• 163(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2015-08-18, 21:24)vbat99 Wrote: When you talk about music being thumbnail, do you mean extension being. tbn?

No, "thumbnail" is the type name for non-fanart artwork in the Music database.

Artist:
Code:
[
  {
    "artist": "Led Zeppelin",
    "artistid": 152,
    "fanart": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/678d88b2-87b0-403b-b63d-5da7465aecc3/artistbackground/led-zeppelin-4de50ca3eefb6.jpg/",
    "label": "Led Zeppelin",
    "thumbnail": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/678d88b2-87b0-403b-b63d-5da7465aecc3/artistthumb/led-zeppelin-4fbf5305b1765.jpg/"
  }
]

Album:
Code:
[
  {
    "albumid": 169,
    "artist": [
      "Led Zeppelin"
    ],
    "fanart": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/678d88b2-87b0-403b-b63d-5da7465aecc3/artistbackground/led-zeppelin-4de50ca3eefb6.jpg/",
    "label": "Mothership",
    "thumbnail": "image://nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/data/Music/MP3/Led Zeppelin/Mothership/cover.jpg/",
    "title": "Mothership"
  }
]
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-18, 04:00)aptalca Wrote: Sure, I can keep using it, but once I rescrape the library for any reason, I am stuck with the unwanted fanart.

Any ideas?

Yes, use a media manager that allows you great control over what gets downloaded and substituting unwanted art. The art is all local and it's all what you want. You never need to export the library, and you can rescrape the whole library without a worry.

I use ViMediaManager, but it's only for mac.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
I've put together a couple of Add-ons that add context menu items under the 'Manage...' submenu that fire off Artwork Downloader on selected TV Shows, Movies, and Music Videos. First up is 'Select Artwork to Download', which pops up a window where you can select each individual item. Next up is 'Download All Artwork', which searches/downloads all artwork for the selected item, as configured in Artwork Downloader settings. Artwork Downloader itself does all the heavy lifting, these just run it like skins might.

Edit: Changed links to tagged versions on Github.
(2015-03-19, 14:53)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 13:45)pauly3069 Wrote: Is there a way to get this addon to only scan and download for NEW CONTENT oppose to the whole library?? Or do you have to manually get new artwork for all new content or just overwrite all each time? (Im pretty lazy so I hate having to go into each movie or new show and bring up the context menu to get artwork)
Thanks guys
Really trying to get this figured out
But much love to the addon!

The add-on will scan your entire library each time you run it in bulk mode, but it shouldn't overwrite your existing art unless you have that option selected in settings. Should only download new art that complies with your current settings. The wiki has a description of the various other modes possible. Basically your choices are bulk or solo modes and individual art types I believe.

If AD would have an option to scan only the 'recently added' lists, it would run in seconds instead of hours. For users with massive libraries and slower CPU's this feature would be greatly appreciated.
(2015-08-23, 12:55)xbmclover Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 14:53)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 13:45)pauly3069 Wrote: Is there a way to get this addon to only scan and download for NEW CONTENT oppose to the whole library?? Or do you have to manually get new artwork for all new content or just overwrite all each time? (Im pretty lazy so I hate having to go into each movie or new show and bring up the context menu to get artwork)
Thanks guys
Really trying to get this figured out
But much love to the addon!

The add-on will scan your entire library each time you run it in bulk mode, but it shouldn't overwrite your existing art unless you have that option selected in settings. Should only download new art that complies with your current settings. The wiki has a description of the various other modes possible. Basically your choices are bulk or solo modes and individual art types I believe.

If AD would have an option to scan only the 'recently added' lists, it would run in seconds instead of hours. For users with massive libraries and slower CPU's this feature would be greatly appreciated.

I've had that idea for a while, but I haven't seen any improvement on this add-on, so I didn't mention it.

I know we can run AD for individual media, but it would be great to run it based on the recently added items, based on time range.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Is there any word on having AD be better integrated into Kodi itself? As I understand it now none of the extra artwork gets cached with the 'regular' artwork Kodi stores in the userdata so accessing it takes time as it must be read off all the hard drives if using local files, correct? This sure gets slow on devices like the Raspberry Pi which I can add plenty of fast access storage to in the form of SD cards. Just curious if there's been talk with the Kodi devs to make things more streamline?

