• 5(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hi, im new with this addon and somehow i got it to check my libary and download all extra fanart and thumbs. But what i cant figure out is how to let the addon check for new movies/series everytime i start up xbmc. Because when i add a new movie it doesnt download the pics for it. In the addon itself i cant figure out how to check the libary manually.

Im using aeon mq 3.

Thanks for the help
I assume once you have added new stuff, just start the script and should update automatically.
Ajedi Wrote:Hi, im new with this addon and somehow i got it to check my libary and download all extra fanart and thumbs. But what i cant figure out is how to let the addon check for new movies/series everytime i start up xbmc. Because when i add a new movie it doesnt download the pics for it. In the addon itself i cant figure out how to check the libary manually.

Im using aeon mq 3.

Thanks for the help

butchabay Wrote:I assume once you have added new stuff, just start the script and should update automatically.

I think that is the way to do it, but I have a question. When run in that case, will it recheck and redownload all artworks for movies/tv shows already done ? or will it only check & download artworks for new insertion in media database ?
PunkyMatt Wrote:I think that is the way to do it, but I have a question. When run in that case, will it recheck and redownload all artworks for movies/tv shows already done ? or will it only check & download artworks for new insertion in media database ?

There are two ways:
One:
Run the add-on from the programs section. This way it will check ALL tvhsows/movies that are in your library. It will check if artwork is present. If it does it will skip, if not it will download the artwork. It will do this relatively fast. You can switch it to background run so you can further enjoy xbmc in the mean time.

Two:
Run in solo mode from for example videoinfo window for downloading for one movie at a time. MQ3 uses the old Extrafanart Downloader at the time. In the MQ3 this will probably change to this one and I'm not sure on how Marcos will integrate it. Depending on how it it started by the skin it will download automaticly or you will get a dialog like logo-downloader(this is not yet fulle functional).

Sidenote:
Just some code change statistics between Extrafanart & Artwork Downloader:
Quote:Showing 18 changed files with 1,352 code line additions and 440 deletions.
and still counting to get it final.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If you press back on the first select dialog you still get the second and third dialog popup. Would be cleaner if the script was canceled altogether if the user presses back on the first select dialog. This is in gui mode.
Big_Noid Wrote:If you press back on the first select dialog you still get the second and third dialog popup. Would be cleaner if the script was canceled altogether if the user presses back on the first select dialog. This is in gui mode.

Yeah still got some quirks to work out. It was a hell of a job for me (with the little coding experience) to get it working. I plan to always return to artwork list so you can do multiple art after each other instead of having it to start again again.
Thanks for the reply but its not helping me atm. So i go to the artwork downloader addon. Then what do i have to do to make it scan my libary again? There is no option like "scan" or something like that.

So basicly what i would like to know is how to make it scan manually or how to set it up to scan when starting up xbmc. Either way is fine. I just want it to scan for new stuff when i added a new movie.

Thanks
Ajedi Wrote:Thanks for the reply but its not helping me atm. So i go to the artwork downloader addon. Then what do i have to do to make it scan my libary again? There is no option like "scan" or something like that.

So basicly what i would like to know is how to make it scan manually or how to set it up to scan when starting up xbmc. Either way is fine. I just want it to scan for new stuff when i added a new movie.

Thanks
Go to the programs section. Check the add-on settings. If not set you will get a dialog an it will open automaticly. Also you will get notified when you set somethings wrong.

Then you hit ENTER when the add-on highlighted. This will rescan the whole library. So just run it like any other add-on.

Or with the new MQ3 update you can use this (don 't pay attention to the garbled layout):
This will only rescan your Movies (or tv shows when in tvshow library)
Pre-Eden (compilied Nov 17) T! Win7/64

Downloaded .0.4.1 (.0.4.2 in the chagelog) configured and left XBMC and the Artwork Downloader to run in minimized mode in the background. After 10 minutes something crashed. I'll degbug it.. OK, seems to be working fine now.. couldn't duplicate the issue.

PatK Wrote:Pre-Eden (compilied Nov 17) T! Win7/64

Downloaded .0.4.1 (.0.4.2 in the chagelog) configured and left XBMC and the Artwork Downloader to run in minimized mode in the background. After 10 minutes something crashed. I'll degbug it..
Only gonna change the version on official releases. This way everyone gets an update no matter if they had installed a beta or the previous version.

About the error.
IMO that's an XBMC bug. I get the same one on my dev pc even when nothing is running. It just hangs after a while.

If you could find that wpuld be great though Big Grin
Would it be possible to have a clean artwork option? if, for example, i raise the image rating parameter for fanart, could the program then delete the images in my library that are rated below the new rating i chose?

could it also be tied in with the automatic scan plug in that is available? so you could set it to run in the background overnight or something?

just a few thoughts....
distracto Wrote:Would it be possible to have a clean artwork option? if, for example, i raise the image rating parameter for fanart, could the program then delete the images in my library that are rated below the new rating i chose?

Well that is an easy one. It already does Smile
When extrafanart is below the set limit (rating or size) it will be deleted.

Quote:could it also be tied in with the automatic scan plug in that is available? so you could set it to run in the background overnight or something?
just a few thoughts....

paddycarey was working on something. Don't know the status. Maybe there's already something out there that does some timing.
Maybe we will make it optional however i don't know if this would interfere with other add-ons like Tv Show Next Aired also has a timer so it will get it's data every 24 hours.
If you're on linux you could use a xbmc-send & a cronjob to do the timing, that's what I do.

Code:
/usr/bin/xbmc-send -a "RunScript(script.artwork.downloader)" >> /dev/null 2>&1
Thanks Machine-Sanctum, that is great news. Such a great addition to XBMC to not have to use an external program to get all the eye candy!

@acandido, i am on windows for the machine that has the nightly versions
Frist off, i love this addon thanks for creating it. Big Grin

But i have a question. Will you implement a feature that will check your libaries for new movies and tv-shows on every startup of xbmc?
Now whenever i add a movie i have to manually run artwork downloader to get the 4 thumbs (im using the 4 thumbs view in Aeon MQ3).
If this is alreay possible could you tell me how to enable it? I cant find it in the settings.

thanks

running on Win7 pre-eden.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18