• 155(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2015-05-02, 12:08)capfuturo Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 07:45)Dave.B Wrote: lately I get en error messege while trying to download manually via gui. Doe's anyone know why?
Hard to tell unless you care to share the error message and a log for it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pgjg3xmih#line-7

I checked and the problem is also on kodi 15.0 beta. works fine on xbmc 13.2.
Hi,

I have an issue : I am using the skin Titan Media Browser, which use this module.
When I open the video view, all my videos have the same poster / fanart, but the synopsis of each film matches the films (I conclude that the library contains all the right informations from the scrapper).

I looked into the video folder, and see those repeated images in the folder, so I think by default it take for example the fanart.jpg of the folder for the videos that do not have yet any fanart. But as all my videos are in the same directory, it is not good.

All my videos are stored on a NAS and accessed through NFS, and the library is shared (MySQL installed on the NAS) ; I have 3 instances of Kodi running : 1 on OS X, 1 on OpenElec (raspberry pi 2) and 1 on windows 7, and I have the same results on each platform.

I tried to fix my library : for each movie, go in the information menus, then choose artwork, for poster, fanart, logo, disc, and so one... but I have 200 movies, and it is very boring so I stopped that.

Here is the result :

Of course, I do not have 4 times the film « 2 Fast 2 Furious » in the library neither 11 times the movie « A bug’s life"
@horfee, I can't tell what the problem is from the information available. Are your movies all in separate folders? If not, I suggest that, it seems to work better. Since you have a Mac in the system, I might also recommend using Vimediamanager. It can put your movies in separate folders and scrape them all, downloading all the artwork and information. Then you would just use Artwork Downloader to import the artwork to the Kodi database that doesn't automatically import, telling AD to use local artwork only.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Ok.

Obviously it's a bug, and I cannot move all the movies to different folders, because Kodi is not the only system using the video repository.
I will find then another skin not using Artwork Downloader, or maybe this bug will be considered ?

Thank you for your answer Glorious1
(2015-05-04, 14:21)horfee Wrote: Ok.

Obviously it's a bug, and I cannot move all the movies to different folders, because Kodi is not the only system using the video repository.
I will find then another skin not using Artwork Downloader, or maybe this bug will be considered ?

Thank you for your answer Glorious1

A proper log and further information would be desirable. Without that you can't just call it a bug.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi there,
I hope this has not been asked before. Is it possible to have the Artwork Downloader ONLY use local files? I have the "Use Local Files" option selected, however, if there is a file type missing, such as clearart, the Downloader goes out to fanart.tv and loads what it finds which is not what I expected.

The issue is that I am trying to use only HD quality images and Artwork Downloader does not have a setting for that. I am also trying to control the artwork used with Ember Media Manager.

Hope that makes sense....thanks
As far as i remember there is an option in advanced settings for using local file only.
Now, if AD doesn't find any artworks for the ones you setted up in the other settings, it will try to grab them from the web.

So, l my advice is to let the download option for all the kind of media enable, but to disable all of the artwoks in these settings.
Then enable "use locale file".
Doing so it will catch the artworks you already have, but wont download anything from the web.

If you use only the "use local file" it will not overwrite the artworks you already have but it will try to grab the others.

It works for me like this.

Edit: And double check the names of your artworks : it must be (i think) the same as the ones used by AD. poster.jpg, clerart.png, logo.png ...and so on.
(2015-05-02, 16:58)Dave.B Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 12:08)capfuturo Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 07:45)Dave.B Wrote: lately I get en error messege while trying to download manually via gui. Doe's anyone know why?
Hard to tell unless you care to share the error message and a log for it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pgjg3xmih#line-7

I checked and the problem is also on kodi 15.0 beta. works fine on xbmc 13.2.
I had a look at your log and see you are reporting an issue using the AD add-on with a development build. I can only attempt to help with official releases I am afraid.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2015-05-04, 21:04)Namoi Wrote: As far as i remember there is an option in advanced settings for using local file only.
Now, if AD doesn't find any artworks for the ones you setted up in the other settings, it will try to grab them from the web.

So, l my advice is to let the download option for all the kind of media enable, but to disable all of the artwoks in these settings.
Then enable "use locale file".
Doing so it will catch the artworks you already have, but wont download anything from the web.

If you use only the "use local file" it will not overwrite the artworks you already have but it will try to grab the others.

It works for me like this.

Edit: And double check the names of your artworks : it must be (i think) the same as the ones used by AD. poster.jpg, clerart.png, logo.png ...and so on.
Hi,
Tried your advice but it didn't work. I have the advanced option set to use local files and I turned off the individual file types in the downloads for Movies. When I try to run AD it gives and error stating that downloads are enabled but there is nothing to download.

Any suggestions?
Well yes basically it will do that : it won't download anything but only use your artworks. Wasn't it what you wanted ?
Now you must be sure that your artworks are named as AD expect them to be, as i mentionned earlier.
If AD doesn't grab your art, then the problem must be a naming issue I imagine.
I may not be explaining myself properly. When I configure AD so that movie download is enabled and all items under that are disabled i get the following error message:
"Faulty/empty setting combination found!" and AD does nothing. I know the file names are correct because AD does load them properly if I enable all of the artwork type under the download section. Doing that, however, results in the problem I was initially trying to address.

Basically I am looking for AD to have the following capabilities:
1) Allow for the specification of which internet source(s), if any, to use for searching for non-local artwork. For example, only use fanart.tv
2) Allow to specify to only use HD quality artwork. On fanart.tv these are the HDClearART and HDClearLogo sections for movies.

Thanks
Well, that error i never faced it, so i can be of no help here.
For the hd download, i don't know if it will grab the hd first (for clearat and logo), but my guess is it will first and/or use the rating provided by Fanart.
Now, as you seem to be (as all of us ;-) ) a little COD i highly suggest to use an extra manager to sort all of this and use AD only to create the link in the database. Mediaelch is a must in my opinion after tried all of them, even if it has some limitations.
HD should take priority and than best rated
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So I'm a little curious as to the proper configuration of AD for my scenario.

I'm running Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV, which you probably already know has very limited on board storage (8GB total). My media sources are on my Windows 8.1 machine, and are shared via NFS, with each movie residing in its self-named directory (i.e. X:\Movies\Movie Title (year)\), and each TV show in its respective directory (i.e. Z:\TV\Show Name\Season 01\).

Having such limited space on the AFTV, I would like AD to download extra fanart to the proper directories on the NFS sources, not to the AFTV. I've previously posted in this thread a little while back, documenting that the AD add-on would download extrafanart images to a \temp directory on the AFTV, filling up almost 3GB of space. Since then, I've restructured my source directories to have media files in individual folders thinking this may help my situation.

What would be the proper AD config settings to have the add-on download images/files to the NFS sources and their respective sub-directories, instead of downloading to a temp directory on the AFTV.
Hi, i tried a search to no avail. i have some movies with cdart option enable. i add new movies, they appear perfectly on kodi (nebula skin) but the cd art is not displayed. i have to manually run the "artwork downloader" plug in to download the cd art. Can this be done automatically every time i update my library. DVD cover and background art are correctly downloaded automatically every time i add a movie, how come cd art is not ?

thank your for your help.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18