• 103(current)
Artwork Downloader
I'm trying to avoid going to a setup where I need to manually manage the folders. I'm still figuring out how this works, but if possible I'd prefer to be using folders that are populating themselves with art as new series are added.
(2013-08-12, 14:37)exoscoriae Wrote: I seem to have figured out my issue. My primary scraper is Media Center Master. It has a "feature" that fills the nfo file with "-1"s to try to keep XBMC from re-scraping. This seems to also affect the artwork downloader, in that it is hung up on one of these -1's, and refuses to download any artwork for the TV Show or Movie. I disabled this feature, deleted out all of my metadata and art, re-ran MCM across all of it again, and then ha dto go back and manuallty edit all my sets back together. After doing all of that.... the damn thing worked again.

So ya, my issue was with my nfo scraper (which I am forced to use, since letting XBMC scrape my movies kills off any chance of using movie sets).

AFAIK EMM is not putting in a '-1', so that shouldn't be the source of my trouble.
(2013-08-12, 15:29)theredguy Wrote: I'm trying to avoid going to a setup where I need to manually manage the folders. I'm still figuring out how this works, but if possible I'd prefer to be using folders that are populating themselves with art as new series are added.

You can stills crape the movies automatically, and have them use the artwork they download. That is not related to the folder that you point your custom background art too.

For example, I have a custom entry on my xbmc using Aeon Nox that is defined as a video node. I can simply tell it to only show movies that have a genre of "family", or something like that. Then each movie shows the fanart that this downloader grabs. However, when browsing on the main menu, I wanted a set of images to cycle that relate to these movies. So I created a folder full of images and pointed to it. The various background options, iirc, do not adhere to the video node filter - so if I were to choose "live dvd cases", it would use my entire collection (I believe). This is a limitation of the skin, not the downloader. What you seem to be asking is to basically have the downloader *also* create a second folder with images from each movie, that way you can point your backgrounds to this. This would require the downloader to be aware of genres and sort downloads based on genres, while also creating duplicates of every download....and in some cases triplicates and quds (one for each genre a movie has). maybe I am understanding you wrong though. Either way, this seems to be more a function of the skin, than the artwork downloader.
I'm using Art Downloader to grab art for my new xbmc library but I notice a lot of the logos, clear art and disk art are in the wrong language (German) even when English is available. Poster art has all been correct so far. The default language is set to English. How do I set language to English for the logos etc.?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm sure I'm missing something. There must be some way to get Artwork Downloader to down load art automatically when new videos are added? Or else get batch downloads of missing art for all videos? Either would be better than manually downloading for each video one at a time.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-08-14, 04:08)wgstarks Wrote: I'm sure I'm missing something. There must be some way to get Artwork Downloader to down load art automatically when new videos are added? Or else get batch downloads of missing art for all videos? Either would be better than manually downloading for each video one at a time.

There is no automatic way but go to your program addons in xbmc and hit enter on the artwork downloader icon and it will search through your whole library at once and get missing artwork based on language selected.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2013-08-12, 14:37)exoscoriae Wrote: So ya, my issue was with my nfo scraper (which I am forced to use, since letting XBMC scrape my movies kills off any chance of using movie sets).

If you use the Universal Movie Scraper, or the tMB Scraper, you'll get movie sets scraped automatically. It's only the default imdb scraper that doesn't scrape movie sets.
Thanks for the heads up. I may drop my local scraper then and just start using that method. Media Center Master (my local scraper) causes me so many headaches. After my last run with it, XBMC decided to blatantly ignore about half the nfo files it created. Still haven't figured out why. A few months ago it started creating all the nfo's as hidden files for some dang reason that i still can't comprehend.
(2013-08-14, 07:13)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 04:08)wgstarks Wrote: I'm sure I'm missing something. There must be some way to get Artwork Downloader to down load art automatically when new videos are added? Or else get batch downloads of missing art for all videos? Either would be better than manually downloading for each video one at a time.

