• 89(current)
Artwork Downloader
same effect for posters also :

- "moviename"-poster.jpg : 509x720
- "moviename"-discart.png : 720x720
- cleararts, logos and fanarts seem to be ok.......
@Martijn : Maybe this thread is not the wright place to speak about this behaviour. Which forum section is the most appropriate ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-03-18, 00:33)CaptainKen Wrote: Is it correct to assume that AD must be LAUNCHED in bulk mode each time any new movie or TV Show is added in order for the artwork in the local folder to show up?

If so, is there anyway to automate it such as whenever an "Update Library" is run?

Not sure if someone has answering you but I add that code to DialogExtentedProgressBar.xml, just after <window>

Code:
REMOVED CODE

You should remove the condition to integrate with your current skin.
Quick question: is there any way to make extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc) work with Movie Sets? It's annoying to see the placeholders empty for those.

Thank you!
(2013-04-08, 18:28)Balinus Wrote:
(2013-03-18, 00:33)CaptainKen Wrote: Is it correct to assume that AD must be LAUNCHED in bulk mode each time any new movie or TV Show is added in order for the artwork in the local folder to show up?

If so, is there anyway to automate it such as whenever an "Update Library" is run?

Not sure if someone has answering you but I add that code to DialogExtentedProgressBar.xml, just after <window>

Code:
<onunload condition="Skin.HasSetting(DownloadArtAfterLibraryUpdate)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, silent=true)</onunload>

Thx for replying with your solution.

What do you mean by "remove the condition to integrate with skin"?

Are you saying that this only works with Confluence?

I'm using Aeon Nox v4.0.9 and integrated this code where you advised. I changed silent to false so I could see if it ran after library update, but nothing appeared. I hadn't added anything to the library but I figured that I'd still see it run?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-09, 07:10)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 18:28)Balinus Wrote:

Code:
<onunload condition="Skin.HasSetting(DownloadArtAfterLibraryUpdate)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, silent=true)</onunload>

I'm using Aeon Nox v4.0.9 and integrated this code where you advised. I changed silent to false so I could see if it ran after library update, but nothing appeared. I hadn't added anything to the library but I figured that I'd still see it run?

Well, I meant just write that :REMOVED CODE

Sorry for the confusion. With the silent argument, you still see a small notification of the script beginning and a quick report one it's done. So, you can still watch things without a big pop-up in the middle of the screen.
(2013-04-09, 16:02)Balinus Wrote:
(2013-04-09, 07:10)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 18:28)Balinus Wrote: Not sure if someone has answering you but I add that code to DialogExtentedProgressBar.xml, just after <window>

Code:

Well, I meant just write that :
Code:
<onunload>XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, silent=true)</onunload>

Sorry for the confusion. With the silent argument, you still see a small notification of the script beginning and a quick report one it's done. So, you can still watch things without a big pop-up in the middle of the screen.

Awesome! Thank you!
I don't think that Fanart.tv server will love this kind of call.

If everybody make this and use automatic library update on start up, Fanart.tv will receive a HUGE number of request and Fanart.tv team will not appreciate that :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1214323

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1237892
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I understand that concern, and it's good that you have taken time to point this out to the unknowing.

In my case (and perhaps in many other peoples case) I don't have it setup to run when entering XBMC, plus I'm using local files. AD will only run when I do an update, and I only do updates when I've added to the library, which is when AD is required by design to run anyway. For now it is only downloading disc, logo, clearart and banner. I use Ember to scrape and soon it will do those as well, therefore even less will be downloaded by AD. I'm hoping this will be the perfect balance.

I wonder what percentage of people are not using "use local files", and therefore counting on AD to download everything?
(2013-04-10, 17:27)CaptainKen Wrote: I wonder what percentage of people are not using "use local files", and therefore counting on AD to download everything?

Quite high for those using movie-name prefix, certainly.

And even though I have local logos available for tvshows, I can't actually use those local files due to "Use Local files" also meaning "Write files to local filesystem", which is no good for movies (see first point).

I'd be able to use entirely local files if:

1) Movie name prefix was supported
2) The additional parameter was added which meant that "Use local files" is to only read local files, not drop new files into the filesystem.

Without 1 and 2, I'm having to use 100% remote files and fanart.tv takes a battering.

I can't imagine I'm alone here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

I started a thread over here where someone is kindly helping me get up and running with Artwork Downloader.

We have a question though. I have setup MySQL database on my Windows Home Server for use with XBMC. When I download artwork for a movie or TV show using Artwork downloader it creates the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders in the movies folder on my server. However the other artwork like logos, banners, clearart is not getting stored in the movies folder on the server, yet it is all appearing OK in XBMC UI (Aeon MQ4).

The person who is helping me has a NAS and no MySQL database and he said his logos, banners, clearart get stored in each movies folder on the NAS.

So is it because I am using MySQL database? And where is it storing them, in the thumbnail folders on the local XBMC PC ?

Thanks.
(2013-04-10, 18:38)cw-kid Wrote: So is it because I am using MySQL database? And where is it storing them, in the thumbnail folders on the local XBMC PC ?

Thanks.

Unlikely to be due to MySQL. First thing you need to determine is whether your XBMC PC is using remote or "local" content for the missing files - you can use this utility to view the urls of artwork (eg. texturecache.py jd movies <moviename> or texturecache.py jd tvshows <showname>).

If AD is using "local" content then for some reason it's failed to write the files to the local filesystem (or its written the files somewhere you are not looking). It's able to still show them to you because it's also cached them in Thumbnails. Obviously if they're remote files (on fanart.tv) then you need to enable "Use local files" and re-download them so it can write them to your filesystem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-10, 18:47)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-04-10, 18:38)cw-kid Wrote: So is it because I am using MySQL database? And where is it storing them, in the thumbnail folders on the local XBMC PC ?

Thanks.

Unlikely to be due to MySQL. First thing you need to determine is whether your XBMC PC is using remote or "local" content for the missing files - you can use this utility to view the urls of artwork (eg. texturecache.py jd movies <moviename> or texturecache.py jd tvshows <showname>).

If AD is using "local" content then for some reason it's failed to write the files to the local filesystem (or its written the files somewhere you are not looking). It's able to still show them to you because it's also cached them in Thumbnails. Obviously if they're remote files (on fanart.tv) then you need to enable "Use local files" and re-download them so it can write them to your filesystem.

I just check the AD settings - Advanced and USE LOCAL FILES is not turned on. So I need to turn this setting on then ?

Thanks
(2013-04-10, 18:51)cw-kid Wrote: I just check the AD settings - Advanced and USE LOCAL FILES is not turned on. So I need to turn this setting on then ?

Thanks

Yes, it's not obvious, but it actually means "Use local files if they're there, download and create new local files if they're not".
I should add that AD has been able to create the extrathumbs and extrafanart folders and content on my server, so its not a permissions issue or it wouldn't be able to do that, just wondering where the logos, banners, clearart images are ??
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18