Thanks!
Been mentioned before, use milhouse mklocal python script to get local art in Kodi cache
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-08-24, 00:12)vbat99 Wrote: Been mentioned before, use milhouse mklocal python script to get local art in Kodi cache

Is that the one that takes all sorts of configuring and doesn't work well with Windows?
(2015-08-24, 00:40)Dave the Minion Wrote: Is that the one that takes all sorts of configuring and doesn't work well with Windows?

It works perfectly fine with Windows. Minion user is problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Kodi caches all extra (beyond Kodi default/what scrapers provide) artwork that Artwork Downloader adds when it needs to be displayed, whether it is remote (http) or local. This includes artwork that it adds to the Kodi database, like clearlogo and landscape, as well as extrafanart and extrathumbs. extrafanart/thumbs display are subject to file system delays/access issues because it has to list the items in the directory before it can look up the images in it's cache.

I've just submitted a pull request to Add 'extrafanart' to Kodi database as 'fanart#', which allows a multi fanart display that doesn't need to hit the filesystem if the images are cached. It does add a plugin:// path, and I am curious about how quickly that responds on a Raspberry Pi. I need to add a bulk mode so a skin can expect 'fanart#' to have all images in 'extrafanart', but it's mostly down.
Well that sounds promising and certain is an answer to the question posed. Keep us posted!

Thanks!
(2015-08-24, 04:41)rmrector Wrote: I've just submitted a pull request to Add 'extrafanart' to Kodi database as 'fanart#', which allows a multi fanart display that doesn't need to hit the filesystem if the images are cached. It does add a plugin:// path, and I am curious about how quickly that responds on a Raspberry Pi. I need to add a bulk mode so a skin can expect 'fanart#' to have all images in 'extrafanart', and it needs a couple more tweaks, but it's mostly down.

Won't skins need to be updated to use the new "fanart#" type or plugin, along with a fall back to the old file system hitting method when "fanart#" artwork is not available? Skin support is probably going to be the biggest hurdle, IMHO, but creating the new artwork types is at least a start (I guess it's a bit chicken & egg).

Not sure why you haven't added extrathumb (thumb#) support as well. Even if the extrathumb artwork isn't ideal right now, having the new thumb# artwork types in the database might see support added eventually in skins - the artwork quality issues can be addressed separately.
(2015-08-24, 05:19)Milhouse Wrote: Won't skins need to be updated to use the new "fanart#" type or plugin, along with a fall back to the old file system hitting method when "fanart#" artwork is not available? Skin support is probably going to be the biggest hurdle, IMHO, but creating the new artwork types is at least a start (I guess it's a bit chicken & egg).

Not sure why you haven't added extrathumb (thumb#) support as well. Even if the extrathumb artwork isn't ideal right now, having the new thumb# artwork types in the database might see support added eventually in skins - the artwork quality issues can be addressed separately.

Artwork Downloader is set up so that by default it still downloads extra fanart to the extrafanart directory, so skins using classic extrafanart won't even notice. It is rigged up to a setting so it can be disabled if desired (I prefer remote artwork, with Kodi's newish setup with arbitrary artwork in the DB and caching it's mostly great).

I'm going to add a bulk processor option that will populate 'fanart#' if enabled for the media type, so that skins just have to update for the new style across the whole library, or based on a skin setting for a short transition period.

'thumb#' can still be added to the database by hand, but since Artwork Downloader doesn't currently download thumbs (which I'm pretty sure should be specifically video thumbnails, like episodes) I'd just as soon leave AD's behavior around them as is for the moment. Though I would be more interested in adding support for an API to get thumbnails (well chosen thumbnails for movies could be great flair), if such a thing exists.

If I get some more time I want to expand on Martijn's work in 'master' on changing filenames to the same naming system that Kodi exports to, '<art_type>.jpg' for TV shows and '<media_filename>-<art_type>.jpg' for movies (and probably music videos), as that will allow for some great simplifications in the code, and I'll easily be able to set it up to add thumb# or any other artwork type you may want to specify with a local file to the artwork DB automatically.
(2015-08-24, 08:27)rmrector Wrote: so that skins just have to update for the new style across the whole library, or based on a skin setting for a short transition period.

Obviously, skin support is crucial to this new method having legs. If I were you I would kick off a discussion in the Skins Support forum so that skin developers can start to consider your proposal.

However I think you're being a little optimistic when discussing a transition period, unless this becomes a core feature it's always going to be optional.
Ohh hey, good call. I did kinda draw a blank on the best place for further discussion.

So here's a forum post with more detailed information and a request for opinions.
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18