• 189(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2017-07-27, 15:48)Kode Wrote: I was pointed to this thread but haven't read it all.

Anyone having issues with downloading images from fanart.tv, we have been in the process of moving some of our infrastructure, the last 36 hours have pretty much been hell with regards to latency and images downloading, but it *should* be resolved now.

As to the API key issue, we have been asked directly by the MPAA to disable certain keys, in this case it appears that a plugin used the API key assigned to Artwork Downloader, so when we were asked to disable it, it also stopped Artwork Downloader from working.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

So does this mean that personal API's are no longer necessary for fanart.tv?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2017-07-26, 20:14)badaas Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 20:12)dRiiik Wrote: Hi all.

Does someone know why Artwork Downloader has become so f**** boring ? Rolleyes

Because it is getting incorporated in to Leia AFAIK... so ... maybe same with extended info script as that's gone vapoware too Wink Tongue

Anyone have more info on this? Has any of it landed yet?

Integration is always better, I keep on saying it.
(2017-07-27, 19:55)wgstarks Wrote: So does this mean that personal API's are no longer necessary for fanart.tv?

Personal API keys have never been required, they should be sent *as well* as a project API key, if no personal API key is sent you just have to wait longer for images to show up: https://fanart.tv/2015/01/personal-api-keys/ but what people are suggesting is to generate a Project API key as well, and replace Kodi's Project key with your own, not instead of using Personal API keys
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2017-07-27, 19:41)wallacebw Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 11:48)Reliant Wrote: Hi All,

First off thanks to shedrock for sorting out and telling us about the API and how to edit the files. This has got my Artwork Downloader connecting again for me.

I do seem to have an issue though and I was wondering if anyone else s encountering it.

....Removed content (see original post) ...

If I download a Poster or a Banner it is fine but if I select a Clearlogo or Discart it says it has downloaded it but it does actually display. I am using the correct APIs (Project one for Fanart.Tv and the Dev One for TMDB). I have noticed that if you select the Poster or Banner you get the thumb nails coming up along with the description however if you go in to the Clearlogo or Discart you get the description but not the thumbnail (see examples below)
Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what the problem might be?

Any help graciously received Smile

Cheers

Reliant

are you using a PROJECT API KEY for fanart.tv? Personal API Keys will not work properly. see my 'guide'. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2622487. This will ensure the files are downloaded. Sounds like you are, just checking.

Also, you may want to adjust artwork downloader to download only the image types giving you problems, and set it overwrite the images in the next run. Re-run the it, Clear SimpleCache by deleting -- Userdata / Addon-data / Script.module.simplecache / Simplecache.db and reboot. You may get a one time error on next boot from skin helper service, but the cache will be regenerated automatically and it won't happen on subsequent boots.

Yep, I am using the project key. Looks like the timeout was due to the changes they were making as this has resolved overnight Smile Thanks for your help, I will check out your other suggestions as well Smile

Cheers

Reliant
(2017-07-27, 22:14)Kode Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 19:55)wgstarks Wrote: So does this mean that personal API's are no longer necessary for fanart.tv?

Personal API keys have never been required, they should be sent *as well* as a project API key, if no personal API key is sent you just have to wait longer for images to show up: https://fanart.tv/2015/01/personal-api-keys/ but what people are suggesting is to generate a Project API key as well, and replace Kodi's Project key with your own, not instead of using Personal API keys

Yeah. I should have worded my post better. What I intended was- Do we still need to use our own project api's or will the kodi project API now work?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
The real solution is for the original dev of this addon (or somebody else, preferably from the kodi team) to get new project api keys from the affected services and update this addon with the new keys.

I don't believe the project api keys were meant for individual users to use.

PS. Someone from the kodi team may criticize this comment and say "why don't you submit a PR?" as they usually do. However, I think the project api keys should be controlled by someone on the kodi team and not by a random user like myself.
(2017-07-27, 15:01)wallacebw Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 09:12)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

What information to enter in The Movie DB to have a key ?

The original post has been updated with the info, sorry they were missing, my account already had a key and I didn't have those options when i made the guide.

Ok, Thanks !
Well, after following the guide it worked for exactly one day - and now I'm just getting info from TMDB but Fanart has stopped. Don't know if I'm the only one, but it is getting a tiny bit of a mess.
Same here, I was able to update some artwork yesterday but it soon stopped working again.

We really need things like this to be in core.
Got my fanart.tv and themoviedb.org API keys and edited the .py files. Cleared the simplecache.db and everything is working for me right now. Thanks!!!
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.
Could have been a caching issue, we had to reset one of the servers, but if it's not resolved soon let me know and I'll investigate, as for the addon, the developers will need to generate a new key.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2017-07-16, 23:55)shedrock Wrote: I have fixed it. You just need to......

Thank you very much! It works again.

And i agree with one of your previous posts. No need to post Logs (that will be deleted...) when a addon is not working for ALL users.

Just a shame that the developer is not fixing it with registering a new API Key. Would only take 2mins. This is one of the most used addons in Kodi and he is ignoring all the posts here.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2017-07-29, 01:16)OrbS82User Wrote:
(2017-07-16, 23:55)shedrock Wrote: I have fixed it. You just need to......
Just a shame that the developer is not fixing it with registering a new API Key. Would only take 2mins. This is one of the most used addons in Kodi and he is ignoring all the posts here.

I very much felt the same way before understanding @Martijn role in the Kodi`verse. Frankly the guy is probably quite busy with more important Kodi matters.

From the screenshots provided it looks like a majority of the new additions were finished by another user?? If you could either.

A. Point me in the direction of the user and/or code that's been updated I'll make sure it is committed to Kodis repository.

B. If the work wasn't coded, could you make a clear request list and I'll work on coding the updates... Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks a lot shedrock works like a charm and thanks to wallacebw for the API .

By the way I'm on Kodi Isengard with Aeon MQ5, I've set this to download all artwork : Fan art, clear logo, disc art etc but it doing this only when I manually browse to the movie and select mode gui

It would appear on adding to library it only downloads fanart and coverart, It doesn't get clearart logos or disc art etc.

Is there a way to set it to download everything when the movie is added to the library?

Thanks
(2017-07-30, 15:28)Roosvelt Wrote: Thanks a lot shedrock works like a charm and thanks to wallacebw for the API .

By the way I'm on Kodi Isengard with Aeon MQ5, I've set this to download all artwork : Fan art, clear logo, disc art etc but it doing this only when I manually browse to the movie and select mode gui

It would appear on adding to library it only downloads fanart and coverart, It doesn't get clearart logos or disc art etc.

Is there a way to set it to download everything when the movie is added to the library?

Thanks

You have to run AD manually. Poster and fanart are set by whatever scraper you use. If you launch the addon it will grab the rest of the artwork for all your videos but it doesn't run on a regular schedule. If you want it to do this you'll have to setup a cron job.
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18