• 11(current)
Artwork Downloader
Martijn Wrote:That is absolutely great Big Grin (yeah i know it isn't fun for you)
The problem is that you're probably using Ember (or some other program) that creates NFO files. Somehow it saved non UTF-8 characters in some recently added movie.

We may have a fix for that so if you are willing to try it out?
script.artwork.downloader-Eden(1.0.2)-RC1.zip

Remember this is just a testing version!

Thanks Martijn, That fix seems to be working! Yes you are correct I have used Media Companion to create NFO's for all my movies and some of my TV Shows. I am extremely grateful for all the work you and the other developers have put in creating this wonderfully useful addon. I am more than happy to help when I can Big Grin

The addon is still running as I type. It looks like it is going to complete, but I can still provide you a debug log if it will be helpful. But it does look like the problem is solved.
Rastan Wrote:Thanks Martijn, That fix seems to be working! Yes you are correct I have used Media Companion to create NFO's for all my movies and some of my TV Shows. I am extremely grateful for all the work you and the other developers have put in creating this wonderfully useful addon. I am more than happy to help when I can Big Grin

The addon is still running as I type. It looks like it is going to complete, but I can still provide you a debug log if it will be helpful. But it does look like the problem is solved.

If it doesn't crash that won't be necessary Smile

You will notice that the order on wich it is run has changed.
New order: search for artwork -> processing artwork list -> downloading missing/new artwork
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
nightbuild PreEden from today installed script.artwork.downloader-Eden(1.0.2)-RC1.zip
But if i wanna start the Artwork Downloader the XBMC freez and the logife didnt write an error Message.
Will try again after XBMC restart ...
Not only XBMC my howl HTPC crashed had to do a full manuell restart ...
ASUS F2A85-M LE | A6-5400K | 4 GB DDR3-1866 | 128GB SSD | Windows 8 64 bit | XBMC 12 | Cirrus EV3
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 + Teufel Consono 35
Samsung UE55ES6300 55"
Harmony 785

www.MyXBMC.de
keibertz Wrote:nightbuild PreEden from today installed script.artwork.downloader-Eden(1.0.2)-RC1.zip
But if i wanna start the Artwork Downloader the XBMC freez and the logife didnt write an error Message.
Will try again after XBMC restart ...

Are you also using TV-Tunes and TV-Show-Next-Aired?
Martijn Wrote:Are you also using TV-Tunes and TV-Show-Next-Aired?

Yes i have installed them but only use TV-Show-Next-Aired for the TV-Guide from my Skin Cirrus EV2
after a full restart the Artwork Dowanloader is searching now
11% done this could take some minutes ...

25% ..
ASUS F2A85-M LE | A6-5400K | 4 GB DDR3-1866 | 128GB SSD | Windows 8 64 bit | XBMC 12 | Cirrus EV3
Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 + Teufel Consono 35
Samsung UE55ES6300 55"
Harmony 785

www.MyXBMC.de
keibertz Wrote:Yes i have installed them but only use TV-Show-Next-Aired for the TV-Guide from my Skin Cirrus EV2
after a full restart the Artwork Dowanloader is searching now
11% done this could take some minutes ...

25% ..
It's a well known problem that some add-ons when running can cause crashes. We can't do anything about that.
Martijn Wrote:If it doesn't crash that won't be necessary Smile

You will notice that the order on wich it is run has changed.
New order: search for artwork -> processing artwork list -> downloading missing/new artwork

Martijn, you have done wonders! All is well in XBMC land. The script completed with no errors and plenty of new fanart.
Many thanks for your fix it is well appreciated Big Grin
Rastan Wrote:Martijn, you have done wonders! All is well in XBMC land. The script completed with no errors and plenty of new fanart.
Many thanks for your fix it is well appreciated Big Grin

Don't forget paddycarey (or he will shoot me Wink )
He has done a lot as wel Nod
Martijn Wrote:Don't forget paddycarey (or he will shoot me Wink )
He has done a lot as wel Nod

LOL..Excuse me, Thanks to you too PaddyCarey for co-producing this wonderful creation. I didnt mean to leave you out so please dont shoot!! :p
Just got Artwork Downloader running properly, and it's terrific--great job to all involved!

