• 15(current)
Release script favourites
Sorry I see that this is posted in a development area. I will try to ask under the specific skin area. Please ignore.

I really love this script. it allows me to put an "add on shortcut" on the home screen that is actually my show list from some of my favorite add ons. This saves many selections and makes the wife happy.

Is there any way to get this to work with Jarvis? I use this with the CCM helix skin on kodi 16.1 and it works fine. I am setting up a new box with Jarvis and it does not seem to recognize the script file (v6.03).

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I did not read thru all of the pages of this forum.

After reading a little it appears that the skin may be the issue because it does not call on the script. Is their a list of supported skins somewhere?
Thanks
kwma01
pretty much every skin in the addon repo supports this script.

Code:
skin.aeon.nox.5
skin.amber
skin.apptv
skin.blackglassnova
skin.box
skin.chroma
skin.cirrus.extended
skin.eunique
skin.kover
skin.metropolis
skin.nebula
skin.phenomenal
skin.rapier
skin.revolve
skin.transparency
skin.xperience1080
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Feature Request

Would be nice if there would be "ListItem.DBID" or "ListItem.DBType"

Code:
Window(home).Property(favourite.1.DBID)

This way it would be possible to do different Icon sizes. (Poster for Movies, Square for Albums and so on..)

I could even think of using this in a "grouplist" for a Widget, and having Icons with different width side by side (If this at the End would work the way i have it in minde.)

--
Guess would need a bit more than just adding "

PHP Code:
fav_DBID listitems[num].getDBID()

xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.SetString(%s,%s)' % ('%s.%s' % (self.PROPERTY"DBID",), fav_DBID,)) 
it's not possible, kodi doesn't save that info to your favourites.xml file.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the Info.

So, as long as i get that right, not everything is comming from the Script? right? Hard to tell for me what is part of the Script and what is done on the Kodi side.

Wouldnt it be possible to let the script add that additional info to the "favorites.xml"? Have to admit that python isnt realy my cup of tea, but as much as i knew, it shuld be possible to add stuff via phyton to a existing .xml

Guess at the End it depends how the favorite is added to "favorites.xml" right?

--
So as long as i get that right, it would need a "general feature request" to get DBID, as it is part of Kodi, right?

think this could be a usefull addition, as it would allow to Skin the size of a Icon according to what it "hold".
open your favourites.xml file and check what info is listed there. ;-)
that's all there's available to the favourites script.
There are a lot of things missing from favourites, like fanart and plot/description. IMO it doesn't make much sense to add dbid without a complete redesign of the favorites feature.
(2016-12-28, 20:21)ronie Wrote: open your favourites.xml file and check what info is listed there. ;-)

oh, jer, totaly forget to thake a look at the favorite.xml (never opened befor Tongue, since several Years Tongue ) so what is this favorite.xml and where do i finde it Big Grin Big GrinEek

(2016-12-28, 20:08)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Thanks for the Info.

So, as long as i get that right, not everything is comming from the Script? right? Hard to tell for me what is part of the Script and what is done on the Kodi side.

Wouldnt it be possible to let the script add that additional info to the "favorites.xml"? Have to admit that python isnt realy my cup of tea, but as much as i knew, it shuld be possible to add stuff via phyton to a existing .xml

Guess at the End it depends how the favorite is added to "favorites.xml" right?

(Just in case its been overlooked Wink )

(2016-12-28, 20:21)ronie Wrote: that's all there's available to the favourites script.
in the userdata folder.
Just In Case, i was kidding !!! Wink
Hi I'm using skin aeon mq 7 with Kodi Jarvis. Is it possible to add something like the "Add Videos" button as a skin sub menu shortcut using this script? Btw I can't find a link to the script either, i believe theres a new script that succeeds the one in the first post.
@ronie, would you consider adding to the script the function to set a home window property with the total number of favourites that you have? This used to be provided by skin helper service, and I am trying to eliminate all uses of skin helper service from the Amber skin.  I used to provide this info as an option for infoline for menu items when configuring the menu.  Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
that's been available in the favourites script since day one ;-)
see the README included in the addon.
(2019-11-26, 23:31)ronie Wrote: that's been available in the favourites script since day one ;-)
see the README included in the addon.
@ronie, my apologies! Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,

Bart
What am I able to do for to make the script work with path_substitution for "special://profile/favourites.xml"?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2