• 12(current)
Artwork Downloader
Ugh....if you thought I was a moron before, you're REALLY going to think that now.... Nod

I checked the log and of course the banners didn't download because it was set to limit artwork to a minimum rating of 5 (the default actually, I guess). Guess what rating the missing banners were at?

I'm sorry...I'm going to go crawl back into my hole now....*muttering, "next time check the damn logs"*

Blush
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:Ugh....if you thought I was a moron before, you're REALLY going to think that now.... Nod

I checked the log and of course the banners didn't download because it was set to limit artwork to a minimum rating of 5 (the default actually, I guess). Guess what rating the missing banners were at?

I'm sorry...I'm going to go crawl back into my hole now....*muttering, "next time check the damn logs"*

Blush

lol
Well i must admit i didn't think of that one so no need to be ashamed. We will change some things that no matter what it will always download at least on banner / logo(and so on)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:lol
Well i must admit i didn't think of that one so no need to be ashamed. We will change some things that no matter what it will always download at least on banner / logo(and so on)

hehe, thanks for letting me off the hook gently Smile Still can't believe I didn't think to check the log before posting.

Your idea of "at least one logo/banner" sounds like a perfect solution. Again, kudos for a wonderful addon--everything's downloaded properly now and looks fantastic!
canadave Wrote:hehe, thanks for letting me off the hook gently Smile Still can't believe I didn't think to check the log before posting.

Your idea of "at least one logo/banner" sounds like a perfect solution. Again, kudos for a wonderful addon--everything's downloaded properly now and looks fantastic!

Big Grin

You can also log-in on thetvdb.com and rate the banner you like Wink
That way it will be above the rating limit
Martijn Wrote:Big Grin

You can also log-in on thetvdb.com and rate the banner you like Wink
That way it will be above the rating limit

heh, I thought of that...I might just do that Wink

Quick question while you're here....Artwork Downloader grabbed a banner for a TV show that isn't the "best banner" (in my subjective opinion) for the show. There's other banners available. To switch banners, is the best way simply to grab the banner myself manually from thetvdb.com and copy it to "banner.jpg" in the TV show folder, overwriting the crummy one that's there? Or is there some "best way to do this" within XBMC, or in Artwork Downloader?

I thought it might be "edit" from the "TV Show Information" screen, and then "Change thumbnail"; but that seems to want to change the poster, not the banner.
canadave Wrote:heh, I thought of that...I might just do that Wink

Quick question while you're here....Artwork Downloader grabbed a banner for a TV show that isn't the "best banner" (in my subjective opinion) for the show. There's other banners available. To switch banners, is the best way simply to grab the banner myself manually from thetvdb.com and copy it to "banner.jpg" in the TV show folder, overwriting the crummy one that's there? Or is there some "best way to do this" within XBMC, or in Artwork Downloader?

I thought it might be "edit" from the "TV Show Information" screen, and then "Change thumbnail"; but that seems to want to change the poster, not the banner.

Copying it yourself is one way. It might take some time for it to be 'refreshed' and show the new one.

I know Aeon Nox has the GUI mode so you can select it yourself. Other skins use a different mode and we need to fix something to make it give an option list like the GUI mode. That way you can select it yourself.
Fair enough--thanks!
Say, I have a question. I use the fan art slideshow in XBMC as my screensaver on my ATV2. Is there any way to set it up so that it uses not only the fan art in the Thumbnails directory, but also the fan art that I've now downloaded with Artwork Downloader (which exists in each movie/TV show folder)?
canadave Wrote:Say, I have a question. I use the fan art slideshow in XBMC as my screensaver on my ATV2. Is there any way to set it up so that it uses not only the fan art in the Thumbnails directory, but also the fan art that I've now downloaded with Artwork Downloader (which exists in each movie/TV show folder)?

Go into the addon settings/advanced and turn on "Centralize fanart" and select your directories. Run the script again and all your extrafanart will be copied into those directories which (depending on your skin), you can then set as a slideshow for the various items on your homescreen or for screensaver Cool
canadave Wrote:Say, I have a question. I use the fan art slideshow in XBMC as my screensaver on my ATV2. Is there any way to set it up so that it uses not only the fan art in the Thumbnails directory, but also the fan art that I've now downloaded with Artwork Downloader (which exists in each movie/TV show folder)?
No that's not possible. XBMC does not support multi-folder sources that skins need to make a slideshow. The images need to be in the same folder.
Lightbulb 
- Added: Log summary on failed/missing items
- Added: Support the providers message on finished
- Added: Custom mode pops-up a image selection when run on single tvshow/movie
- Added: First retrieve image list(s) and then do batch download
- Changed: Run add-on on specified time of day instead on interval
- Fixed: Problems caused with UTF-8 characters in titles
- Fixed: Some images didn't show in GUI because of spaces in image URL
- Fixed: Show correct download count in log
- Fixed: Don't show dialog.OK when finished run in silent mode

paddycarey Wrote:Go into the addon settings/advanced and turn on "Centralize fanart" and select your directories. Run the script again and all your extrafanart will be copied into those directories which (depending on your skin), you can then set as a slideshow for the various items on your homescreen or for screensaver Cool

Martijn Wrote:No that's not possible. XBMC does not support multi-folder sources that skins need to make a slideshow. The images need to be in the same folder.

Laugh Rofl Eek

lol thanks guys...I'll give paddycarey's idea a shot tomorrow when I've got access to my ATV2 Smile
I cant get this script to run and get a script error on initilisation.

Running latest nightly build on windows 7.

This is thelog report:

15:49:37 T:1400 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:49:38 T:1400 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
15:49:38 T:1400 ERROR: Error Contents: ('result',)
15:49:38 T:1400 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Farrells\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 749, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Farrells\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 99, in __init__
self.Medialist = media_listing('movie')
File "C:\Users\Farrells\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\resources\lib\media_setup.py", line 40, in _media_listing
if jsonobject['result'].has_key('movies'):
KeyError: ('result',)
15:49:44 T:2008 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
canadave Wrote:Laugh Rofl Eek

lol thanks guys...I'll give paddycarey's idea a shot tomorrow when I've got access to my ATV2 Smile

Paddy's idea will work Smile
Just to be clear I was commenting on using the media folders part and that won 't workWink
farr3ll Wrote:I cant get this script to run and get a script error on initilisation.

Running latest nightly build on windows 7.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Like said in the first post:
Quote:Bugs:
  • If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestions please add them to issues on github or let us know here. DO NOT post parts of you debug log directly. ONLY use http://pastebin.com/ or http://paste.ubuntu.com/ and post the link together with a description of the problem.

And probably it's this:
ronie Wrote:created a ticket for it: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12279
But still need full debug log to confirm
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18