Also wanted to make a feature suggestion--I have it set to run in the background, and I see in the top-right corner that it starts (says "Searching for artwork"), but then it disappears. Could it be set (or at least have an option) so that, like the movie/TV show scraper, it says what's going on with the downloader (but still lets you move around XBMC and do other things)?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:Just got Artwork Downloader running properly, and it's terrific--great job to all involved!

Also wanted to make a feature suggestion--I have it set to run in the background, and I see in the top-right corner that it starts (says "Searching for artwork"), but then it disappears. Could it be set (or at least have an option) so that, like the movie/TV show scraper, it says what's going on with the downloader (but still lets you move around XBMC and do other things)?
That's good to hear Smile

It already has to many options as it is and i don't know if it's possible. If it was other add-ons would have done it to i guess
Martijn Wrote:That's good to hear Smile

It already has to many options as it is and i don't know if it's possible. If it was other add-ons would have done it to i guess

Yeah, it turns out Memphiz as per usual came up with a temporary NFS fix that solved the whole "can't write to NAS via NFS" problem Wink

Maybe I didn't clearly explain what I was asking about. It just seems to me that if your addon is already set up so that it displays "Searching for Artwork" in the place where the scrapers normally show their status as they trudge through our video libraries, and since your addon does have a mode where it shows information about what's being downloaded, could not that information be displayed in the area where "Searching for Artwork" is (since you apparently already know how to display things there)? Smile

I guess my point is that when the option to run this addon in the background is enabled, we get the initial "Searching for Artwork" text, but then that disappears, and it's anyone's guess as to when it'll be done, or if it's even working. We only know things are okay once it posts the "completed" message at the end, but in between we have no idea what's going on.

In contrast, when the movie/TV show scraper goes through and does its thing, we can move around XBMC while it does so, and still keep an eye on how it's doing because it displays what it's doing in that upper right corner. It'd be nice if Artwork Downloader did the same thing, when it's set to run in background--just have the status up there saying the name of the movie/TV show, and what it's downloading for that (banner.jpg, poster.jpg, or whatever at the time).

Does that make sense? Rofl Why do I get the feeling you're sitting there reading this and shaking your fist at the screen and saying "YES, I get it, you moron, I helped write the damned thing!!" lol
Yeah i saw the Memphiz had a fix Wink

I know what you mean however i don't think add-ons can do that. Scrapers work somewhat different than add-ons so it might not be possible without changes in XBMC code.

We might do some code change that it goes that fast you won't see anything because it ill do multiple at the same time.

Quote:Does that make sense? Why do I get the feeling you're sitting there reading this and shaking your fist at the screen and saying "YES, I get it, you moron, I helped write the damned thing!!" lol
Something like that Big Grin
ok, so I'm going to be annoying and yet ask another question Smile

The script works great, except that several of my TV shows don't show banners (out of the 37 shows I have, 4 don't: "Darling Buds of May", "Pothedz Couch", "Miranda", and the Australian version of "Kath and Kim"). I went and looked in my NAS, and it appears that these banners simply never got downloaded--the shows have no banner.jpg. However, those shows do have banners on the tvdb.com site. Also, posters/thumbs/etc WERE downloaded for those shows--it seems to be limited to banners, specifically.

Any ideas here?
canadave Wrote:ok, so I'm going to be annoying and yet ask another question Smile

The script works great, except that several of my TV shows don't show banners (out of the 37 shows I have, 4 don't: "Darling Buds of May", "Pothedz Couch", "Miranda", and the Australian version of "Kath and Kim"). I went and looked in my NAS, and it appears that these banners simply never got downloaded--the shows have no banner.jpg. However, those shows do have banners on the tvdb.com site. Also, posters/thumbs/etc WERE downloaded for those shows--it seems to be limited to banners, specifically.

Any ideas here?

All i can says is disable the movie section in add-on settings. Enable full debugging in xbmc and run it. After copy/paste the full debug log to paste.ubuntu.com and poste the link here.
We'll see what can be the problem.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18