respective folders by using EMM a while ago, but I'd like BOTH posters AND banners for each TV Show/Movie. I'm having some issues right now with my Frodo upgrade and am very close to just blowing out my MySQL/local/thumbnail db's and just starting from scratch. Here's my plan:

1) Delete current sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml and all files inside "Databases" folder, all Thumbnail folders in the userdata folder on all my xbmc clients and blow out all the db's on MySQL.
2) Open all XBMC's to confirm that they are empty of content, then close all but Main HTPC
3) Install and Configure AD on main HTPC client (Here's where I'm looking for advice, obviously I'll need to click the "Use Local Data" option but not clear on much else)
4) Close all HTPC XBMC and put a new advancedsettings.xml with appropriate MySQL info and NO Path substitution or <name> tags and an appropriate sources.xml into the HTPC userdata folder.
5) Open HTPC XBMC and edit sources, wait a few days
6) Put identical advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml in all other xbmc clients, make sure they don't update the library then enjoy my awesome, perfectly performing XBMC.

As mentioned in my list, I was looking for advice on AD and how best to implement it in this process optimally in a setup with MOST, but not all metadata already in each TV Show and Movie folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18