There is no automatic way but go to your program addons in xbmc and hit enter on the artwork downloader icon and it will search through your whole library at once and get missing artwork based on language selected.

I tried just launching Artwork Diwnloader and got a popup that it was searching for artwork but then nothing else happened. Maybe I didn't give it enough time? I waited 10 or 15 minutes. Not sure how long it takes to download art for maybe 20 or 30 movies?
It should show a progress window, as it goes through each show/movie you currently have scanned in.

Then, after checking each show, it goes back and goes through all the ones it identified as missing artwork and downloads it. This process should like very similar to when you run it on one movie.
(2013-08-14, 16:50)exoscoriae Wrote: It should show a progress window, as it goes through each show/movie you currently have scanned in.

Then, after checking each show, it goes back and goes through all the ones it identified as missing artwork and downloads it. This process should like very similar to when you run it on one movie.

I'm not getting any kind of progress window. That's what mde me think there must be some kind of problem.
Good evening wgstarks,

Could you please run a test defining just one source as your movie source with just a couple of movies in it, previously stripped from all fanart (poster, clear logo, etc) that might be present in the movie folders along with the video files. Define the content of this source as movies to be scanned recursively and deselect 'contain movie that matches the folder name'. Just make sure your video file follows the naming convention <movie> (year).ext, e.g., Time Masters (1982).mkv. Please make sure you can find the movie titles in TMDB and at least one name matches (original or english name) and the year. Make sure there are posters and fanart (backdrop) listed for your movies in TMDB. Your folder could also be named according to same convention, but in the meantime we want to just run a quick test and make things simple to double check whether the artwork is being downloaded or not.

Make sure your internet connection is working and proceed to update the library. If you have poster and backdrop then things are working properly. Proceed with artwork downloader to download any clear logo or CDart or extra fan art available for you movies in fanart.tv (make sure there are, so this test makes sense). Attention: 1) Make sure the option 'show cdart' is selected from the viewtype settings that can be called upon the left pane (where you also call the artwork downloader from); 2) artwork downloader will download the image with the highest rating or the latest image of each class; it doesn't distinguish between languages because there is no way to define such attribute within fanart.tv, as far as I know. If the process brings in a logo with words in a foreign language then I advise you to download the image manually from fanart.tv and add it to your movie folder according to naming conventions or use the built-in 'download extra art' from the Information pane of each movie. The latter allows you to browse all fanart available and choose the one that best suits you and would be desirable that you check it is working for you.

Report back on the state of thing.

All best,

CF
I'll try and set this up this weekend. I can say right now that I don't have any trouble downloading art for a single video except that I get the wrong language occasionally. I'll have to check the settings for "contain movies that matches folder names". All of my video names are in the format nameofmovie (year) videosource.ext (example: A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) bluray.mkv) in an enclosing folder with matching name. The only other file in each folder is an NFO file occasionally where xbmc had trouble iding the movie or special sorting or sets is involved. And an "Extras" subfolder that contains bonus features for a few Bluray backups. This probably applies to less than 10% of my collection.
(2013-08-14, 17:20)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 16:50)exoscoriae Wrote: It should show a progress window, as it goes through each show/movie you currently have scanned in.

I'm not getting any kind of progress window. That's what mde me think there must be some kind of problem.

If memory serves me correctly, I do not get a progress window. I get one showing that it is searching and another when it is completed. There is usually a long gap between them, regardless of how many new media I have added. I think there is a setting something like quite mode.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-14, 19:53)CaptainKen Wrote: If memory serves me correctly, I do not get a progress window. I get one showing that it is searching and another when it is completed. There is usually a long gap between them, regardless of how many new media I have added. I think there is a setting something like quite mode.

I started a download last night. I'll check when I get home from work and see if any artwork has been downloaded for the most recent additions to the source. I'm sure 24 hours should be enough time for a download to complete if it's actually running.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18